Extraordinary Member

Default Yang Xiao Long vs Yor Forger

In light of recent events, I wanted to make a battle with some RWBY characters, and Yor sees like a decent enough match for her.

Current incarnation of Yang, Yor is armed as usual

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

As long as Yor can strike Yang's arm and turn her into a badly-written emo copy of herself, Yor can win. :^)

How powerful are Yor's needles? I don't know what it takes to break a Semblance shield, but then again, Yang got her arm cut off because some guy had robot legs and then an animal abuser cut off her arm because it was time to have the bad guys win.

Of course, RWBY's never been consistent in power.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yor’s spikes are not, and none of themselves, anything special; they’re just metal spikes that are strong enough to be used by someone capable of kicking someone ~a hundred feet through the air without breaking.

Basically, it’s Yor who is special, not the spikes. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yor’s spikes are not, and none of themselves, anything special; they’re just metal spikes that are strong enough to be used by someone capable of kicking someone ~a hundred feet through the air without breaking.

Basically, it’s Yor who is special, not the spikes. ^_^
    Didn't Yor once mention that the tips of her spikes were laced with a lethal poison when Anya tried snooping through her things in the early chapters of the series?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Didn't Yor once mention that the tips of her spikes were laced with a lethal poison when Anya tried snooping through her things in the early chapters of the series?
    Hm.

I would need to look that up, but it's certainly possible. Maybe it was just on that day, or maybe it's all the time?

Worth looking into.... ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Hm.

I would need to look that up, but it's certainly possible. Maybe it was just on that day, or maybe it's all the time?

Worth looking into.... ^_^
    While Yor using poison has been mentioned a few times in the story, we've never actually seen it in action. Usually Yor just stabs/hits her targets to death and if there's any poison in play it doesn't get a chance to do anything.

We've seen her poison resistance in play more often than her using poison as a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    While Yor using poison has been mentioned a few times in the story, we've never actually seen it in action. Usually Yor just stabs/hits her targets to death and if there's any poison in play it doesn't get a chance to do anything.

We've seen her poison resistance in play more often than her using poison as a tool.
    This is pretty much the case, as I recall it.

The poison is pretty...unimportant, as it's normally the fact that there's a metal spike sticking somewhere vital that kills the person. ^_^

It could be useful here? But as I recall, for any actual cuts and damage to happen to RWBY characters, their aura needs to be fully depleted or somesuch (amirite? Or making this up?). If that's the case, and Yor has managed to beat all heck out of Yang enough that Yang's aura collapses, I feel that once again, as Dark Soul #7 states, the poison is going to take second fiddle to Yor sticking a steel pin through Yang's forehead and calling it a day.

The big question is going to be, can Yor do this?

I, for one, don't watch RWBY so I can't speak to that. Aren't they all bullet-timers, though? That's problematic for Yor.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

This is pretty much the case, as I recall it.

The poison is pretty...unimportant, as it's normally the fact that there's a metal spike sticking somewhere vital that kills the person. ^_^

It could be useful here? But as I recall, for any actual cuts and damage to happen to RWBY characters, their aura needs to be fully depleted or somesuch (amirite? Or making this up?). If that's the case, and Yor has managed to beat all heck out of Yang enough that Yang's aura collapses, I feel that once again, as Dark Soul #7 states, the poison is going to take second fiddle to Yor sticking a steel pin through Yang's forehead and calling it a day.

The big question is going to be, can Yor do this?

I, for one, don't watch RWBY so I can't speak to that. Aren't they all bullet-timers, though? That's problematic for Yor.
    IIRC, significantly strong hits can damage through Aura before a full Aura break is triggered.

As for the bullet timing thing, the characters all use Guns and don't seem to have much issue with dodging them, though I've never done a thorough check of the fight scenes to do a deeper analysis.

If Yang is a bullet-timer, it means Yor is at a disadvantage speedwise, to say the least.
    Why are we here?

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

There's usages of slow-mo, but it was a reference to another Rooster Teeth property. Yang got her arm sliced off by a katana wielder who wasn't anything special before then.

Spectacular Member

Adam Taurus didn't have any big fight scenes before slicing off Yang's arm, but he's later shown to be a pretty impressive fighter, and capable of taking on both Yang and Blake in a fight.

Yang's special power is that she absorbs energy from getting beat up, so she can hit her hardest when she's on her last legs. After her arm was cut off, her dad pointed out that relying on her semblance to power through fights was a really bad idea, so she stops face tanking hits and uses it more carefully.

I'm not super familiar with Yor, but I think that Yang has the advantage in this fight. Yor might be able to power through her aura quickly, but that'll make her more dangerous. Also, Yang's shot gauntlets seem like a better ranged option that Yor's spikes.