Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Cable as Apocalypse with an interesting twist is kinda where my mind keeps going. Those two have been connected for so long and it'd be interesting if, in some odd way, Cable realizes "defeating" A is to become him. Or something like that.
    Ha. Great minds think alike.

I don't see anyone on that list whose new status quo as Heir of Apocalypse would be a big enough deal to warrant this mini. So if it is setting something up for the new era, that's my bet. And I'm here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Honestly folks I think this is setting up future storylines in the future. Foreshadowing if you will.
    I kinda like that Apaccy is looking for someone to take over the mantle. Maybe a deathseed will be put into one of our favorite mutants.
    Yep. Precisely what I'm thinking here. A dark status quo shift for Cable as we enter the new era, setting him up for a new solo book or, better yet, putting him back on X-Force.

I'll probably end up disappointed, but it makes sense to me.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member

I see people thinking Armageddon Girl is most likely to die or would be a troll choice, but let's look at some facts. Her name is Armageddon Girl. The connection is obvious. While I did not read Green, and have heard a lot of negative opinions on it, Marvel published it someone there probably wants it to actually lead to something. She will be the heir.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. Great minds think alike.

Yep. Precisely what I'm thinking here. A dark status quo shift for Cable as we enter the new era, setting him up for a new solo book or, better yet, putting him back on X-Force.

I'll probably end up disappointed, but it makes sense to me.
    I think that what those Cable mini series has been indicating setting up future stories.

I don't know if you remember being that you are a old dog like me. But there was a time where they were having promos in various books (Not just the X-men).
    But it was self made statements from different characters, about themselves. Thus it would say putting the character back into the marvel universe or something like that.

Anyway I say that because, I think that what Breevport vision is. He's trying to bring the X-men more into a nostalgic setting and driving away from the Krakoa Era. More or less make the X-men Heroes again. Instead of being a isolated faction.
    I could be wrong, it is just certain things, I been noticing here and there.
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; 03-08-2024 at 12:56 PM.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Spectacular Member

I'm intrigued by the premise, writer, and cast -- so this is a must-get for me. Just hope we're done with Nature Girl and especially Sinister after this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Cable as Apocalypse with an interesting twist is kinda where my mind keeps going. Those two have been connected for so long and it'd be interesting if, in some odd way, Cable realizes "defeating" A is to become him. Or something like that.
    Yeah, that's definitely the one that would get me to immediately read the next story. Some of the other options seem interesting, but that's the most enticing option - Apocalypse finally possessing the body he always wanted.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I think that what those Cable mini series has been indicating setting up future stories.
    Hmm… I’m not so sure the Cable minis have been setting up future stories for Cable so much as just figuring out something to do with him, as he’s not been involved in the core stories over in Fall of X or Fall of the House of X/Rise of the Powers of X. So maybe this status quo shift is just what he needs to reinvigorate the character?

If it’s not Cable — and I could be way off since there’s a 1-in-12 chance that it is — then I fear he’s going to just continue to be kind of directionless, and will drift in and out of the books. More like a guest-star in terms of status really. Or maybe he’ll be back on X-Force or something like that, if we’re really going that nostalgic in this new era. Guess we’ll find out on that front soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Yeah, that's definitely the one that would get me to immediately read the next story. Some of the other options seem interesting, but that's the most enticing option - Apocalypse finally possessing the body he always wanted.
    Agreed. There’s no one else that IMO would warrant a solo book if they got the mantle. Perhaps if it’s a villain it sets them up to be a more powerful big bad in the new era, though.

And my mind just keeps going back to that New X-men tease that was supposed to be shown in November or December, with the Age of Apocalypse font… maybe those things are connected somehow?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Know what would be nice if apocalypse brough nature girl here just to cure her, and replace her spot in the story with Bill thr lobster

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Bill the lobster
    The next big bad of the MCU X-Men for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    *sigh*

Marvel should make Bonita be the sole Phoenix Force host, and lock that for 20 years.
    Let’s do this!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Amazing Member

Why does Apocalypse need an heir? On Earth, he was hell-bent on killing humans and advancing his own power at the expense of other mutants. The legacy of most of the mutants in this roster far exceed any good that Apocalypse has done.

Quote Originally Posted by vbeacon View Post
    Why does Apocalypse need an heir? On Earth, he was hell-bent on killing humans and advancing his own power at the expense of other mutants. The legacy of most of the mutants in this roster far exceed any good that Apocalypse has done.
    Apocalypse was given the job of advancing evolution on earth by the Celestials and he wasn't the first to have that it.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Don't really care about this. Judging from the promotional material it feels like one of those boring crossovers where heroes are supposed to fight each other without a clear motivation just for the sake of tension and violence (like this more recent awful Avengers' Phoenix Force storyline).

Who wants to be the heir of Apocalypse in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So Cable is in the mix for this but not Archangel? Interesting. And Laura but not Logan, who is a former horseman.

Hmm… I’m intrigued. Will check it out.

Who is Armageddon Girl?
    Apocalypse doesn’t want smoke with Logan, dude beat him with one hand in his own dystopian future and became Weapon Omega lol.

On a serious note I’m excited for this, Apocalypse has been so fun to read in this era and Foxe has been consistently good also.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

taking a shot in the dark, but I am assuming whoever wins will or should also get their own 4 horsemen? This will probably lead to the heir of Apocalypse and their horsemen getting a team book...probably (not likely )
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    taking a shot in the dark, but I am assuming whoever wins will or should also get their own 4 horsemen? This will probably lead to the heir of Apocalypse and their horsemen getting a team book...probably (not likely )
    Very interesting. Makes me wonder again if the premise of this book is at all related to what New X-Men was supposed to be.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!