Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    So who is the love interest Lowe promised? The nurse perhaps?
    I guess we're not seeing Tombstone's lawyer again?

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

It was set up issue, you usually cannot do wrong by setting up your storylines. It was also explained away issue as well, clear away most plot threads that are still dangling, off panel, because they mentioned that Spider-Man help or got the cure, I look for that issue couldn't find it, also noticed they mentioned him as Peter.

I expected her to blame Peter
    Me too, Paul and the kids was not mentioned in the issue, MJ's Anne is one of the important person in her life how she not know them and why she did not questioned what happened the kids. I would understand why Anne would be mad at Peter, he did not show up to the wedding.

So who is the love interest Lowe promised? The nurse perhaps?
    What new love interest and when was it mentioned, guess they really are going the greatest hits of the status quo, one is Peter dating someone new and not last long. Him losing and getting beat up as Spider-Man.

I was morbid curious of the issue because of the preview, flipped through the issue quickly at my LCS. It was surprise how the opening of the issue was different from the preview.

But I also, and doubt the only one, noticed that preview was MJ not Spider-Man sneaking in with the cure, not really a bait and switch, it is after all a Spider-Man's book. Wells written it, so I didn't expect any substance from it.

Honestly the main books are doing the bare minimum and no real sense of direction and doing crossover of what the next events. Guess I can save more of my money for other things.

Astonishing Member

I expected her to blame Peter
    I agree that was a pleasant surprise. Anna putting the blame on MJ certainly gives her something to think about. I would say MJ looks even worse by abandoning Anna, but MJ has a history of that. Remember her sister?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree that was a pleasant surprise. Anna putting the blame on MJ certainly gives her something to think about. I would say MJ looks even worse by abandoning Anna, but MJ has a history of that. Remember her sister?
    That was because of her sister doing what their father did and they scared her. Peter and MJ both put Anna under their care, but this does open up the possibility for a reconciliation as this is the first time MJ under Wells felt guilty. So Anna's role is the Aunt May shipper at this point

Amazing Member

So I guess if there is going to be a sinister 6 story that is probably going to be the last major Arc for Wells' run unless I am misremembering the amount of issues left in his projected run, or his run being extended I guess

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetap View Post
    So I guess if there is going to be a sinister 6 story that is probably going to be the last major Arc for Wells' run unless I am misremembering the amount of issues left in his projected run, or his run being extended I guess
    Could also be for the giant sized ASM we might be getting also

All-New Member

I suspect that this isn't going to end up being the real MJ when it's all said and done. Probably some magical math conjuring, like the kids, meant to hurt Peter. MJ is probably in a stasis cocoon down in that - what was it again? Mathverse Reality Place.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Really liked Peter’s interactions with Sandman, the og Sinister Six getting back together minus Kraven technically will be fun, I like how they’ve been keeping this new modern Otto design it looks classic while doing something new, also just realized Aunt Anna probably doesn’t even know MJ has aged 4 years and technically hasn’t seen her for that long

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    At the start of the mackie run Sandman was given a spilt personality by the Wizard which cause him to be a villain again if I remember correctly I never finished the run so I’m guessing he never recovered from that
    They've stumbled into the idea that he's got some brain-damage. Zeb Wells did a story in Peter Parker Spider-Man with Sam Keith where Sandman had alters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Really liked Peter’s interactions with Sandman, the og Sinister Six getting back together minus Kraven technically will be fun, I like how they’ve been keeping this new modern Otto design it looks classic while doing something new, also just realized Aunt Anna probably doesn’t even know MJ has aged 4 years and technically hasn’t seen her for that long
    It would be kind of funny if she doesn't even think MJ and Paul are a thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetap View Post
    The letters page says that John Romita Jr and Ed McGuiness each have one big story "our biggest stories ever" but Wells' run may be winding down.

This may be his last 15 or so issues.

Looking at what we know so far.

Amazing Spider-Man #45-46: Current two-part arc with Carmen Carnero.
    Web of Spider-Man #1: John Romita Jr and Ed McGuinness illustrating previews for upcoming storylines.
    Amazing Spider-Man #47-48: Two-part arc with Chasm and Hallow's Eve by Todd Nauck.
    Amazing Spider-Man #49: Blood Hunt tie-in with John Romita Jr.

Amazing Spider-Man #50 seems to kick off a Green Goblin story with Ed McGuinness.

The John Romita Jr story seems to connect to Gang War. It could easily be a Sinister Six story, though it's also possible for the Sinister Six to play a role in the Green Goblin tale, with Romita focusing on something different (Crime, Paul, The Living Brain, etc.)

From what we know so far, this may all end around Issue 60.

This is reminding me of the last stretch of Slott's run when he was tying up loose ends. For all we know, Wells will introduce a new villain in Web #1, to take the series to Amazing Spider-Man #1,000. We'll know more in about two weeks when that comes out, which is also roughly when June solicitations tell us what's going on in #51 and #52.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I love how all it took was Aunt Anna to finally make MJ feel guilty. Like the one person who could properly call her out.

Incredible Member

Can someone refresh my memory? Wasn't Curt Conners stuck in Lizard form permanently? When was that solved?

Astonishing Member

This was the best issue of the Wells run to date. Which is to say it's a 2.3 star issue in a vast sea of 0.25 star issues. At least Peter didn't immediately fall down as soon as a villain took a punch and cried he was going to die and needed rescue. I guess we can also add Aunt Anna to the paltry, still on the fingers of one hand list of fights Spidey won. Glad to see the old woman in a straight jacket was no match for our hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how all it took was Aunt Anna to finally make MJ feel guilty. Like the one person who could properly call her out.
    Guilty of what, however?

Being a victim?

Being kidnapped against her will and sent to a dead dystopian world where she saved Peter but was forced to fight for her life against monsters?

Being "chained" by fake kids and hunted by a murderous madman for four years?

Having undergone what would be severe trauma resulting in what should be a serious case of PTS? Bonding with the only other human being on that planet, on whom she was forced to survive, resulting in a trauma bond? Trauma and stress reshape the brain. And anyone would do the same in that situation. Humans are social animals. We band together for survival.

Being stalked by Peter, who didn't once ask if she was okay or needed help but instead proceeded to act like his possession was stolen from him?

This run actually deserves negative stars. I see red whenever I think of the situations Wells put MJ in, only for no one - Peter or apparently the majority of readers - showing her any empathy for the trauma she was put through. Of course, the story treats what should be a highly traumatic and nuanced situation as if MJ went to Starbucks for a few hours and came home with Paul, which is wholly the fault of the writing. The writing to date deserves all the criticism it rightfully receives and then some.

Peter is also terribly written as well, let me be clear.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 03-13-2024 at 05:07 PM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Can someone refresh my memory? Wasn't Curt Conners stuck in Lizard form permanently? When was that solved?
    he was spilt in two by Doc ock during sinister war I beleive
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy