Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, we don't know what exactly went down in life 9, but Moira and Apocalypse did rescue the original horsemen (and not Genesis apparently). Timeline wise, according to X-Men Red at least, Genesis had already put on the helmet and basically surrendered Arakko to Amenth. However, Moira and Apocalypse "rescue" the horsemen about 30 years prior to when the events of X of Swords happen in our timeline, so maybe they were more willing to abandon Genesis when Apocalypse showed up on his own?

Edit:
    A more meta answer is probably that Genesis had not been conceptualized when House of X was written, or at least not completely. Only the Horsemen had been mentioned by that point,
    I almost wrote the latter part because I think it's true. I don't know that Genesis was fleshed out by House of X

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I almost wrote the latter part because I think it's true. I don't know that Genesis was fleshed out by House of X
    Yeah, when Doug first tells us Krakoa's version of the Okkara/Amenth story there's no mention of Genesis (nor is she present in the art shown). It's only said that the horsemen went to Amenth, no mention or hint of Genesis. It's not until X-Men #12 that Genesis is mentioned and shown.

We don't even know that the original horsemen are Apocalypse' children until X-Men #2, which mentions that Summoner is his grandchild via War, thus implying the existence of a mother of horsemen. Although it's likely that the horsemen were always Apocalypse's children in Hickman's mind, perhaps he had not planned on making the mother an instrumental part of the story yet.