Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He doesn't fly.He doesn't develop gazillion other power.He stays the neighbourhood champion fighting for what he feels right and not to put up a face for the crowd to cheer.He doesn't talk much.Has a sense of humour.His citadel isn't some north pole ice palace.It's a junkyard scrap yard that can move because it has legs.Lex has flying fortress.Oh Yeah!! finds an ancient race of giant robot friend.on his debut he wears a circus getup that comes from a run down circus....Then transitions to a more casual look.

Nobody cares who his parents are.

Seems more like a shonen manga anime version of Superman (or any other random character) than a Superman story or version.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Headcanon = unconfirmed personal interpretation about existing material.

Yours is just a personal AU version. Not a headcanon.
    Okey... then

Superman knows where is Linda Danvers now, but he respects her desires to be apart of the Superlife.
    Superman sometimes wonders if that super soldier from other universe was right and he takes to much away of mankind by helping them too much.
    Lois Lane have military training by her father. Nobody knows but she could kill a person with all the training she have.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

General Lane is a pacifist.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
    General Lane is a pacifist.
    Now, THAT'S a head canon!
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Seems more like a shonen manga anime version of Superman (or any other random character) than a Superman story or version
    Superman is shonen..iT was made for kids.For boys to be exact.So...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-14-2024 at 08:46 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Dusting off an old Seinfeld bit, Superman isn’t funny (I agree with George). Sure, he has little one liners, puns, and amusing comments from time to time but he’s not an all out laugh getter. Maybe Clark has even tried his hand at a local Metropolis improv or something but didn't go so well (I’m picturing 1990s style improv where he’s got the ponytail and everything). This is why he loves the comedy genre, because it’s one of the few things that he’s not good at. In a reciprocal move, he’s a huge Seinfeld fan (Hoechlin’s Clark mentioned it once). But he does love to laugh and laugh with others, friends or strangers.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Superman is a higher dimensional being and has more in common with Mr. Mxyzptlk and the New Gods. He can adjust his vision to see alternate dimensions, and is able through move through time and space. Superman, to borrow from Supreme, is also aware when continuity in the DC universe reshuffles and is aware that his personal history has realigned. Superman is also able to see people in our reality and that is why he use to wink at us whenever a Superman comic came to an end.

Superman is shonen..iT was made for kids.For boys to be exact.So...
    Yeah, but that is no excuse to simply barren him of everything than define him.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

I personally don't think Superman NEEDS a head cannon, but it would be cool. Maybe a GoPro like thing he can wear strapped to his head...

Yeah, but that is no excuse to simply barren him of everything than define him.
    I did no such thing."everything that defines him" for you.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-15-2024 at 02:23 PM.

Superman can feel pain from spicy foods, and as a result he dislikes them for a long time, though he may eventually learn to enjoy them.

Part of the reason Superman moved to Metropolis is because Kryptonians have been living in large cities for so long that they evolved to prefer that environment.

I generally have the idea that Superman being able to fool the majority of people into thinking Clark Kent isn't him is some kind of superpower he isn't consciously aware of. Sometimes I try to think of specific mechanics for how that works, but it's always messy to come up with something that makes sense.

Though he tends to prefer rock and metal, Superman can see something to appreciate in basically every kind of music, from cheesy disco to experimental noise projects.

In every continuity where this isn't actively contradicted, Clark's glasses are real prescription glasses he gets from the optometrist. Though this may seem like a waste of money, it's because of his commitment to making his Clark life as real as it can be. (Thankfully, this is at least canon according to the Ending Battle storyline because Clark is mentioned to have an optometrist.)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Superman is a higher dimensional being and has more in common with Mr. Mxyzptlk and the New Gods. He can adjust his vision to see alternate dimensions, and is able through move through time and space. Superman, to borrow from Supreme, is also aware when continuity in the DC universe reshuffles and is aware that his personal history has realigned. Superman is also able to see people in our reality and that is why he use to wink at us whenever a Superman comic came to an end.
    This is very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I personally don't think Superman NEEDS a head cannon, but it would be cool. Maybe a GoPro like thing he can wear strapped to his head...
    This caught me completely off guard. ��������������������

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    Superman can feel pain from spicy foods, and as a result he dislikes them for a long time, though he may eventually learn to enjoy them.

Part of the reason Superman moved to Metropolis is because Kryptonians have been living in large cities for so long that they evolved to prefer that environment.

I generally have the idea that Superman being able to fool the majority of people into thinking Clark Kent isn't him is some kind of superpower he isn't consciously aware of. Sometimes I try to think of specific mechanics for how that works, but it's always messy to come up with something that makes sense.

Though he tends to prefer rock and metal, Superman can see something to appreciate in basically every kind of music, from cheesy disco to experimental noise projects.

In every continuity where this isn't actively contradicted, Clark's glasses are real prescription glasses he gets from the optometrist. Though this may seem like a waste of money, it's because of his commitment to making his Clark life as real as it can be. (Thankfully, this is at least canon according to the Ending Battle storyline because Clark is mentioned to have an optometrist.)

This is very cool.
    Conversely, this could also be a part of what endeared him to Smallville (aside from his Earth parents, of course). Something totally foreign to him that he appreciates on its own merit.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I did no such thing."everything that defines him" for you.
    Ok postmodernist, do it your way.

Ok postmodernist, do it your way.
    I don't know what the heck that means.Also don't care.Moreover your idea of superman nor pop culture idea of superman is not " everything that defines superman". Cause the character was made by siegel and shuster.Not me nor you.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Now I want a villain named "Head Cannon" who just has a cannon for a head!
    Assassinate Putin!