Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jennifer Lien (Kes) in Star Trek: Voyager, although as with Lee Whitney there's a few differing stories as to the why.

Reportedly they were considering getting rid of Garret Wang/Harry Kim but then he made People's 100 Most Beautiful People and they decided to keep him and dump Lien.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Was Jonny Sekka fired from Babylon 5 after the pilot, or was he unavailable/did he quit before it went into regular production?
    Declining Health although he lived to 2006, he pretty much retired from acting after filming the gathering.

Extraordinary Member

John Amos (James Evans) from Good Times

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was another.

Austin St John (Jason/Red Ranger), Walter Jones (Zack/Black Ranger) and Thuy Trang (Trini/Yellow Ranger) all were axed after they asked for more money and tried to unionize the show.

Melinda Culea was dropped from the A-Team in Season 2 of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was another.

Austin St John (Jason/Red Ranger), Walter Jones (Zack/Black Ranger) and Thuy Trang (Trini/Yellow Ranger) all were axed after they asked for more money and tried to unionize the show.
    It was more them quitting than getting fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The show may just not have had the money to pay James Marsters without cutting someone else.

Marsters may have been the excuse, but Carpenter has gone on record about her experiences with Whedon and how he was angry at her getting pregnant. I'm willing to believe her on that.

Speaking of horrible work environments, wasn't Eliza Dushku fired from Bull after complaining about Wheatherly's behavior on set? Or was it they just didn't bring her back?

I also can't remember if Ruby Rose quit Batwoman, or if she was fired.

Mighty Member

Soupy sales

Gina Carano (Mandolorian)
    Darren from Bewitched

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Melinda Culea was dropped from the A-Team in Season 2 of the show.
    You made me think of one with that because as a young lad I had a crush on her Patricia McPherson who played Bonnie on Knight Rider she was fired in season 2 and replaced by Rebecca Holden as April because producers didn't think McPherson didn't have enough sex appeal well, they obviously never consulted with me. She was brought back in season 3 because of fan reaction and Hasselhoff and Edward Mulhare went to bat for her behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Marsters may have been the excuse, but Carpenter has gone on record about her experiences with Whedon and how he was angry at her getting pregnant. I'm willing to believe her on that.
    I'm aware. This interview is after all that came out. And I don't believe she's said she believes she was let go because of it.

A lot of fans have speculated that. They've also speculated that the revised season 4 story for her character was some kind of revenge for screwing up Whedon's plans. (People have done pettier things in the business, but it would be a cutting-your-nose-off-to-spite-your-face situation.)

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Declining Health although he lived to 2006, he pretty much retired from acting after filming the gathering.
    That's very sad. Loved Franklin, but Kyle was cool too. His maturity made the weapons development and starship hitchhiking backstory seem more viable. But then, "Gropos" would have really lacked for something.