Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I suppose but then where is dead shot and boomerang
    Not on the squad but nowhere else to be found?
    I would say thats partly on the creator favoritism Harley gets. She is the character "everyone wants to write" so if given the opportunity they'll put her in their book over anyone else.

The lack of Deadshot and Boomerang is a good indication of this actually. Both ostensibly popular characters, but they undoubtably do not have the fervent adoration Harley gets by DC's editorial and writers. Harley gets shoved with major plot significance into every AU comic from Dark Knights of Steel to DC vs Vampires while Deadshot and Boomerang are lucky to just get a cameo.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 03-11-2024 at 03:26 AM.

Isn't Deadeye meant to be their black Deadshot?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought so initially, based on his design and name, but the characters have very little in common outside of that.

I really wish Deadshot and Boomerang had more of a part to play in the current Waller storyline. Boomer's had a few appearances here and there, but I believe Deadshot's still in limbo from the end of Task Force Z.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueWhistler View Post
    I thought so initially, based on his design and name, but the characters have very little in common outside of that.

I really wish Deadshot and Boomerang had more of a part to play in the current Waller storyline. Boomer's had a few appearances here and there, but I believe Deadshot's still in limbo from the end of Task Force Z.
    I need something to erase the stink of Taylor's handling of Floyd and his death.

Extraordinary Member

hes not Floyd but sure he is the marksman leader role plugged in with waller

i miss Floyd tho, SS hasnt been the greatest but i have enjoyed the ride with him since 2011 all the way up to the revolutionaries
    i hope this isnt a case of race swapping, it forever put me off of Wallace West

Extraordinary Member

I need something to erase the stink of Taylor's handling of Floyd and his death.
    his story wasnt bad, t was actually a brght spot for the book, i just never expected Floyd to be gone this long

hes not Floyd but sure he is the marksman leader role plugged in with waller

i miss Floyd tho, SS hasnt been the greatest but i have enjoyed the ride with him since 2011 all the way up to the revolutionaries
    i hope this isnt a case of race swapping, it forever put me off of Wallace West
    Its not race swapping, Deadeye is a completely different character from Deadshot, being Waller's nephew who was part of a psi-ops division so he also has psychic powers.

Deadeye is more of a case of creating a separate character that apes the Will Smith version without needing to racelift the original.

Ultimate Member

his story wasnt bad, t was actually a brght spot for the book, i just never expected Floyd to be gone this long
    Is Floyd still dead? I know he was in that dumb zombie Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its not race swapping, Deadeye is a completely different character from Deadshot, being Waller's nephew who was part of a psi-ops division so he also has psychic powers.

Deadeye is more of a case of creating a separate character that apes the Will Smith version without needing to racelift the original.
    I much prefer this route than just changing the characters ethnicity.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He was resurrected for that series, died a couple more times in it, and at its end was brought back again by Harvey Dent in a stinger that I don't believe was ever followed up on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWhistler View Post
    He was resurrected for that series, died a couple more times in it, and at its end was brought back again by Harvey Dent in a stinger that I don't believe was ever followed up on.
    ^^^Crap that sounds ridiculously bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I much prefer this route than just changing the characters ethnicity.
    ^^^I prefer that too.
    Way easier to ignore a character I’ve no interest in that way.

Extraordinary Member

Same practice dead shot has had his slot taken. His role and function now fulfilled

Same practice dead shot has had his slot taken. His role and function now fulfilled
    ^^^Not hardly fulfilled.
    All characters like Deadeye (and Nick Fury Jr. over at Marvel) do is make ppl miss the original characters.

Ultimate Member

Eh, not the worst thing. Limbo can do a character good, allow the writers to bring them back with a fresh idea later.

Deadeye offers a different dynamic than Deadshot, and that in and of itself is long overdue.

I do find it funny that Deadshot is the only comic book character to kill his synergy replacement though, lol.

It is funny how Floyd is clearly on one of the variant covers

Riccardo Federici clearly assumed Deadeye was Floyd because of the obvious similarities