Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #45 Preview

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Oh look more lazy recaps that tell us the status of characters’ relationships with zero development in the actual pages of the story.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Mighty Member

Bait and switch, just like issue 36. Turned out to be about Rek Rap instead of Spidey's image being damaged by the sins

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Bait and switch, just like issue 36. Turned out to be about Rek Rap instead of Spidey's image being damaged by the sins
    Our hero just blamed Venom for that. Yay!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Oh look more lazy recaps that tell us the status of characters’ relationships with zero development in the actual pages of the story.
    I expected job loss and/or apartment being destroyed by gang fights

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I expected job loss and/or apartment being destroyed by gang fights
    It could be since Norman expects Peter to work and not let his other job get in the way

Mighty Member

I am surprised that Paul isn't here

Fantastic Member

How many times is Wells gonna use the "When I'm working " line.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Our hero just blamed Venom for that. Yay!
    As somebody who was a big-time reviewer and critic of these things on YouTube was fond of saying, "Our hero, ladies and gentlemen."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

When I made the conscience decision to stop buying current ASM, I became a lot happier, sure I would not able to read my favorite character, but what is going on made me sad and angry, and I did not want to be in that state. But unfortunately my curiosity got the better of me and I had to find out, which made me regret it, ignorance is a bliss.

So, at first I was confused why is he meeting up with MJ, did she not made the point for him to stay away from her, she would not even have a cup of coffee with him. But I remember the MJ back up, written by a different writer, on how they going to deal with Anna's condition, also this happen after the wiping the kids from existence. It feels there so many plot points, but they need to cut some of it out for the important ones, and expect readers to fill it in, in my opinion that is bad story telling.

I also have not been following any X-men, because I knew they were going to end Krakoan Age in order to create drama, mark my words, next it is going to a mutant planet, then some catastrophic event that destroy that planet forcing the mutants to come back to Earth. This lazy writing trying to recapture the "No more mutant" or what ever event that did it first.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    When I made the conscience decision to stop buying current ASM, I became a lot happier, sure I would not able to read my favorite character, but what is going on made me sad and angry, and I did not want to be in that state. But unfortunately my curiosity got the better of me and I had to find out, which made me regret it, ignorance is a bliss.

So, at first I was confused why is he meeting up with MJ, did she not made the point for him to stay away from her, she would not even have a cup of coffee with him. But I remember the MJ back up, written by a different writer, on how they going to deal with Anna's condition, also this happen after the wiping the kids from existence. It feels there so many plot points, but they need to cut some of it out for the important ones, and expect readers to fill it in, in my opinion that is bad story telling.

I also have not been following any X-men, because I knew they were going to end Krakoan Age in order to create drama, mark my words, next it is going to a mutant planet, then some catastrophic event that destroy that planet forcing the mutants to come back to Earth. This lazy writing trying to recapture the "No more mutant" or what ever event that did it first.
    There already is a mutant planet. Arrako, formerly known as Mars. Still in place for now, though I wouldn't be surprised if the terraforming that made Mars/Arrako inhabitable gets undone somehow and the mutants there have to return to Earth, anyway. As for "No More Mutants," that happened to come a year or so after Grant Morrison's New X-Men was cut short because some of their more radical reinventions and reexaminations of the X-Men's mythos didn't necessarily sit well with editorial or parts of the fanbase. If the same thing, or something similar enough, happens following the end of The Krakoan Age . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well, that wasn't awkward at all!

I kind of want it to be a running gag that Peter absolutely cannot call MJ "Jackpot."

Still questioning whether MJ is cut out for fighting crime in tights if the highlight of it is stepping in to stop an "argument." Like, unless it involved villains or people with powers, she could have done it as Mary Jane Watson.

Did...did they really have to change in front of each other? In a forest outside Ravencroft? Like, there were no better place to do that? Where were they even keeping their normal clothes? MJ can't Jackpot herself into a normal outfit?

I know they've seen each other naked tons of times but even as exes I feel like it would be weird changing clothes in front of each other, especially when MJ is with someone. How would Paul react to knowing MJ changed clothes next to her ex?

Also I learned Jackpot's boots are separate from the bodysuit! I think that tracks with how it was depicted in the one-shot.

Aunt Anna being pals with Supervillains just highlights how ridiculous this all is.

Is that supposed to be Whirlwind or Will O Wisp?

The only good thing about this preview is Carmen Carnero.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that wasn't awkward at all!

I kind of want it to be a running gag that Peter absolutely cannot call MJ "Jackpot."

Still questioning whether MJ is cut out for fighting crime in tights if the highlight of it is stepping in to stop an "argument." Like, unless it involved villains or people with powers, she could have done it as Mary Jane Watson.

Did...did they really have to change in front of each other? In a forest outside Ravencroft? Like, there were no better place to do that? Where were they even keeping their normal clothes? MJ can't Jackpot herself into a normal outfit?

I know they've seen each other naked tons of times but even as exes I feel like it would be weird changing clothes in front of each other, especially when MJ is with someone. How would Paul react to knowing MJ changed clothes next to her ex?

Also I learned Jackpot's boots are separate from the bodysuit! I think that tracks with how it was depicted in the one-shot.

Aunt Anna being pals with Supervillains just highlights how ridiculous this all is.

Is that supposed to be Whirlwind or Will O Wisp?

The only good thing about this preview is Carmen Carnero.
    That might be the funniest thing in AMAZING in years, knowing that Paul listens in when she's in her Jackpot costume. Imagining him fuming with his little earpiece and manbun is my only enjoyment in this run so far.
    Spider-Man works in mysterious ways, Shelly. And wherever he is, he loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTorgo View Post
    That might be the funniest thing in AMAZING in years, knowing that Paul listens in when she's in her Jackpot costume. Imagining him fuming with his little earpiece and manbun is my only enjoyment in this run so far.
    Or maybe he's into NTR .

The sexual tension between Spider-Man and Jackpot is the most interest I have seen people have in Jackpot since this started.