Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Looks good. This mini has been a great ride.

Getting to see more of Moira's past lives is definitely a treat. If only we had gotten that Moira book

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This looks good... but needs more purple hair

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This looks good... but needs more purple hair
    Preach that!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Honestly I had forgotten about the timeline where Moira hooked up with Apocalypse.

In the same issue I might get a Betsy Braddock in Disassembled costume and something-Warren-like-and-or-related with Poccy?? Am I dreaming?
    Wake me up only when this lands and turns out true!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I just realized looking at that preview page - How is Moira the Queen? There was no mention of her interacting with Apocalypse in the previous lives so she shouldn't be aware that Genesis was a thing. Which would mean she would have absolutely no shot of being able to come up with something to beat her and take her spot when they went to Amenth to get the original Horsemen.

Who is the artist ? These pages look GREAT ! Love the sunglasses effect.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I just realized looking at that preview page - How is Moira the Queen? There was no mention of her interacting with Apocalypse in the previous lives so she shouldn't be aware that Genesis was a thing. Which would mean she would have absolutely no shot of being able to come up with something to beat her and take her spot when they went to Amenth to get the original Horsemen.
    Moira's fourth life is basically just X-Men as we knew it before House of M, all the way up to the Phoenix Five incident at least, she knows Apocalypse from that and was ready to seek him out right away in her ninth life.

This book has been so good and this preview continues my excitement.
    Mutant and Proud!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Moira is queen in this life as she took the knowledge from her previous 8 lives and decided to try with Apocalypse to bring mutant survival. She knew enough of him from lives 4-8 to entice him and make her his queen. Krakoa didn't exist, but she did help him save his children. No word on Genesis but if the kids were saved then Moira would have been his written for that alone.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 03-10-2024 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Corrected for accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Moira is queen in this life as she took the knowledge from her previous 8 lives and decided to try with Apocalypse to bring mutant survival. She knew enough of him from lives 4-8 to entice him and make her his queen. Krakoa, Arrako, Genesis, his kids - none of those exist (or are relevant) because Krakoa never happened. So no Krakoa means no Arrako/Amenth.
    The Horsemen where there in that Moira's life, weren't they ? I think I remember it.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The Horsemen where there in that Moira's life, weren't they ? I think I remember it.
    Actually you are correct, I remembered Horsemen but there are always Horsemen lol. No words on Genesis but his children were rescued by Moira, hence her likely being his queen.

Yeah, we don't know what exactly went down in life 9, but Moira and Apocalypse did rescue the original horsemen (and not Genesis apparently). Timeline wise, according to X-Men Red at least, Genesis had already put on the helmet and basically surrendered Arakko to Amenth. However, Moira and Apocalypse "rescue" the horsemen about 30 years prior to when the events of X of Swords happen in our timeline, so maybe they were more willing to abandon Genesis when Apocalypse showed up on his own?

Edit:
    A more meta answer is probably that Genesis had not been conceptualized when House of X was written, or at least not completely. Only the Horsemen had been mentioned by that point,