Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This run so far has been a disappointment after disappointmen - don't see what to expect here. With Wells writing MJ, you can be sure that nothing good will come out of it, unless he's forced to.
    Thus far, he wrote her to treat Peter like trash at the beginning with a hanging "What did Peter do?" mistey , only to find out that he actually did nothing wrong and MJ "chose" to be with a person who's an "accessory to genocide" for no reason (at least not one with with solid logic behind it) at all. Then he writes her to be with friendly relation with Peter (getting rid of her hostile treatment towards Peter at the beginning "off-panel"), even making Peter to state that "she did not do anything wrong at all", with MJ just agreeing.
    I bet that they choose the panel with Peter and MJ changing their clothes in order to get readers. That's just pathetic.

-- Ravencroft needs to be razed. It is a cursed place. Why is it still allowed to be active?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    -- Ravencroft needs to be razed. It is a cursed place. Why is it still allowed to be active?
    Blame J.A.N.U.S., the clandestine government agency that took S.H.I.E.L.D.'s place following its dissolution at the end of Secret Empire, as revealed at the end of the Ravencroft miniseries after Absolute Carnage. They rebuilt and dusted off Ravencroft as a front for their own morally dubious ends, but what those ends are hasn't been made clear yet. Might never be, since it's not like anybody's followed up on that angle since then, especially after Norman Osborn got his sins "cleansed."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Blame J.A.N.U.S., the clandestine government agency that took S.H.I.E.L.D.'s place following its dissolution at the end of Secret Empire, as revealed at the end of the Ravencroft miniseries after Absolute Carnage. They rebuilt and dusted off Ravencroft as a front for their own morally dubious ends, but what those ends are hasn't been made clear yet. Might never be, since it's not like anybody's followed up on that angle since then, especially after Norman Osborn got his sins "cleansed."
    I keep forgetting that S.H.I.E.L.D. was dismantled. Kind of surprised they kept that story running for so long especially as their absence has led to more than a few problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I keep forgetting that S.H.I.E.L.D. was dismantled. Kind of surprised they kept that story running for so long especially as their absence has led to more than a few problems.
    Ryan North set up a comeback in his FF run but they haven't really made any progress on that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    More problems than their actions created or worsened?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ryan North set up a comeback in his FF run but they haven't really made any progress on that.
    Hmm, true.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

issue starts off with Peter sneaking into Ravencroft to give Aunt Anna the cure and break her out. She comes to her senses and says its her responsibility to stay. Peter then tries to quit his Oscorp job due to his Spider-Man responsibilities Norman refuse and he let Peter stay with full salary. Curt Conners have a contract with Oscorp and he is working on The Living brain. Peter and Mj goes visit Anna. Peter sees Sandman. Sandman is having spilt personality so he turn himself in Ravencroft. He tells Peter that the OG Sinister Six will try to break him out soon. overall just a set up issue artist is ok sucks they are only on for two issue
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

This was a really solid issue IMO. Given that the stories I've actually enjoyed in the run so far were the Vulture two-parter as well as the Hobgoblin arc, it seems Wells benefits of keeping it small and simple, and reigning(sp?) in his overstated comedic tones. Helps that the art was also pretty good.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

This was a pretty dang solid issue. I have mixed feelings about this take on Sandman, but in light of all the character's continuity, it makes a certain kind of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This was a pretty dang solid issue. I have mixed feelings about this take on Sandman, but in light of all the character's continuity, it makes a certain kind of sense.
    At the start of the mackie run Sandman was given a spilt personality by the Wizard which cause him to be a villain again if I remember correctly I never finished the run so I’m guessing he never recovered from that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The sexual tension between Spider-Man and Jackpot is the most interest I have seen people have in Jackpot since this started.
    Noticed that Aunt Anna noticed it was MJ fault that fucked up the relationship lol? I'm wondering if she even acknowledges Paul. hahaha

By the standards of current ASM, this is definitely one of the better issues of Wells' Spider-Man.

I mean, hey, Spider-Man actually accomplished something! That shouldn't seem meaningful in this book, but at this point it is.

So wearing a panda costume is enough to get in Ravencroft? Though I'm guessing it's partially because she refuses to take it off and probably beat up anyone who tried.

This is probably the most Aunt Anna content we've gotten in a decade. And it's actually good! Feels like she's done more in this one issue than Aunt May has done in the entire run.

I find it funny how Peter is resigning his job because he's happy with how "proactive" he was in Gang War both because of how little he's actually done with his OsCorp job and how little it felt like he was actually being proactive in Gang War. Narrative-wise it just feels like he's choosing Spider-Man over Peter Parker, which has been a big problem with modern Spider-Man. I guess also the fact that he won't be working closely with Norman will mean he won't see the shift back into the Green Goblin before it happens. I had almost forgotten Norman was still the Gold Goblin.

The Peter and MJ stuff was the weakest aspect of the issue, even though the awkwardness was probably intentional. I did like how Aunt Anna realized MJ was the one who screwed the relationship up this time and for once in the entire run we actually see MJ seem to feel bad/guilty. It could only have been better if Anna had talked about how much she didn't like Paul, but I was just happy not to have him mentioned at all (even if it made the Peter and MJ undressing scene more weird).

At this point Sandman having split personalities is I guess one sensible way of addressing his disparate characterizations, motives, and constant 180's and mental problems.

Spider-Man taking on the Sinister Six? I'm guessing he'll need to get saved by Aunt Anna and William then.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Noticed that Aunt Anna noticed it was MJ fault that fucked up the relationship lol? I'm wondering if she even acknowledges Paul. hahaha
    I expected her to blame Peter

Mighty Member

So who is the love interest Lowe promised? The nurse perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    So who is the love interest Lowe promised? The nurse perhaps?
    Peter and William, sitting in a (sand) tree... K.I.S.S.I.N.G!