Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Loved the concept and Abnett and Lanning as writers, but they lost me almost immediately by killing off Wonder Man.
    Well he does come back in Avengers Volume 3 comic series back in 1998. Surprised you didn't now that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    Well he does come back in Avengers Volume 3 comic series back in 1998. Surprised you didn't now that.
    Well, that was long after FW was cancelled. Abnett and Lanning were also responsible for that butt ugly outfit Wanda wore in her mini-series -- and, unfortunately, was used in the Avengers poster Perez illustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The second season theme song rocked, though (even with Tony's unfortunate mullet):

oh yeah, the whole second season was a big improvement over the first, in general. I was a huge fan of The Mandarin, particularly the green-skinned version from this cartoon, since it moved him away from a lot of the unfortunate stereotypes he was created with and actually gave him a better story than the usual "wanna-be world-conquerer"

there's also a hilarious moment in season 1 where MODOK refers to Fin Fang Foom as a "reptilian jackass" - I was amazed they were allowed to leave that in the dialogue lmao

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The second season theme song rocked, though (even with Tony's unfortunate mullet):

Yeah, overall season 2 was a bit better than season 1. I just wanted to use the previous opener since it shows the team a bit.

So is Century still rotting in some state penitentiary with who knows how many years still left due to his time with the Revengers while Simon walks around scot-free as a pacifist?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Moonraker was confusing.
    Avengers forever made him even more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We barely see USAgent once this book disappeared.
    Speaking of...I appreciated the effort to give Walker a costume that wasn't a Rogers cast-off. The art was certainly...special.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well, that was long after FW was cancelled. Abnett and Lanning were also responsible for that butt ugly outfit Wanda wore in her mini-series -- and, unfortunately, was used in the Avengers poster Perez illustrated.
    To my recollection, that battle dress looked decent exactly once: in a pinup shot unrelated to any story...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    To my recollection, that battle dress looked decent exactly once: in a pinup shot unrelated to any story...
    Yeah, it looked very much like a dress, and not something you'd wear into battle. Even when one takes account the stuff some female character wear into battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Speaking of...I appreciated the effort to give Walker a costume that wasn't a Rogers cast-off. The art was certainly...special.
    I actually LOVED John's upgrades, setting him a bit apart from the second hand Captain America. They should not have gone back on that. IMHO, of course.

Peace

Loved Force Works. The group and the concept were right up my alley.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I couldn’t stand the set, for the most part. The men especially had a gritting teeth constipated look and it always looked like they were being sprayed with black ink in their eyes.

I was a huge WCA fan but I completely skipped this book. I got a little tempted when Jimmy Chueng came on board but never bought an issue. As a matter of fact this is the era where I ended dropping most of my regular Marvel titles. The whole wannabe Image EXTREME Marvel stuff just didn't work for me. I think there was one point where I went from like 20 titles to 1 and that was Uncanny X-Men because Joe Mad was still doing the pencils. Every now and then the Force Works collection goes on sale on Comixology and I almost pull the trigger but I always change my mind at the last minute. I just don't think I'll like it so why spend the money.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    Yes, of course I know that, but that was several years later. I dropped the Force Works book after they killed him off. Force Works was long gone before the Busiek/Perez Avengers relaunch and Simon revival.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I was a huge WCA fan but I completely skipped this book. I got a little tempted when Jimmy Chueng came on board but never bought an issue. As a matter of fact this is the era where I ended dropping most of my regular Marvel titles. The whole wannabe Image EXTREME Marvel stuff just didn't work for me. I think there was one point where I went from like 20 titles to 1 and that was Uncanny X-Men because Joe Mad was still doing the pencils. Every now and then the Force Works collection goes on sale on Comixology and I almost pull the trigger but I always change my mind at the last minute. I just don't think I'll like it so why spend the money.
    I'd just forget about it. I think the end of the series was part of 'The Crossing'. There may have been a few okay issues towards the end, but for the most part -- it was an ill-conceived series with Marvel trying to mimic Image as you stated.