Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well for some actual head cannon and not just another "make my own whole alternate Superman timeline".

Superman's a vegetarian but he's discovered a type of alien substance that tastes exactly like beef bourguignon he used to enjoy when he was younger.
    Come on, let Superman make some sacrifices. He has a loving family, friends and pets, a world that adores him and his villains never harm him personally.

At least he can give up on his favorite food lol.

Astonishing Member

Post-Crisis Superman is just way too soft to be Superman and anytime he and Pre-Crisis Superman meet up there is an immediate near instinctual dislike between the two.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Soft ? What means soft here?

Extraordinary Member

My head-canon on Lois - she always has a knife on her for conveniences and emergencies, but semi-realistically, most of the emergencies she gets into either don’t require it or outmatch it’s utility.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Someone finally understood the assignment!
    Pardon me for misunderstanding the intent..You wanted things that fillin the blanks.Not your personal "continuation".understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Soft ? What means soft here?

I think he means infinite crisis. Goldenage superman feeling superman is shitty.u
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-11-2024 at 08:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Post-Crisis Superman is just way too soft to be Superman and anytime he and Pre-Crisis Superman meet up there is an immediate near instinctual dislike between the two.
    Didn't this kinda happen during IC?

Kal-L took a much more black-and-white approach to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Didn't this kinda happen during IC?

Kal-L took a much more black-and-white approach to the world.
    Geoff johnss is bad at writing that version of superman.He tried to do some dumb meta commentary with that superman about fans.that's my problem with that,superman should be bigger than that.iT wasn't two guys with different ideas going at it.."rule of law knight savior vs vigilante gladiator champion".it was "comics fans are nostalgic for simpler times". Geoff johns had goldenage superman give a paternalistic shpeel to the guy that tried to molest lois in action comics #1 in action comic #1000..Goeff johns take on that character is that dumb.Anyways,i liked the panel where clark slams a car at the farmboy
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-12-2024 at 09:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    My head-canon on Lois - she always has a knife on her for conveniences and emergencies, but semi-realistically, most of the emergencies she gets into either don’t require it or outmatch it’s utility.
    I actually like this!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    How often have they met up. Both seem more or less the same in terms of personality. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't like the post-Crisis Superman all the much. But as far as personality goes, I don't see a huge difference.
    Assassinate Putin!

Honestly, infinite crisis is about it. post-crisis superman had more adventures with kingdom come guy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    How often have they met up. Both seem more or less the same in terms of personality. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't like the post-Crisis Superman all the much. But as far as personality goes, I don't see a huge difference.
    I think part of the challenge is that Pre-Crisis you didn't have a whole lot of complex characterisation in comic-books. So if we were to contrast the personalities of Pre-Crisis Superman and Post-Crisis Superman, a lot would be based on a modern re-examination of the former. I think that's what IC tried to do, to some extent.

Also, I guess the current stance is to try to ignore/erase the differences between Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis. The base template for Superman today in the comics (and most other media) is Post-Crisis, albeit with a lot of Pre-Crisis elements and ideas thrown in.

You could tell an interesting story no doubt, but you'd need to really define the distinctions between the two versions and decide along what aspects you want to contrast them.

Incidentially, I'm not very sure since I haven't read the relevant stories but...did Post-Crisis Superman (after Convergence) interact much with the New 52 Superman? How did that go? I feel the New 52 Superman was pretty close to being a modern reimagining of the Pre-Crisis Superman in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think part of the challenge is that Pre-Crisis you didn't have a whole lot of complex characterisation in comic-books. So if we were to contrast the personalities of Pre-Crisis Superman and Post-Crisis Superman, a lot would be based on a modern re-examination of the former. I think that's what IC tried to do, to some extent.

Also, I guess the current stance is to try to ignore/erase the differences between Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis. The base template for Superman today in the comics (and most other media) is Post-Crisis, albeit with a lot of Pre-Crisis elements and ideas thrown in.

You could tell an interesting story no doubt, but you'd need to really define the distinctions between the two versions and decide along what aspects you want to contrast them.

Incidentially, I'm not very sure since I haven't read the relevant stories but...did Post-Crisis Superman (after Convergence) interact much with the New 52 Superman? How did that go? I feel the New 52 Superman was pretty close to being a modern reimagining of the Pre-Crisis Superman in some ways.
    Post-Crisis Superman ended up on the New 52 Earth after Convergence but they never met until five minutes before New 52 "died". It wasn't much of an interaction. Then they spent six months pretending they were going to get him back only to just decide to "merge" them and wipe his history altogether. 2016-17 was a weird time.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member

Head-Canon. Personal interpretations of canon stories that are neither confirmed nor denied by the canon. Here are some of mine.
    1. The K-Metal from Krypton story happened and the reason Earth-Two Lois wasn't after Superman's secret identity was because she already knew it.
    2. The comic strip, radio show, and Fleischer shorts are part of Earth-Two canon. Possibly the Kirk Alyn serials and the George Reeves TV show as well.
    3. The Ghost of Superman Future, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, and An Enemy's Gift (a short story by Elliot S! Maggin) are compatible, and the future of Earth-One.
    4. Earth-Two Superman started his career in 1934 in Cleveland at the Daily Star, then was moved with Lois and George Taylor to Metropolis to the Daily Planet in 1938.
    5. Mike Sekowsky's run as editor of Supergirl (Adventure Comics 397-409) took place on a different, now quarantined, universe.
    6. On the other hand, Brave and the Bold #63 is canon; Supergirl and Wonder Woman were on a secret mission.
    7. Earth-One Superman suffers from depression.

Yeah... Lois knowing Clark is Superman... just makes sense in most universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Jor El and Lara did NOT have prior knowledge of earth, its star, nor the fortuitous effects of all that bountiful yelliw sun radiation. Instead, Krypton is the victim of a once in a lifetime solar eruption which destabilizes its core resultingin a chain reaction.

Lara and Jor had suffered fertility issues and had just recently achieved a successful pairing. But alas, their joy is threatened by the arrival of the planet's doom. So they load the precious embryo into the gestation chamber and just as their home is swallowed by planet's crumbling crust they launch the precious cargo into the stars, never knowing that their baby would not only find safety but would go on to inspire an unprecedented heroic age.
    Tehre was actually a story in canon where an alien tried to convince Superman that the Kryptonians aren't a near Human race and that Superman actually took on Human form after arrival on Earth.