View Poll Results: What comic are you MOST excited about from the panel?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uncanny X-Men by Simone & Marquez

39 41.49%
  • X-Men by MacKay & Stegman

24 25.53%
  • Exceptional X-Men by Ewing & Carnero

1 1.06%
  • One of the "coming soon" titles (Phoenix, Storm, NyX, etc.)

30 31.91%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It's so crazy, I felt just like it was yesterday that Hickman dragged me back to the X-Men and now his partial vision is ending.

I hope Simone gets the flagship and brings her iconic wit to a team book.

Also has a woman ever written the flagship X-Men book before?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Kinda sucks that Hickman and co. worked so hard to bring the X-Men back to prominence and really iterate and do something new with the X-men mythos only for marvel to decide to devolve the line back to what it was.
    I'm trying hard to reserve judgment though the burnt x-fan in me is dreading a "movie rights!" phase

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Not really (although Louise Simonson & Ann Nocenti were the editors of Chris Claremont's run during the 1983-1988 period (Romita Jr & Silvestri's runs), before Bob Harras took over.

I was never a fan of the Krakoa era, but I do have to admit that it did do a lot for the X-Books and I know it brought a lot of people back to the books. There was also a lot of excitement around the books, that quite frankly, was not seen in a long time. At least it certainly feels that way.

THAT SAID… do you think they’ll get to the important part of the discussion and tell us about pi?
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Not really (although Louise Simonson & Ann Nocenti were the editors of Chris Claremont's run during the 1983-1988 period (Romita Jr & Silvestri's runs), before Bob Harras took over.
    I figured as much, so it would be a historic placement for Simone.

Color me excited, I wonder who the artist will be? She's had some pretty amazing collaborators in the past.

Extraordinary Member

This was followed by a period where Simonson was writing two out of the three monthly X-titles. Having started in that era it always seems strange to me that we have to be surprised about women getting to write 'important' books.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This was followed by a period where Simonson was writing two out of the three monthly X-titles.
    Of course (I didn't forget X-Factor & New Mutants) but charliehustle415 was asking specifically about the flagship title of the X-books (Uncanny X-Men for a long time or adjectiveless X-Men during the Krakoa era).

It's so crazy, I felt just like it was yesterday that Hickman dragged me back to the X-Men and now his partial vision is ending.

I hope Simone gets the flagship and brings her iconic wit to a team book.

Marjorie Liu wrote Astonishing X-men when it was the prestige series. Not sure one cab call it the flagship title, maybe though. I think that is as close as we have come.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I figured as much, so it would be a historic placement for Simone.

Color me excited, I wonder who the artist will be? She's had some pretty amazing collaborators in the past.
    We know David Marquez is drawing Simone's FCBD story in May so he could be a possible candidate. Jerome Opeña also surprisingly appeared in the solicit for Uncanny #700 so he could be another possibility. I would also love if Brevoort recruited Gail's former Partner in Crime Nicola Scott for the X-Men - she just completed a run on Titans that was phenomenal and I'm sure her mutants would look absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Jerome Opeña also surprisingly appeared in the solicit for Uncanny #700 so he could be another possibility.
    Isn't he too slow nowadays at drawing interior pages for a ongoing book (not as slow as Quitely but still) ?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Isn't he too slow nowadays at drawing interior pages for a ongoing book (not as slow as Quitely but still) ?
    Frankly, you get a couple of story arcs out of most artists these days... even when he was Uncanny X-Force's "regular" artist, Opeña didn't draw that many issues. As long as he alternates with other amazing artists though, I don't think it's necessarily an issue.

Astonishing Member

There has to be some kinda gimmick of sorts.

Of course (I didn't forget X-Factor & New Mutants) but charliehustle415 was asking specifically about the flagship title of the X-books (Uncanny X-Men for a long time or adjectiveless X-Men during the Krakoa era).
    Correct, I was asking about the flagship title because they steer the line as whole. I already new about Weezy and crew, but if Simone gets the flagship that's quite important.

We know David Marquez is drawing Simone's FCBD story in May so he could be a possible candidate. Jerome Opeña also surprisingly appeared in the solicit for Uncanny #700 so he could be another possibility. I would also love if Brevoort recruited Gail's former Partner in Crime Nicola Scott for the X-Men - she just completed a run on Titans that was phenomenal and I'm sure her mutants would look absolutely amazing.

Nicola Scott would blow my socks off, because it would be a new artist on a X title. As much as I love Opena we've already seen his X characters I would a new take.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 03-09-2024 at 06:16 PM.

Just looked up Nicola Scott, I agree she would be awesome and much suited as a flagship artist. hopefully she isn't signed to DC

Oooh, now there's a combo that could have me buying regardless of the cast. A rare thing these days. Loved them on Secret Six.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller