Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It's a shame Archangel is not part of these 12.

This amount, reminder me of 'The Twelve' crossover. One crossover that is rarely mentioned at all.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. Why would Emma be interested in this? What potential power position does it entail?
    Laura being there is also weird. Maybe it is Apocalypse who has chosen them and they are not taking part voluntarily ?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This sounds like a fun mini, plus if Foxe is writing, I'm reading. But it really is a nice mix of characters and I'm sure Steve will write the hell out of everyone.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

This is a no from me at the moment, will be trying to stay away from any of these between-era one-shots and mini-series… Get us to the relaunch already!

"Some are characters I've already had the privilege to write, some are characters I've eyed enviously, and some won't survive the series... but only one will become the Heir of Apocalypse."
    I never heared about Armageddon Girl, and I see no New X-Men in the list, so I guess she's the one who's gonna bite the dust.
    Other possible deaths are Cypher, Exodus, Forge or Gorgon, I guess.

Anyway, that's the kind of really diverse list of mutants that I'd like to see more often having a big role in events.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

That's what I was thinking too. Why would Emma be interested in this? What potential power position does it entail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Laura being there is also weird. Maybe it is Apocalypse who has chosen them and they are not taking part voluntarily ?
    Emma is here because, despite Laura existing, she's the female Wolverine of the X-Men. She's in every event now. Might as well show up on her own, since they'll find a way to bring her in regardless.

Laura's in it because becoming a giant blue killer is better than becoming arm candy for a character Marvel wants to shill, an emotional duplicate of her dad, or the caretaker of her meme goblin of a sister. She has nowhere to go but up at this point.
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Ugly logo.

This sounds so random I LOVE IT

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Emma is here because, despite Laura existing, she's the female Wolverine of the X-Men. She's in every event now. Might as well show up on her own, since they'll find a way to bring her in regardless.

Laura's in it because becoming a giant blue killer is better than becoming arm candy for a character Marvel wants to shill, an emotional duplicate of her dad, or the caretaker of her meme goblin of a sister. She has nowhere to go but up at this point.
    Damn this was a READ!

Someone posited that perhaps this in someway is what New X-Men (with the AOA font logo) was going to be about but it morphed into this mini.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Well it can be interesting, but honestly i can stop to think it's potentially stupid.

Also it's not surprising, but it's spoil for me than the mutant who died during Fall of X will all come back in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Well if i was Apocalypse, i would choose Logan. He is more appropriated to take this place than Laura in personnality.
    Last edited by Dioman-san; 03-07-2024 at 03:57 PM.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Glad that Archangel is involved, at least. He's been there during the Dark Angel Saga, so, even though he's not one of the candidates, I'm still interested in this story. Steve Foxe can, hopefully, redeem himself for a minimal treatment to Warren during his Dark X-Men stint.

I just wonder where Ozymandias in all these times? He's like the Alfred of Apocalypse.
    Peerless and Fearless

This explains this variant cover now, which was posted in Upcoming X-books art thread awhile back. I'll just repost the whole thing here...

Agreed! The story in Rise of Xavier trying to reach her in the past has me seated at full attention so I'm hoping for a good dose of her.

Lee Garbett posted this on instagram.

"X-cover wip sneak peek"

One of the hashtags used is #variantcover. Interesting.
    Thought that was Bishop up top, but apparently it must be Forge.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

Don't get me eXcited.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This explains this variant cover now, which was posted in Upcoming X-books art thread awhile back. I'll just repost the whole thing here...

Thought that was Bishop up top, but apparently it must be Forge.
    Good catch.

The more I think about it the more intrigued I am. There are things (like the cast) that don't quite make sense but I'm interested to see how it comes about.