Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I am sad to see this ERA go, it still had so much pop and more stories to explore. I feel like they are going to water down the X-men going forward, Oh well Cheers to the Krakoa Era it was a wild and great ride.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

If Hickman had wrapped up the Krakoa era as planned, I think I'd be a bit more bummed to say goodbye to it. Despite Ewing and Gillen's efforts, the last few years felt kind of stagnant. So, I'm actually more pumped about whatever comes next. If anything, Claremont writing anything Krakoa-related will be entertaining to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone do the math for how this is the 700th issue?
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 #1-544
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 #1-20
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 #1-35, #600
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4 #1-19
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 5 #1-15
    War of the Realms: Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 #1-3
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 5 #16-22
    X-Men Vol. 5 #1-21
    X-Men Vol. 6 #1-35

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    If Hickman had wrapped up the Krakoa era as planned, I think I'd be a bit more bummed to say goodbye to it. Despite Ewing and Gillen's efforts, the last few years felt kind of stagnant. So, I'm actually more pumped about whatever comes next. If anything, Claremont writing anything Krakoa-related will be entertaining to say the least.

I respect your POV and your opinion.
    I will say this ERA brought me back after that travesty of stories they brought after Avengers vs X-men. After that crossover the stories were unreadable. Plus the fact they started killing people off
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Do you think it will be one story written by several authors in the style of Hellfire Gala or several independent stories?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Do you think it will be one story written by several authors in the style of Hellfire Gala or several independent stories?
    They specifically call our Chris' story as a "family" one plus another (the one penned by Gail, I assume) as a glimpse on things to come so I would assume there might be a few different stories - that said, the Krakoa guys might also do it in a single narrative but divided into chapters.

Destiny was so important from this era, bad choice dont put her

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I'm thinking they'll be independent but connected stories. I can see Ewing focusing on Arakko, Gillen on the QC, etc.

The most bittersweet omissions from the finale of the Krakoan era cover for me are the Five.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I think they just let Pepe Larraz do whatever he wanted for the cover

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It's also interesting how pretty much everyone is sporting their Krakoa-era looks but Magneto is in his classic costume and Charles is in a wheelchair instead of his perv bodysuit and Cerebro helmet. Might be purely symbolic on Larraz's part obviously.

And LOL at Moira carrying... what? A handbag full of Blightswill?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think they just let Pepe Larraz do whatever he wanted for the cover
    Yeah he just posted something to that effect on Instagram. He wanted to touch on important runs during the Krakoan era or something. Also that he's aware that he left characters off that should be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It's also interesting how pretty much everyone is sporting their Krakoa-era looks but Magneto is in his classic costume and Charles is in a wheelchair instead of his perv bodysuit and Cerebro helmet. Might be purely symbolic on Larraz's part obviously.

And LOL at Moira carrying... what? A handbag full of Blightswill?
    Also interesting that Quintin looks like he looked pre-Krakoa era.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Funny, most of them played a role during the Krakoa age. I just don't get that Pixie is there, she was just a background filler.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I can't understand why there's Deadpool there but not, say, Destiny.
    All the missing characters on the cover (Kwannon and Rachel as others pointed out, but at least other 10, like Darwin? Any other New Mutant?) suggest that perhaps the art is meant to be bigger than this? That there's another piece on the left where the missing characters are? Laura is cut in an odd way, IMHO.
    I think I recall some wraparounds that were made of three panels, in the recent past. This might be the case,

Happy that Warren, despite his little role in the whole era, is there. And taking up the space of like three people.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Someone said Gateway was minding his business meditating and this parade started going by. Now I can't unsee it. LOL!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Also, why is Pixie so small that it looks like Banshee is about to eat her?