Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I know this is the most minor thing of all time, but what is up with that title font? It's pretty cartoon-y looking for a story about Apocalypse. That said, I'm definitely interested in this. It sounds like it might be the last we get of Big A for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Emma is here because, despite Laura existing, she's the female Wolverine of the X-Men. She's in every event now. Might as well show up on her own, since they'll find a way to bring her in regardless.

Laura's in it because becoming a giant blue killer is better than becoming arm candy for a character Marvel wants to shill, an emotional duplicate of her dad, or the caretaker of her meme goblin of a sister. She has nowhere to go but up at this point.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This explains this variant cover now, which was posted in Upcoming X-books art thread awhile back. I'll just repost the whole thing here...

Thought that was Bishop up top, but apparently it must be Forge.
    Nice catch indeed!

With Arakko confirmed to be sticking around I wonder if any characters are going to decide to move up there permanently, after the dust from the current war on earth settles.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Another thought...With o--[A]--o being the "King" of Arakko May we presume Storm and Maggie have given up their Great Council seats? And if she's supposedly meeting with Dignitaries and Politicians then she might be "President" of Krakoa on Earth? I was really trying to stop myself from the unfounded speculations...alas!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Warren wouldnt want to be heir. Especially after everything that happened in Uncanny X-Force and Messiah War.
    Why would anyone in their right mind want to be heir to Apocalypse? If it wasn't Foxe writing this, I'd be pretty worried right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Warren on a cover but not part of an Apocalypse tournament? *sigh*
    At least Foxe continues to get X-Men work, and I hope he gets more during the coming era.
    I wonder if Warren really is in this? Not to be a downer, but Dani calling up an illusion of Warren to haunt Apocalypse isn't outside the realm of possibility. I don't want to get my hopes up.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Spectacular Member

Don't know why Marvel leave this story till much late for Foxe's next project. X-club vs Externals is already great and this one with the return of Nature Girl(Hopefully to close out her heel turn arc and return to aiding the X-men). This supposed to be about the new Twelve in late Krakoa era, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Another thought...With o--[A]--o being the "King" of Arakko May we presume Storm and Maggie have given up their Great Council seats? And if she's supposedly meeting with Dignitaries and Politicians then she might be "President" of Krakoa on Earth? I was really trying to stop myself from the unfounded speculations...alas!
    So many interesting questions. Where will Storm and Magneto be? Will they continue to work together? Will there still be a Great Ring with Big A on a throne? What of Genesis, will she return to rule by his side? And what exactly does the "heir" mean this time around? Someone in charge of ensuring mutantkind are still "strong and fit" or has that ship sailed? Many questions and I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    Don't know why Marvel leave this story till much late for Foxe's next project. X-club vs Externals is already great and this one with the return of Nature Girl(Hopefully to close out her heel turn arc and return to aiding the X-men). This supposed to be about the new Twelve in late Krakoa era, correct?
    This feels like it may be in that "no man's land" period that Brevoort used to describe the Blood Hunt one-shots. Not Krakoa but not the new era.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This explains this variant cover now, which was posted in Upcoming X-books art thread awhile back. I'll just repost the whole thing here...

Thought that was Bishop up top, but apparently it must be Forge.
    Oh, yeahs ! Thanks for reminding us !
    To think we thought it was Warren's wings up there...

The most important question... Is that Penance Penance or Monet Penance? We need Penance Penance back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Well, to be fair he kind of already had a go at it and it didn't end well for him.
    Archangel did great and horrific things while ascended. The Life Seed lobotomy was unfortunate.
    Warren is on one of the covers why is everyone saying hes not in it?
    If anyone should be a major player in the main cast of a book like this, it's Warren. Only showing up on a cover and not being mentioned at all in the related article is an egregious oversight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    It's a shame Archangel is not part of these 12.
    This amount, reminder me of 'The Twelve' crossover. One crossover that is rarely mentioned at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    Glad that Archangel is involved, at least. He's been there during the Dark Angel Saga, so, even though he's not one of the candidates, I'm still interested in this story. Steve Foxe can, hopefully, redeem himself for a minimal treatment to Warren during his Dark X-Men stint.
    Warren wouldnt want to be heir. Especially after everything that happened in Uncanny X-Force and Messiah War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Why would anyone in their right mind want to be heir to Apocalypse? If it wasn't Foxe writing this, I'd be pretty worried right now.
    I wonder if Warren really is in this? Not to be a downer, but Dani calling up an illusion of Warren to haunt Apocalypse isn't outside the realm of possibility. I don't want to get my hopes up.
    It's the same scenario for me as Magik and Limbo. I don't trust anyone to keep Limbo under control but Illyana, and I don't think anyone's more qualified to handle the Apocalypse mantle than Warren. He was a very good heir in the Dark Angel Saga before Psylocke sucker stabbed him, and I'm hoping that experience would let him better control becoming the BBEG this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I would have bought this for Warren alone. Apocalypse is a bore. "Hero" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Archangel did great and horrific things while ascended. The Life Seed lobotomy was unfortunate.

If anyone should be a major player in the main cast of a book like this, it's Warren. Only showing up on a cover and not being mentioned at all in the related article is an egregious oversight.

It's the same scenario for me as Magik and Limbo. I don't trust anyone to keep Limbo under control but Illyana, and I don't think anyone's more qualified to handle the Apocalypse mantle than Warren. He was a very good heir in the Dark Angel Saga before Psylocke sucker stabbed him, and I'm hoping that experience would let him better control becoming the BBEG this time around.
    THIS.
    If it weren't for X-Force's who got lucky to find another life seed (and get the help of some AoA!mutants), Warren would've have succeeded. In few days he managed to do more than Apocalypse managed in centuries. And showed to be a benevolent leader, not wanting sycophants but people to threat as equals.
    Not to say he didn't do horrible things, mind me, but he did show he was capable of the job. You would think Apocalypse, if he was updated on what happened while he was dead and his clone Evan was running around, would be quite proud and would pat himself on the shoulder for picking the right horseman as heir.
    (still wondering how, in canon, it could be explained that it was his first Horseman of the modern era to be the heir, when at least other two Deaths - Wolvi and Gambit - has come after Warren, so it would make sense that the latest Death would be the first in line to ascend)
    Also... I NEED Warren and Poccy together - Warren forced to work alongside Poccy, to keep an eye on him, begrudgingly being Apocalypse's right hand because he doesn't trust anyone else to keep an eye on Poccy. Marvel dammit give me this!. Other than Cable, Warren is the character who should be most obsessed with everything Poccy, and should be portrayed as obsessed with Poccy as Cable was in the 90s. When an Apocalypse walks, a Warren shouldn't be far.

And, sadly, I don't trust that cover.
    I do hope Warren has a role in this story, and more than a cameo hopefully, but I'm not feeling positive, when the synopsis don't even mention him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    An Apocalypse story called Heir of Apocalypse and they continue to keep poor Evan dead. Just another thing to hate about Age of X-Man for pointlessly killing him off.
    Evan was never a Heir of Apocalypse, though, as he was a Poccy's clone.
    The true heir we all know who is.
    And is portrayed on a cover but not mentioned between the 12 mutants involved.
    I can only hope said Heir is not considered because he doesn't want to have anything to do with Poccy and his (new) sacred mission. Also because he's genetically still related to the (old) sacred mission (cull the weak/fix Earth).
    (I agree with the sentiment, though - Evan was a promising character, especially on light of the closeness he initially built with Warren - sadly that was dropped)

Said this. Despite Warren's fate, I liked Dark X-Men (Warren's treatment included), so paint me intrigued by this title.
    I'll just wait for this holding out 0% hope of having Warren in it.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Ultimate Member

I think that Foxe hates Warren for some reason and wants nothing to do with him...

So does becoming the heir give you a power boost or command of the Horsemen or is it just really a job title...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So does becoming the heir give you a power boost or command of the Horsemen or is it just really a job title...?
    You become responsible for the four First Horsemen and pay alimony to Genesis. That's why Warren called himself out: he already has two mass-murderer children and doesn't want to pay for Genesis high-maintanance habits of wrecking planets when she's in a bad mood.
    (sorry, couldn't help it XD)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I bet you Foxe is going to bring Warren back. There is no way Breevort era is not gonna have the original 5 back in play somehow especially if they are gonna go "back to basics."

I bet you Foxe is going to bring Warren back. There is no way Breevort era is not gonna have the original 5 back in play somehow especially if they are gonna go "back to basics."
    I don't remember the timing, if this mini is released before or after Giant-Size, so who's gonna bring back (=to life) Warren first.
    Still, it would be interesting, especially after the text he put related to Warren's soul in Dark X-Men #5.

I think Warren will pop up, I refuse to believe the cover to be completely a rouse. What I fear is how and in what capacity Warren pops up. Krakoa-era has left me very diffident, when Warren is involved. (and this coming from someone who not only had much hope in X-Corp but even liked it!)