Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Are they counting a mini? Did the regular Uncanny X-Men stop while the War of the Realms mini was coming out? Seems kinda odd to count it.
    It actually doesnt. WotR was very much a part of that run and it got the legacy numbering as it was released

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Are they counting a mini? Did the regular Uncanny X-Men stop while the War of the Realms mini was coming out? Seems kinda odd to count it.
    Yes, the mini came out alongside the main title, with the mini using the legacy numbers #635-637 between issues #15 and #16. Almost all Marvel legacy numbers should have an asterisk beside them because they even pulled this stunt with some minis retroactively.
    Last edited by cranger; 03-06-2024 at 08:19 PM.

I’m oddly happy that Pogg made the cut. I hope he is used frequently moving forward.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I think it's cute how Magneto is wheeling Xavier.

Also Emma in her HoX outfit looking proud and emotionless while Scott and Jean are holding hands in front of her. What is Mystique telling her?

The Cuckoo's trying not to be in Quentin's direction.

Claremont really last good thing he wrote was x-men 1-3, you couldn’t get hickman to write one last story?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Dang, too bad they didn't want to end on a Hellfire Gala and make it a giant celebration of this era.

But it makes sense if the finale is going to be a dour one

So when Uncanny X-Men is relaunched this summer under Tom Brevoort, I guess the adjectiveless X-Men title will then be free to use once again his own legacy numbering (starting with #301).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 03-07-2024 at 12:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    So when Uncanny X-Men is relaunched this summer under Tom Brevoort, I guess the adjectiveless X-Men title will then be free to use once again his own legacy numbering (starting with #301).
    It will be interesting to see what they do with the Legacy numbering as Brevoort's and Lowe's offices always seemed to give more attention to it compared to Jordan White's. If they are bringing them back and displaying them on the covers, there will be quite a number of milestones to celebrate in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 #1-544
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 #1-20
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 #1-35, #600
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4 #1-19
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 5 #1-15
    War of the Realms: Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 #1-3
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 5 #16-22
    X-Men Vol. 5 #1-21
    X-Men Vol. 6 #1-35
    Sounds about right.

X-Men (1963-1980) #1-141 = LGY #1-141
    Uncanny X-Men (1980-2011) #142-544 = LGY #142-544
    Uncanny X-Men (2011-2012) #1-20 = LGY #545-564
    Uncanny X-Men (2013-2015) #1-35 = LGY #565-599
    Uncanny X-Men #600 (2015) = LGY #600
    Uncanny X-Men (2016-2017) #1-19 = LGY #601-619
    Uncanny X-Men (2018-2019) #1-22 = #LGY 620-644
    Uncanny X-Men War of the Realms #1-3 (2019) = #LGY 635-637
    X-Men (2019-2021) #1-21 = LGY #645-665
    X-Men (2021-2024) #1-35 = #LGY 666-700

Man, I’m just looking forward to seeing all the relaunched books get announced… covers and creative teams and whatnot. That’s always exciting. New looks, new teams… that stuff always fires me up, even after all these years.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Man, I’m just looking forward to seeing all the relaunched books get announced… covers and creative teams and whatnot. That’s always exciting. New looks, new teams… that stuff always fires me up, even after all these years.
    Agreed! That teaser from the Women of Marvel issue made me a bit less excited, but I’m still very curious to know what the line will actually look like. And Gail Simone’s involvement is definitely a plus for me.

This is a BEAUTIFUL piece.

Given the magnitude of what the Krakoa era was, and what it meant to people-- good or bad -- it is a remarkably daunting task to include every character that feels important over the span of 4(?) years, and I think that's a testament to what so many of the creators involved achieved.

Especially as this era draws nearer to it's conclusion, I regularly imagine layout designs and character arrangements, and find myself feeling all kinds of emotions at the notion of balancing real estate with love for the characters. Its an uncanny thing to both envy these talented artists while also quaking at that level of responsibility.

I hope Pepe enjoyed this piece and I hope he enjoyed his time with Krakoa.
    I will forever be grateful for his contributions and how they impacted my life within this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This is a BEAUTIFUL piece.

Given the magnitude of what the Krakoa era was, and what it meant to people-- good or bad -- it is a remarkably daunting task to include every character that feels important over the span of 4(?) years, and I think that's a testament to what so many of the creators involved achieved.

Especially as this era draws nearer to it's conclusion, I regularly imagine layout designs and character arrangements, and find myself feeling all kinds of emotions at the notion of balancing real estate with love for the characters. Its an uncanny thing to both envy these talented artists while also quaking at that level of responsibility.

I hope Pepe enjoyed this piece and I hope he enjoyed his time with Krakoa.
    I will forever be grateful for his contributions and how they impacted my life within this community.
    I believe this era will have lasted a full 5 years by the July relaunch! As much as some people wanna be like “guess the Krakoa experiment failed,” five years for a Big 2 status quo is basically a century. I can’t think of how many “big shifts” in comics only amount to about a year or two of change before reverting to the status quo.

While the last chapter was by no means my favorite, I’m appreciative for this era and hope that it inspires the new creators to innovate even if things are packaged to be more traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed! That teaser from the Women of Marvel issue made me a bit less excited, but I’m still very curious to know what the line will actually look like. And Gail Simone’s involvement is definitely a plus for me.
    Well, admittedly it wasn’t a great teaser… with great art, the creative team, the full roster. I’m expecting the cover reveals to hit harder. Much harder!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

I certainly hope that the Cover for #700 indicated a full return to service by Banshee.
    He’s been so ignored.