Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

More Sinister uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The artist formerly known as Nature Girl. I question why she’s here but then I see that Foxe is writing this and I’m pretty sure he’s the one who wrote a good chunk of the dumpster fire that was X-Men Green.
    Actually the one who wrote X-men Green was Steve Orlando. Just checked it on the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Warren is on one of the covers why is everyone saying hes not in it?
    He is not part of the 12 combating to be "heir".
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The artist formerly known as Nature Girl. I question why she’s here but then I see that Foxe is writing this and I’m pretty sure he’s the one who wrote a good chunk of the dumpster fire that was X-Men Green.
    I believe that was Steve Orlando who wrote Green along with Duggan. So under a new writer she might actually get some better treatment.

Overall thoughts:
    1. Announcing a mini-event before announcing the flagship/ general direction of the line is a *choice*. This reads to me as an in-between story in the same vein as the Blood Hunt tie-ins which means its impact on the line will vary.
    2. Yay Steve Foxe!!! Hasn’t missed for me so far. Glad he got to fit in a lot of X-work in a short amount of time.
    3. “Throne” on Arakko?!? Have we learned nothing.
    4. Someone won’t survive… jeez they’re going back to that well immediately after ditching the protocols huh?
    5. They have got to let Sinister rest. DC even lets the Joker take breaks after his major story arcs.

Duggan and Orlando wrote parts of X-Men Green.

It's funny that some are saying some of the characters don't make sense when we don't know exactly what the premise is and what the heir means. LOL! We'll find out why they were chosen.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah this sounds pretty great. It's an interesting group of characters, Arakko confirmed here to stay (as Apocalypse takes his "throne"), and I bet this is Warren's chance to finally have a face off with Apocalypse. I'm all in!
    This is my main, joyful! takeaway. Steve Foxe writing o-[A]-o, Dani, and Rictor piques my interest but then I read Mr.FawkinbloodyhellSinister in that line up...fekk No!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm buying this for the cast but Foxe hasn't disappointed yet. I'm interested in the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is my main, joyful! takeaway. Steve Foxe writing o-[A]-o, Dani, and Rictor piques my interest but then I read Mr.FawkinbloodyhellSinister in that line up...fekk No!!!
    Maybe Sinister will finally die in this? Ugh probably not.

"I've been lucky to bend the ear of past and future stewards of these characters to make sure these four issues are a meaningful entry in the Apocalypse canon..."

I feel like this is implying the "winner"/the heir may have a very deliberate and big role in the new era.

My guess is that some characters will try to prevent this or at least prevent other characters from winning. From this list Nature Girl(or the joke character who supplanted her) and Exodus might actually want it. Bennet with his complicated history with Apocalypse might of course just want to crush him.

Rictor was more less groomed by him in Excalibur, but he’s a hero and I doubt he will be sacrificed on this particular altar. Gorgon I am not up to date with if he is still brain damaged.

Sinister… sigh… again.

Doug the villain… believe it when I see it.

Apocalypse really wasting all these mutants' time for laughs, because he's already chosen Hellion as his successor.
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

HMMMMMM I got three

Mirage
    Penance
    But I am gonna go with Forge which I think he will change his name to Genesis going forward.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maybe Sinister will finally die in this? Ugh probably not.

"I've been lucky to bend the ear of past and future stewards of these characters to make sure these four issues are a meaningful entry in the Apocalypse canon..."

I feel like this is implying the "winner"/the heir may have a very deliberate and big role in the new era.
    Emma being in this is intriguing. She's always been more of a leader rather than a follower with full autonomy over the direction of her life choices so her wanting to be an "heir" of someone else seems...odd.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Warren wouldnt want to be heir. Especially after everything that happened in Uncanny X-Force and Messiah War.
    Last edited by CGAR; 03-07-2024 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Emma being in this is intriguing. She's always been more of a leader rather than a follower with full autonomy over the direction of her life choices so her wanting to be an "heir" of someone else seems...odd.
    That's what I was thinking too. Why would Emma be interested in this? What potential power position does it entail?

I could see Cable wanting it only because his messiah complex makes him think he’s the best to wield this power / hold this role versus entrusting it to someone else. Despite he and Apocalypse being arch enemies for a very long time.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”