Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Am I the only one feeling this story sounds a lot like a third wheel?

Krakoa age was supposed to be over with FOTHOX/ROTPOX, but this story is still related.

Editorial plans for the Brevoort's era are not ready?

They promised a sneak peek last year and then postponed it.
    It's March and the only "confirmed" name so far is Gail Simone.
    All we know is that they offered the franchise to Jim Lee, but he refused the invitation.

Hasn't Brevoort a plan B?
    I've said it before, but yeah the transition is feeling messy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Only think I can think of is that this ties into Arakko post-Krakoa and the new Apocalypse will appear in other X-Books.
    I think this will be the case and I wouldn't be surprised if Arakko is used in the wider MU. In the article Foxe says he was able to bend the ear of "past and future stewards of these characters" so I believe some of what happens here will lead into the new era.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This just sounds like they're trying to maintain some level of sales while the readership are stuck in a bit of no-man's land between waiting for this era to end and the next to start. They can't not have books on the shelves.

It feels exactly like what those other FoX minis were during towards to end of 2023while we were waiting for the actual end-game. Something to keep us interested and buying while they set up their new era ducks in a row.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

… meh. Let’s hope they don’t do something similar with the Avengers. Where, let’s say the Phoenix initiates a contest between 12 heroes and villains for becoming the next host.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This just sounds like they're trying to maintain some level of sales while the readership are stuck in a bit of no-man's land between waiting for this era to end and the next to start. They can't not have books on the shelves.

It feels exactly like what those other FoX minis were during towards to end of 2023while we were waiting for the actual end-game. Something to keep us interested and buying while they set up their new era ducks in a row.
    Yep. It's a "treading water" mini. Still might be fun, especially if it leads to a new status quo for one of these characters for awhile. If it's someone like Armageddon Girl or Gorgon, however, it will be seriously dumb. Because no one cares. But if it's a bigger name character who becomes the Heir of Apocalypse, complete with a new look and altered power set... well, that could be kind of rad. So guess we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    … meh. Let’s hope they don’t do something similar with the Avengers. Where, let’s say the Phoenix initiates a contest between 12 heroes and villains for becoming the next host.
    Jason Aaron already did this in Avengers. It was crappy.

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yep. It's a "treading water" mini. Still might be fun, especially if it leads to a new status quo for one of these characters for awhile. If it's someone like Armageddon Girl or Gorgon, however, it will be seriously dumb. Because no one cares. But if it's a bigger name character who becomes the Heir of Apocalypse, complete with a new look and altered power set... well, that could be kind of rad. So guess we'll see...

Yup, I know

Ah. Ha. I failed the sarcasm test and did not pick up on it. My bad.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Agreed. X-Men 35/Uncanny 700 is the end of the Krakoan era then we have these transition titles before the hard launch of the new titles. Now I wonder when the new era will officially start.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It will probably start as scheduled. There is some overlap with this book but it doesn't really impact Krakoa's Ending nor what might be planned for the next Beginning. It could easily be time-stamped sometime after the end but before From the Ashes.

It could be interesting...in the same way Hellions was interesting...if done correctly. And it could have important ramifications in the new era for whoever wins the title of [A]-2 because they really need a few new X-baddies (which is why I don't see any of the heroes in the line-up taking it. So Maybe Gorgon or Exodus. Although it could be a great new direction for Archangel...if he does show up out of the blue...since nobody seems to know what to do with him, ever)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-08-2024 at 10:48 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I'd have liked the idea more if it was all the Horsemen and Children of Apocalypse. All the Wars, all the Deaths, all the Famines and Pestilences...
    And the Clan Akkaba, and the other descendants like Blink and Chamber...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

*sigh*

Marvel should make Bonita be the sole Phoenix Force host, and lock that for 20 years.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Agreed. X-Men 35/Uncanny 700 is the end of the Krakoan era then we have these transition titles before the hard launch of the new titles. Now I wonder when the new era will officially start.
    My guess would be LATE August, first week of September.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Am I the only one feeling this story sounds a lot like a third wheel?

Krakoa age was supposed to be over with FOTHOX/ROTPOX, but this story is still related.

Editorial plans for the Brevoort's era are not ready?

They promised a sneak peek last year and then postponed it.
    It's March and the only "confirmed" name so far is Gail Simone.
    All we know is that they offered the franchise to Jim Lee, but he refused the invitation.

Hasn't Brevoort a plan B?
    I can't decide if this seems like (a) a "oops, we should close this plothole before the relaunch" spackle book, (b) we need something tied to Krakoa but not TOO important because there's some scheduling difficulties with the relaunch or (c) a set-up for something important they want to establish for the relaunch (the best example of this might be the Jed McKay DD book to move Matt from the end of Soule's run to the place he needed to be in for Zdarsky's run). I'm hoping (c) and they're really planning on something wacky with "Cable as Apocalypse" (or Rictor as Apocalypse, etc) in the new era. My guess is that it's (b), though.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I can't decide if this seems like (a) a "oops, we should close this plothole before the relaunch" spackle book, (b) we need something tied to Krakoa but not TOO important because there's some scheduling difficulties with the relaunch or (c) a set-up for something important they want to establish for the relaunch (the best example of this might be the Jed McKay DD book to move Matt from the end of Soule's run to the place he needed to be in for Zdarsky's run). I'm hoping (c) and they're really planning on something wacky with "Cable as Apocalypse" (or Rictor as Apocalypse, etc) in the new era. My guess is that it's (b), though.
    Cable as Apocalypse with an interesting twist is kinda where my mind keeps going. Those two have been connected for so long and it'd be interesting if, in some odd way, Cable realizes "defeating" A is to become him. Or something like that.

Honestly folks I think this is setting up future storylines in the future. Foreshadowing if you will.
    I kinda like that Apaccy is looking for someone to take over the mantle. Maybe a deathseed will be put into one of our favorite mutants.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine