View Poll Results: What comic are you MOST excited about from the panel?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uncanny X-Men by Simone & Marquez

39 41.49%
  • X-Men by MacKay & Stegman

24 25.53%
  • Exceptional X-Men by Ewing & Carnero

1 1.06%
  • One of the "coming soon" titles (Phoenix, Storm, NyX, etc.)

30 31.91%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-News on 3/14: 'The Future of Marvel Comics’ X-Men and Digital Comics' Panel

https://schedule.sxsw.com/2024/events/PP1145215

Panelists include Gail Simone and Jed MacKay.

I figured I'd start a new thread so we can post and discuss the news as it comes out next Thursday. Hoping for lots of teaser images!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yeah I don't think Jed's presence is a coincidence after all. My money's on him being the new Wolverine writer but he's commercially successful and talented enough to also pen a new Uncanny X-Men/X-Men book. I can't wait to find out but between Simone and MacKay I'm starting to get pretty eXcited.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah I don't think Jed's presence is a coincidence after all. My money's on him being the new Wolverine writer but he's commercially successful and talented enough to also pen a new Uncanny X-Men/X-Men book. I can't wait to find out but between Simone and MacKay I'm starting to get pretty eXcited.
    Yeah the more I think about it the more I think he's involved in the new era. I can see maybe one of his current runs ending after Blood Hunt allowing space for an X-book. A MacKay Wolverine would be really cool.

Is Jed McKay doing good on the team book?

I know for sure everyone is loving Moon Knight and Dr. Strange. IDK what else he did though.

Extraordinary Member

I would lower expectations about what will be revealed. These types of panels usually just discuss things that are already solicited or early solicits. McKay might be involved with something ongoing but his presence here will probably be talking about a transition period mini which I would guess to be a solo book for one of the X-Women.

I love all of Mackay's books so I'm definitely excited for this panel.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is Jed McKay doing good on the team book?

I know for sure everyone is loving Moon Knight and Dr. Strange. IDK what else he did though.
    I'm enjoying his Avengers. I wouldn't necessarily want the X-Men to be written in that style (think Warren Ellis' The Authority) but he certainly has a good handle on his cast and has proved to be pretty good at creating new villains. His latest issue featuring "a day in the life" was brilliant and a much-needed break of the "all action" style of the first arc. His Timeless one-shot that basically served as a prelude to his Avengers run was also fantastic.

I remember Jed McKay saying last year he disliked how Beast has been written and wanted to write him next because he should always be a hero. Maybe he's getting his chance?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah the more I think about it the more I think he's involved in the new era. I can see maybe one of his current runs ending after Blood Hunt allowing space for an X-book. A MacKay Wolverine would be really cool.
    McKay + Capullo doing Wolverine would be awesome!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I would lower expectations about what will be revealed. These types of panels usually just discuss things that are already solicited or early solicits. McKay might be involved with something ongoing but his presence here will probably be talking about a transition period mini which I would guess to be a solo book for one of the X-Women.
    Has Marvel ever had a panel at SXSW though? Seems to me like they’ve got something to say.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Has Marvel ever had a panel at SXSW though? Seems to me like they’ve got something to say.
    I would love to be wrong but this kind of news just does not break at cons anymore. Websites don't even bother to do live blogs and it is almost as rare to get any actual report of the panel. Marvel will just blast the usual media channels with the news anyway. It is also fishy that this panel is being done jointly with VeVe. I hope you are looking forward to what is new for NFTs.

I would love to be wrong but this kind of news just does not break at cons anymore. Websites don't even bother to do live blogs and it is almost as rare to get any actual report of the panel. Marvel will just blast the usual media channels with the news anyway. It is also fishy that this panel is being done jointly with VeVe. I hope you are looking forward to what is new for NFTs.
    I mean the panel description literally says they're talking about the new era so some beans will be spilled at the very least.

I will do no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I can see maybe one of his current runs ending after Blood Hunt allowing space for an X-book. A MacKay Wolverine would be really cool.
    He will probably have to leave Doctor Strange or Moon Knight in order to do that.
    And since his Moon Knight is already getting an omnibus, that must mean Marvel known when this run is ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    He will probably have to leave Doctor Strange or Moon Knight in order to do that.
    And since his Moon Knight is already getting an omnibus, that must mean Marvel known when this run is ending.
    His Moon Knight run relaunched in January as Vengeance of the Moon Knight. The omnibus is of his first volume because it is completed so that doesn't mean he's dropping Moon Knight especially with it being his most successful series. I would guess it will be Doctor Strange that he drops.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel