Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think I like him knowing very little of it but learning as he gets older. I can see Hal taking him to Oa and the Guardians letting him study all the records they had on Krypton before the disaster or him asking Hawkman or the Martian Manhunter if their people had any records of the Kryptonians. Really any alien he came to know he would ask them.
    This is a really cool idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    This is a really cool idea.
    Yeah.

I think with regards to Krypton, there's a tendency for him to either know nothing, or to then know everything. There are very few versions where he knows very little, but gradually pieces together more.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah.

I think with regards to Krypton, there's a tendency for him to either know nothing, or to then know everything. There are very few versions where he knows very little, but gradually pieces together more.
    I think a lot of this is because Superman is the #1 mouthpiece regarding Krypton. He looks like a walking encyclopedia.... because writers rarely explore the limits of what he knows. He looks more knowledgeable than he really is when people only ask him questions he knows answers to.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Thats what makes me like the concept of Kara being the true guardian of Krypton history. She grew up with it and lived it. She knows its history, its politics, its customs. I wish writers would play that up more.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This is where things like Kandor come in handy. You have an entire city that would know the history of the planet.
    Assassinate Putin!