Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The sexual tension between Spider-Man and Jackpot is the most interest I have seen people have in Jackpot since this started.
    It's better than any scene she's shared with Paul. In fact it works better if you pretend Paul doesn't exist .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that wasn't awkward at all!

I kind of want it to be a running gag that Peter absolutely cannot call MJ "Jackpot."

Still questioning whether MJ is cut out for fighting crime in tights if the highlight of it is stepping in to stop an "argument." Like, unless it involved villains or people with powers, she could have done it as Mary Jane Watson.

Did...did they really have to change in front of each other? In a forest outside Ravencroft? Like, there were no better place to do that? Where were they even keeping their normal clothes? MJ can't Jackpot herself into a normal outfit?

I know they've seen each other naked tons of times but even as exes I feel like it would be weird changing clothes in front of each other, especially when MJ is with someone. How would Paul react to knowing MJ changed clothes next to her ex?

Also I learned Jackpot's boots are separate from the bodysuit! I think that tracks with how it was depicted in the one-shot.

Aunt Anna being pals with Supervillains just highlights how ridiculous this all is.

Is that supposed to be Whirlwind or Will O Wisp?

The only good thing about this preview is Carmen Carnero.
    At least Carmen Carnero still does amazing art. That said, Aunt Anna befriending supervillains just means she's following in Aunt May's footsteps, given May's relationship with Doctor Octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTorgo View Post
    That might be the funniest thing in AMAZING in years, knowing that Paul listens in when she's in her Jackpot costume. Imagining him fuming with his little earpiece and manbun is my only enjoyment in this run so far.
    Or maybe he's into NTR .
    Considering all the terrible jokes at Peter's and MJ's expenses about that sort of thing, this feels more than a bit karmic when you put it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The sexual tension between Spider-Man and Jackpot is the most interest I have seen people have in Jackpot since this started.
    For obvious reasons.

It's better than any scene she's shared with Paul. In fact it works better if you pretend Paul doesn't exist .
    "And who's gonna stop me? Michael McDoesntExist?"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least Carmen Carnero still does amazing art. That said, Aunt Anna befriending supervillains just means she's following in Aunt May's footsteps, given May's relationship with Doctor Octopus.
    Still feels really surreal. Also would probably help if the art wasn't depicting a different kind of Supervillain than Whirlwind.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There already is a mutant planet. Arrako, formerly known as Mars. Still in place for now, though I wouldn't be surprised if the terraforming that made Mars/Arrako inhabitable gets undone somehow and the mutants there have to return to Earth, anyway. As for "No More Mutants," that happened to come a year or so after Grant Morrison's New X-Men was cut short because some of their more radical reinventions and reexaminations of the X-Men's mythos didn't necessarily sit well with editorial or parts of the fanbase. If the same thing, or something similar enough, happens following the end of The Krakoan Age . . .
    Oh yeah thought I read Mars/Arrako somewhere before and forgot about it.

Well, that wasn't awkward at all!

Still questioning whether MJ is cut out for fighting crime in tights if the highlight of it is stepping in to stop an "argument." Like, unless it involved villains or people with powers, she could have done it as Mary Jane Watson.

Did...did they really have to change in front of each other? In a forest outside Ravencroft? Like, there were no better place to do that? Where were they even keeping their normal clothes? MJ can't Jackpot herself into a normal outfit?

I know they've seen each other naked tons of times but even as exes I feel like it would be weird changing clothes in front of each other, especially when MJ is with someone. How would Paul react to knowing MJ changed clothes next to her ex?

Aunt Anna being pals with Supervillains just highlights how ridiculous this all is.

The only good thing about this preview is Carmen Carnero.
    Yeah I thought that was also weird too, I mean did she waited for him or she also came at the same time, could they not see each other in the air, because next page we see Peter has his backpack, where was it and what about MJ's bag.

Someone mention that this issue would be a fake out, would not be surprise. So far all of Wells' stories was hype up and all was a let down, I do not expect anything to happen and I was interested on what going to happen to Anne, but she got well off panel. Seriously what is going on with editorial, why are these stories is not consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    Yeah I thought that was also weird too, I mean did she waited for him or she also came at the same time, could they not see each other in the air, because next page we see Peter has his backpack, where was it and what about MJ's bag.
    Now that you mention it it seems like they strip down to their underwear and then...walk to wherever they stashed their civilian clothes .

I honestly would've just expected them to wear their clothes over their Superhero costumes but...

Fantastic Member

So, like, just me or anyone else notice Anna was a little bit of a ***** to Peter there?

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    So, like, just me or anyone else notice Anna was a little bit of a ***** to Peter there?
    Like when they had MJ compare the still-not-seen guilt of a man who helped genocide a planet with Peter's guilt for letting one crook go? Maybe it runs in the Watson family in Wells' mind?
    Spider-Man works in mysterious ways, Shelly. And wherever he is, he loves you.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    She is in a mental hospital and got to know these people. They may be bad m guys but they do want to get better. Also thiis is a cliche thing she can say

Ravencroft is up and running unfortunately
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Ravencroft is up and running unfortunately
    Not for long probably as the Human Fly is shown to be in Ravencroft here and if I remember correctly is also on the gambling ship in the upcoming Jackpot mini. I would guess that if there is some sort of breakout though it will not extend beyond this issue as we know the next arc relates to Chasm and any additional time spent on Ravencroft will take away issues for that. Assuming there is an actual breakout and it isn't just that Ravencroft lets villains out for some late night gambling (or just a mistake).

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetap View Post
    Not for long probably as the Human Fly is shown to be in Ravencroft here and if I remember correctly is also on the gambling ship in the upcoming Jackpot mini. I would guess that if there is some sort of breakout though it will not extend beyond this issue as we know the next arc relates to Chasm and any additional time spent on Ravencroft will take away issues for that. Assuming there is an actual breakout and it isn't just that Ravencroft lets villains out for some late night gambling (or just a mistake).
    Maybe it will tie back to the Queen Goblin plot.

Astonishing Member

This preview was almost unreadable.
    And why does Wells keep using that hacky “call me _____ while I’m working” line. First Chasm said it, now Jackpot.

I’m reeeeaaal close to declaring this run worse than the Byrne/Mackie era. It’s definitely up there (or rather down there).
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This preview was almost unreadable.
    And why does Wells keep using that hacky “call me _____ while I’m working” line. First Chasm said it, now Jackpot.

I’m reeeeaaal close to declaring this run worse than the Byrne/Mackie era. It’s definitely up there (or rather down there).
    this nitpicking is crazy
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

this nitpicking is crazy
    Simon Furman had a whole thing of reusing similar phrases in his comics! They were called Furman-isms!

this nitpicking is crazy
    Eh, once someone dislikes something, they're going to criticize every little thing that they finally even a tiny bit dumb or annoying, where they would have ignored it or handwaved it if they liked the run. We all do it, I guess.