Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Eh, once someone dislikes something, they're going to criticize every little thing that they finally even a tiny bit dumb or annoying, where they would have ignored it or handwaved it if they liked the run. We all do it, I guess.
    I would like to think most would prefer to find what they enjoy to read rather than criticize what they don't like repeatedly.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    I would like to think most would prefer to find what they enjoy to read rather than criticize what they don't like repeatedly.
    A Lamont Cranston read sounds better at this point

It's just not human nature.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    this nitpicking is crazy
    C’mon, you can’t tell me with a straight face this preview has good dialogue… or interests you to read more.

Reusing the same dialogue for different characters is lazy. And this run is achieving legendary status for how bad it is.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member

The funny thing is I liked Wells’ Beyond chapters. And I tried to see the good in his run the first six months or so, even when my gut was telling me it wasn’t. He lost me somewhere between Dark Web and Dead Language. There have been a couple okay stories (like the Doc Ock one) but the bad has far outweighed the good. Gang War was a mess, so that’s three strikes right there. And we won’t even get into the mess with Paul, probably the most loathed supporting character of all time. But I’m going off topic. You’re right though. I should read more good books. Got any recommends?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The funny thing is I liked Wells’ Beyond chapters. And I tried to see the good in his run the first six months or so, even when my gut was telling me it wasn’t. He lost me somewhere between Dark Web and Dead Language. There have been a couple okay stories (like the Doc Ock one) but the bad has far outweighed the good. Gang War was a mess, so that’s three strikes right there. And we won’t even get into the mess with Paul, probably the most loathed supporting character of all time. But I’m going off topic. You’re right though. I should read more good books. Got any recommends?
    Even the ending?

Incredible Member

I like Amz, Ultimate, Superior and Spiderboy and as there are a ton of books by multiple publishers, there is bound to be something for everyone to enjoy. That's one of the reasons I like FCBD, as you get to sample books and may end up interested in trying something out for a bit.

It's all good to criticize a book. But to be the same comments about the same things month after month - I dunno - I would use my energy towards other things if a book bothered me that much. The creatives at the moment on Amz have a set tone - it's not going to vary much from month to month. Come back when the creatives change and give it a shot again.

That's what I did when I wasn't enjoying Spencers run - I stopped buying and found something else that I enjoyed. I didn't bash him or the other creatives, the book, the stories or the characters. I don't get much enjoyment in being that critical - the most I might say is "it's not for me" and keep pushing.

I did came back to his run when the annoucement was made that he was wrapping up, as I did want to see how the whole Kindred thing would pan out. And after it was over I didn't post "good riddance to that guy!". I simply transitioned to the next chapter in Amz hopeful I would enjoy it.

C’mon, you can’t tell me with a straight face this preview has good dialogue… or interests you to read more.

Reusing the same dialogue for different characters is lazy. And this run is achieving legendary status for how bad it is.
    It's awkward dialogue for an awkward situation.

It's not particularly clever but it's not the worse in my opinion.

I guess it's more just Wells has no real idea for how to write Peter and MJ together.

give me better complaints that reusing the same line twice not like 5 or 10 times but twice
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Even the ending?
    lol nope. Got me there! The ending was horrible.

I like Amz, Ultimate, Superior and Spiderboy and as there are a ton of books by multiple publishers, there is bound to be something for everyone to enjoy. That's one of the reasons I like FCBD, as you get to sample books and may end up interested in trying something out for a bit.

It's all good to criticize a book. But to be the same comments about the same things month after month - I dunno - I would use my energy towards other things if a book bothered me that much. The creatives at the moment on Amz have a set tone - it's not going to vary much from month to month. Come back when the creatives change and give it a shot again.
    Are you telling me not to post here? To go away until the creators change? Because it’s coming off awfully like that. And I’m not posting that much about this run or much here on the forum in the first place. You can check my post history. You may have me confused with someone else. If it’s indeed “all good to criticize a book” then why is it seemingly an issue for you? I liked Spencer’s run a lot more than this one, but certainly wouldn’t challenge anyone who didn’t like it.

That's what I did when I wasn't enjoying Spencers run - I stopped buying and found something else that I enjoyed. I didn't bash him or the other creatives, the book, the stories or the characters. I don't get much enjoyment in being that critical - the most I might say is "it's not for me" and keep pushing.

I did came back to his run when the annoucement was made that he was wrapping up, as I did want to see how the whole Kindred thing would pan out. And after it was over I didn't post "good riddance to that guy!". I simply transitioned to the next chapter in Amz hopeful I would enjoy it.
    Wow! If only all of us could be so perfect! Come off of it, please. If you didn’t like my post, you could’ve skipped over it… just like you seemingly skipped over Spencer’s run.

give me better complaints that reusing the same line twice not like 5 or 10 times but twice
    It’s a veeerrrry distinctive line of dialogue though which is why it stuck with me in the first place. It seemed worthy of comment. I’ve never seen “call me ___ while I’m working” ever before in a book, and now it’s reused within a few months with different characters. I don’t know, it stood out to me and not in a good way. I am certainly hoping Wells doesn’t use it 5 or 10 times because that would certainly be something.

Astonishing Member

I'd say there have been plenty of other complaints about Wells at this point.

Incredible Member

lol nope. Got me there! The ending was horrible.

Are you telling me not to post here? To go away until the creators change? Because it’s coming off awfully like that. And I’m not posting that much about this run or much here on the forum in the first place. You can check my post history. You may have me confused with someone else. If it’s indeed “all good to criticize a book” then why is it seemingly an issue for you? I liked Spencer’s run a lot more than this one, but certainly wouldn’t challenge anyone who didn’t like it.

Wow! If only all of us could be so perfect! Come off of it, please. If you didn’t like my post, you could’ve skipped over it… just like you seemingly skipped over Spencer’s run.

It’s a veeerrrry distinctive line of dialogue though which is why it stuck with me in the first place. It seemed worthy of comment. I’ve never seen “call me ___ while I’m working” ever before in a book, and now it’s reused within a few months with different characters. I don’t know, it stood out to me and not in a good way. I am certainly hoping Wells doesn’t use it 5 or 10 times because that would certainly be something.
    Actually, I should have separated my response into separate posts.

Only the 1st part of that was responding to you directly regarding book recommends.

The rest of that wasn't directed to you - it was just me speaking about critical posters in general in reference to my response to Tuck. My fault for not providing clarity - I went off on a tangent.

BTW - I'm nobody - I would never suggest to ANYONE what, when, where, how, etc when it comes to posting here.

Take it down a notch.
    I can at least kind of see what he's going for with since they have different names in their "dayjobs" so it's trying to be cute about it...whether it succeeds is up to interpretation.

But personally I think MJ as a Superhero in this instance is dumb so .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still feels really surreal. Also would probably help if the art wasn't depicting a different kind of Supervillain than Whirlwind.
    Hmm, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    Oh yeah thought I read Mars/Arrako somewhere before and forgot about it.

Yeah I thought that was also weird too, I mean did she waited for him or she also came at the same time, could they not see each other in the air, because next page we see Peter has his backpack, where was it and what about MJ's bag.

Someone mention that this issue would be a fake out, would not be surprise. So far all of Wells' stories was hype up and all was a let down, I do not expect anything to happen and I was interested on what going to happen to Anne, but she got well off panel. Seriously what is going on with editorial, why are these stories is not consistent.
    Alas, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    So, like, just me or anyone else notice Anna was a little bit of a ***** to Peter there?
    It's like Wells watched the 90s animated series.

Ravencroft is up and running unfortunately
    Maybe it will tie back to the Queen Goblin plot.
    Maybe. Poor Dr. Kafka('s clone), though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Take it down a notch.
    Apologies. Sorry, wleakr. I overreacted.