Extraordinary Member

Default Sinister Sons #2 Preview

Sinister Sons #2 Preview
    Writer: Peter J. Tomasi
    Artists: Vasco Georgiev and David Lafuente

In true sons fashion, getting along swimmingly .

A fun issue that's focused on just the two Sinister Sons.

The art was really spectacular this issue. With there only being two characters, they were really expressive and just enjoyable to look at. It was fun at just how at the throat Lor-Zod and Sinson are with each. They have a different dynamic than one we're used to seeing because it's a unique combination of character backgrounds that I don't think has been done, at least not in this manner.

On my first read through I had issues with how the dialogue and action were inter-cut and interrupting each other, but upon further reading I like just how much dynamic action we got.

I wanted to compliment David Lafuente's work, but I noticed on the cover there was another artist credited above Lafuente, Vasco Georgiev. I thought the art looked a little different because of how expressive and dynamic it was and I chalked that up to Lefuente just flexing his muscles, but no, it was a different artist entirely. And I really like what Georgiev brings to the table.

Georgiev did most of the book, but the pages that Lafuente did were just as expressive. They both draw the character in a similar super deformed (look it up) manner, but Lafuente looks like the Capcom style with the big hands and feet and Georgiev adds in a lot more detail.

The space whale was a great use of a double page spread. Reminds me a lot of Kingdom Hearts I with the Monstro world.

One question I would have is how Sinson's "ring" is able to have an effect on Lor-Zod, but what I really want to know is when are we going to get the Sinson character that is on the cover in the book proper.