Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse - Steve Foxe and Netho Diaz

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...oxe-netho-diaz

Before the X-Men enter a new age this summer, a challenge must be held to determine who will inherit Apocalypse’s sacred responsibility in X-MEN: HEIR OF APOCALYPSE!

X-MEN: HEIR OF APOCALYPSE #1 (OF 4)
    Written by STEVE FOXE
    Art by NETHO DIAZ
    Cover by DOTUN AKANDE
    On Sale 6/5

X-MEN: HEIR OF APOCALYPSE #2 (OF 4)
    Written by STEVE FOXE
    Art by NETHO DIAZ
    Cover by DOTUN AKANDE
    On Sale 6/26

X-MEN: HEIR OF APOCALYPSE #3 (OF 4)
    Written by STEVE FOXE
    Art by NETHO DIAZ
    Cover by DOTUN AKANDE
    On Sale 7/10
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

X-MEN: HEIR OF APOCALYPSE #4 (OF 4)
    Written by STEVE FOXE
    Art by NETHO DIAZ
    Cover by DOTUN AKANDE
    On Sale 7/31

Written by Steve Foxe (X-MEN ’97, DEAD X-MEN) and drawn by Netho Diaz (DAREDEVIL: BLACK ARMOR), this four-issue limited series kicks off in May and sees the X-Men’s former archenemy gather 12 mutants for an epic tournament to discover who is fit enough to take his place. After trials that test the heart, body, mind, and soul, one will emerge to boldly follow in Apocalypse’s mighty footsteps!

Throughout the Krakoan Age, Apocalypse underwent a radical transformation from super villain to revered mutant leader. More invigorated than ever, Apocalypse now returns to Arakko to steer his former homeland towards a new destiny. But his work on Earth still needs to be done—especially in the wake of Krakoa’s brutal fall.

Who will he choose as his successor? A mix of icons, fan favorites, and villains, the 12 mutants in the running are: Armageddon Girl, Cable, Cypher, Emma Frost, Exodus, Forge, Gorgon, Mirage, Mr. Sinister, Penance, Rictor, and Wolverine (Laura Kinney).

"The shadow of Apocalypse has loomed large over not just the Krakoan Era, but a substantial percentage of mutant-focused storytelling since his debut in 1986," Foxe shared. "These past few years have shown so many new facets of En Sabah Nur, and my Krakoan peers aren't done with him quite yet. So it's both an immense honor and a ton of pressure to step up to the slab for HEIR OF APOCALYPSE, which charts a new path for his legacy in the years to come."

"I've been lucky to bend the ear of past and future stewards of these characters to make sure these four issues are a meaningful entry in the Apocalypse canon—and I had every X-fan's dream task of selecting twelve mutants from across the history of the franchise who might just be up for the titular role," he said. "Some are characters I've already had the privilege to write, some are characters I've eyed enviously, and some won't survive the series... but only one will become the Heir of Apocalypse."

"I lucked out tremendously getting paired with Netho Diaz—we have a large cast, and he makes spotlighting them all look easy," Foxe continued. "This book has some of the biggest action I’ve written in my Marvel career, and I can’t wait for folks to see Netho bring it to life!"

For centuries, Apocalypse tested the mutants of Earth to guarantee that only the strong would survive. Now, as he takes his throne on Arakko, another must rise in his place and ensure the mutants of Earth do not grow weak in his absence! Twelve mutants chosen from the X-Men's greatest heroes—and villains—will compete for the honor, but only one can become... the HEIR OF APOCALYPSE!

My sweet Rictor! And Nature Girl?! Oh goodness.

damn Foxe gets to right a good amount of characters

I'm so confused on with whatever the hell Relaunch is going on. That said, Foxe is continually a hit and this is a great mix of characters. Aside from Sinister over usage.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Warren on a cover but not part of an Apocalypse tournament? *sigh*
    At least Foxe continues to get X-Men work, and I hope he gets more during the coming era.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

All-New Member

This sounds awesome! I’m so happy to see Mirage and Penance get some focus and love.

Other than Sinister that's an interesting cast of characters.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

I'd have liked the idea more if it was all the Horsemen and Children of Apocalypse. All the Wars, all the Deaths, all the Famines and Pestilences...
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Yeah this sounds pretty great. It's an interesting group of characters, Arakko confirmed here to stay (as Apocalypse takes his "throne"), and I bet this is Warren's chance to finally have a face off with Apocalypse. I'm all in!

Extraordinary Member

There is a lot of how this is being marketed that makes me want to gag, but I will wait to see some previews before deciding on whether the story seems worth checking out.

I also expect to see a few more of these bi-weekly minis fill the June/July solicitations before the August X-Men relaunch.

I thought the relaunch was in July?

Extraordinary Member

I feel like you don't put Cypher on this kind of list if you don't intend for him to be the 'winner,' especially since Angel isn't 1 of the 12 and he'd be by far the most obvious choice. Armageddon Girl would be a hilarious troll choice.

Who won't survive? Cable, Emma, and Laura are safe. Doug should be safe as well unless they want to deliberately do the opposite of X of Swords. Sinister and Armageddon Girl would get cheers and a good death would wrap up their recent stories. I'd worry about the rest, especially Mirage possibly taking a bullet for Doug.

Fantastic Member

So since he's on the list i guess we can assume Mister Sinister will get out of the Pit scott free?

WHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT?

I like this. a good Apoccy is a happy Apoccy