Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Yeah, it’s a low bar for this to be better than that and The Twelve both.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

What even is apocalypse’s “job”? Randomly attacking it people to “make them strong?” Doesthe death seed stuff still apply when the new back story is that he was “making people strong” to go save his family?

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    What even is apocalypse’s “job”? Randomly attacking it people to “make them strong?” Doesthe death seed stuff still apply when the new back story is that he was “making people strong” to go save his family?
    Apocalypse is the Caretaker of life on earth and supposed to guide human evolution to eventually create beings capable to destroying the Horde and saving the Celestials from extinction, which the Avengers succeeded in doing thus rendering the position obsolete.
    Last edited by norj; 03-24-2024 at 07:57 PM.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Apocalypse is the Caretaker of life on earth and supposed to guide human evolution to eventually create beings capable to destroying the Horde and saving the Celestials from extinction, which the Avengers succeeded in doing thus rendering the position obsolete.
    Figures. It's so Avengers to steal a job from a hard-working Mutant. They could've at least offered him a position with their organization as compensation.

What a cushy job. Maybe that’s why they are fighting for it.

Astonishing Member

It just hit me. This is the sequel to xmen green....

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

These 12 are way more logical, considered their past than the current ones: Chamber (1) and Blink (2) (descendants of Apocalypse)

Holocaust, aka Genocide (3), current Horsemen Death (4), War (5) and Famine (6) (as Pestilence is dead), as they are all children of Apocalypse.

Cable (7), Exodus (8) and Archangel (9), due to their strong ties in their pasts with Apocalypse.

Genesis (Evan) (10), as he is his clone.

Ozymandias (11) as he was his slave and servant for years and finally Rictor, (12) because he became his 'student', if that is a correct term.

I think if these twelve were the candidates to be the heir of Apocalypse, then it would have probably way more interesting, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    These 12 are way more logical, considered their past than the current ones: Chamber (1) and Blink (2) (descendants of Apocalypse)

Holocaust, aka Genocide (3), current Horsemen Death (4), War (5) and Famine (6) (as Pestilence is dead), as they are all children of Apocalypse.

Cable (7), Exodus (8) and Archangel (9), due to their strong ties in their pasts with Apocalypse.

Ozymandias (11) as he was his slave and servant for years and finally Rictor, (12) because he became his 'student', if that is a correct term.

I think if these twelve were the candidates to be the heir of Apocalypse, then it would have probably way more interesting, right?
    Agreed, but I would have liked to see more women in consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It just hit me. This is the sequel to xmen green....
    I'm still surprised to see Armageddon Girl there.

Sidenote, I think it's cute how we often hear that people don't want nostalgia but then we hear that an Apocalypse story should only feature characters he has past connections with lol. I like that a lot of this cast is unexpected with little to no history with him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Where was this part this established? I know the former is from Remender's UXF.

I liked Mirage including because she was a hinted at member of the original 12 storyline. Betsy would have been a good inclusion for that same reason and her recent relationship with Apocalypse in Excalibur. I enjoy most of this cast and that they get some needed spotlight. I hope this somehow informs X-Force relaunch and Apocalypse at the helm or in conflict with that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed, but I would have liked to see more women in consideration.
    Lorna as Pestilence is a good choice I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Where was this part this established? I know the former is from Remender's UXF.
    Jason Aaron's Avengers run.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Not really. War, Death and Famine don't actually make a ton of sense as none of the three have expressed any interest in Earth whatsoever, so why would they want to take up his role there? Evan makes no sense because his entire thing is he doesn't WANT to be anything like Apocalypse. Ozymandias makes no sense because the entire reason Apocalypse treated him like a servant instead of a right hand was because he didn't truly value him so making him his heir would come out of left field and not in any way build on their pre-existing dynamic. Chamber and Blink don't actually even make that much sense because while they're technically members of Clan Akkaba by birth, neither have ever demonstrated any interest in being part of it, particularly Chamber who was focused on as a descendant, and Apocalypse since his return has shown no real interest in Clan Akkaba and doesn't seem to consider them a worthwhile investment of his time and focus so why would he pivot to suddenly out of the blue refocusing on descendants he's seemingly written off for years?

I'm all for mining pre-established history but that alone isn't enough to build a story or create a cast....this basically presupposes that just because Apocalypse has history with someone, they're a viable candidate for this - moreso than some of the options picked, but that doesn't actually hold up IMO. All of the mutants involved in this are powerful and potentially influential power players....more than enough reason for Apocalypse to be interested in them, even if he's never directly expressed that interest before.

I think a majority of the mutants Apoc picked to be his heir make sense for the most part, characters like Emma, Dani, Exodus have a strong determination of advancing mutantkind to some extent and have been shown to be capable leaders.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer