Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Suicide Squad: Dream Team #1 Preview

Suicide Squad: Dream Team #1 Preview
    Writer: Nicole Maines
    Artist: Eddy Barrows

Now that I think about it, Harley waking up forcibly enlisted into a Suicide Squad roster happens a lot. Also I love how she's described as "good with a hammer" as if that is the perfect qualification for a team.

Does she even really need to forcibly recruit her own nephew? I don't think they have a positive relationship, but it's a bit much.

Who is the other woman? I recognize Black Alice but I think she's the only character that hasn't been advertised unless she's the sacrificial lamb.

Why does Dreamer have a bomber jacket?

Extraordinary Member

I feel like dreamer is to close to the super family for this to happen
    Even Harley is a lil to close to the batfamily thease days to just get snatched anymore

Has it been explained how Black Alice is alive again?

Of course Harley was only sentenced to community service. Because she never actually does anything bad anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I feel like dreamer is to close to the super family for this to happen
    Even Harley is a lil to close to the batfamily thease days to just get snatched anymore
    I don't think anyone but Poison Ivy would regularly check on Harley. Unless she was missing her community service.

I forget, but didn't Dreamer tell Conner she was willingly going with Waller?
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Of course Harley was only sentenced to community service. Because she never actually does anything bad anymore.
    The actual perks of being on the Suicide Squad .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Now that I think about it, why does she still need the Squad if she's already getting soldiers from the multiversus plus promising pardons to any supervillains who kill heroes?

I mean Peacemaker's a jackass but his actions in Beast World has made him alone more reliable than the Suicide Squad has been in years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    She didn’t die
    Just walked into the horizon

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does she even really need to forcibly recruit her own nephew? I don't think they have a positive relationship, but it's a bit much.
    Archie was last seen forming a team to undermine Waller, so their relationship is even worse than it was to begin with.

I forget, but didn't Dreamer tell Conner she was willingly going with Waller?
    She was blackmailed into it, so not entirely willingly, but it is a little odd that Waller wouldn't try that again.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this, their mission has a very classic Suicide Squad premise, though I wish it were more than four issues. I'm not quite sold on the roster yet, but Clock King is a fun choice, even with his messy continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Everything counts. Nothing counts.
    DC continuity isn’t really a thing anymore.

The actual perks of being on the Suicide Squad .
    I know you're joking, but it doesn't really make sense. The original point of the Squad was that (aside from the bomb in your head) if you did this mission and came back alive, you were able to knock time off your sentence. That doesn't really work if joining the SS is a million times worse than your sentencing.

Ultimate Member

I know you're joking, but it doesn't really make sense. The original point of the Squad was that (aside from the bomb in your head) if you did this mission and came back alive, you were able to knock time off your sentence. That doesn't really work if joining the SS is a million times worse than your sentencing.
    I'm so old, that I remember when people joined the squad for other reasons than a damn bomb in their head.

It needn't be, but it seems that as characters have become far more diverse, casts and plotlines have become far less.

Extraordinary Member

I guess it does work. If your Harley and too valuable in terms of brand power to be killed off and keep surviving she actually has managed to reduce her sentence down significantly if it’s down to community service. However since Amanda can change it at any times to the only real immunity somone like her can get is getting even closer to the batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I guess it does work. If your Harley and too valuable in terms of brand power to be killed off and keep surviving she actually has managed to reduce her sentence down significantly if it’s down to community service. However since Amanda can change it at any times to the only real immunity somone like her can get is getting even closer to the batfamily.
    Or just not being a sales draw .

Extraordinary Member

Or just not being a sales draw .
    I suppose but then where is dead shot and boomerang
    Not on the squad but nowhere else to be found?