Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Not going to lie, the utter hilarity of Cable potentially becoming the new Apocalypse after devoting a sizable portion of his life to being the dude's ultimate nemesis would make that outcome fun on a level I can't really describe. Also, his dad was sort of Apocalypse for a while, though that was more possessed than heir.

Honestly, this sounds kind of terrible. But in a way that it might actually be really good if done well. It's just hard to imagine it done well. I will remain patient and wait to hear more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I don't remember the timing, if this mini is released before or after Giant-Size, so who's gonna bring back (=to life) Warren first.
    Still, it would be interesting, especially after the text he put related to Warren's soul in Dark X-Men #5.

I think Warren will pop up, I refuse to believe the cover to be completely a rouse. What I fear is how and in what capacity Warren pops up. Krakoa-era has left me very diffident, when Warren is involved. (and this coming from someone who not only had much hope in X-Corp but even liked it!)
    While I try not to trust covers too much, I feel like Warren could easily take on a disrupting force to whatever plot Apocalypse has going, which would give him a unique role compared to the 12 tournament competitors.

This premise sounds dumb to me. But I also haven't been a fan of the Apocalypse retcon so
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    While I try not to trust covers too much, I feel like Warren could easily take on a disrupting force to whatever plot Apocalypse has going, which would give him a unique role compared to the 12 tournament competitors.
    Apocalypse and Warren never interacting with each other on Krakoa has been such a missed opportunity for good drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    This premise sounds dumb to me. But I also haven't been a fan of the Apocalypse retcon so
    People keep trying to improve on the solid work Rick Remender did updating the lore behind Apocalypse and it keeps getting worse. Celestial Keepers are supposed to serve for life until they're killed off and replaced by a superior successor. Now it appears you can opt out of the role by organizing an X-Men vs. Street fighter tournament. Woooo, compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I thought the relaunch was in July?
    Maybe there's a big From the Ashes one-shot in July, followed by the relaunch in August.

Mighty Member

Have Emma and Apoph interacted before?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So does becoming the heir give you a power boost or command of the Horsemen or is it just really a job title...?
    I have the same questions. With the changes A has been through/made in this era, what exactly does it all mean now?

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Have Emma and Apoph interacted before?
    Hmm, they were on the QC together but I don't recall any major interactions between them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Considering how writers decided Apocalypse was Rictor's new mentor, the 'winner' is likely him.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nature Girl is still evil? What the ****?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Yeah, that was my first thought, too. But Steve Foxe has been killing it on X-men Unlimited, so I'm cautiously hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Considering how writers decided Apocalypse was Rictor's new mentor, the 'winner' is likely him.
    I think he's got a slight edge on the rest, but Howard's not writing this, so things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nature Girl is still evil? What the ****?
    Definitely a loose end that needs to be tied up. I hope this doesn't mean Curse is in the mini...
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Am I the only one feeling this story sounds a lot like a third wheel?

Krakoa age was supposed to be over with FOTHOX/ROTPOX, but this story is still related.

Editorial plans for the Brevoort's era are not ready?

They promised a sneak peek last year and then postponed it.
    It's March and the only "confirmed" name so far is Gail Simone.
    All we know is that they offered the franchise to Jim Lee, but he refused the invitation.

Hasn't Brevoort a plan B?

Never liked Apoc. but will check this out bc I like the writer.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Am I the only one feeling this story sounds a lot like a third wheel?

Krakoa age was supposed to be over with FOTHOX/ROTPOX, but this story is still related.

Editorial plans for the Brevoort's era are not ready?

They promised a sneak peek last year and then postponed it.
    It's March and the only "confirmed" name so far is Gail Simone.
    All we know is that they offered the franchise to Jim Lee, but he refused the invitation.

Hasn't Brevoort a plan B?
    Only think I can think of is that this ties into Arakko post-Krakoa and the new Apocalypse will appear in other X-Books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Only think I can think of is that this ties into Arakko post-Krakoa and the new Apocalypse will appear in other X-Books.
    This could be like Original Sin, where there were some changes by the end of the story that effected the wider MU but it is not like any other books really did anything with it immediately.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Nature Girl feels like the best option for a new Apocalypse. She'd be even better than his ex.