View Poll Results: What comic are you MOST excited about from the panel?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uncanny X-Men by Simone & Marquez

39 41.49%
  • X-Men by MacKay & Stegman

24 25.53%
  • Exceptional X-Men by Ewing & Carnero

1 1.06%
  • One of the "coming soon" titles (Phoenix, Storm, NyX, etc.)

30 31.91%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Gail basically confirmed she'll be writing Monet on Twitter.
    She does like Monet, but that doesn't mean Ev would be on Gail's book....

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I think just for the nostalgia of having the title back...Uncanny X-Men by Gail & Marquez just edged X-Men by MacKay and Stegman out of number one. I love Gail's writing, if Brevoort allows Gail to do what Gail does best and just let her run...we will have an excellent title. The art by Marquez will also be top notch. By the same token, Ryan Stegman is an exceptional and dynamic artist, I look forward to what he brings to his title. Jed MacKay is probably my favorite writer at Marvel currently (tied with Ewing possibly.)
    Exceptional, while looking forward to it in that it's Kitty and Emma together...not a duo I ever thought I would enjoy so much, but I do. I'm the least excited about this one because, as has been said time and again...it's more new mutants we didn't really need. I would have rather seen some much lesser used characters or even some that Kitty hasn't interacted with much.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm slowly coming around to the idea of EXM. Unlike a lot of readers I'm never concerned about brand new characters taking the page space from older characters...they just have to have engaging personalities and written well to hold my interest. I think it's playing it a bit safe with a new set of characters as Eve can write them as she imagines them and not rely on characters who have already well-established personalities. It's far less risk for her to get "wrong". That said, it will be interesting to read how she writes Emma and Kate, though.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is Jed McKay doing good on the team book?

I know for sure everyone is loving Moon Knight and Dr. Strange. IDK what else he did though.
    Needs more soap; less opera
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is she Kitty or Kate? Also...a barista!?

Also I hope this means Emma will be cycling through costumes unless C is just the permanent one they decided on.
    She’s Katey
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Oof only one vote for Exceptional?

NGL, I am burnt out on the Kitty and Emma dynamic as well as a bit frustrated with the new characters but still surprised by the lack of enthusiasm.

On the otherhand, I'm happy Uncanny is getting love. I know it seems very 90s, but the bits and pieces Gail has been telling us about the book seem exciting. I'm all for some Southern Gothic Horror and Darkholme family interactions in my X-books!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oof only one vote for Exceptional?

NGL, I am burnt out on the Kitty and Emma dynamic as well as a bit frustrated with the new characters but still surprised by the lack of enthusiasm.

On the otherhand, I'm happy Uncanny is getting love. I know it seems very 90s, but the bits and pieces Gail has been telling us about the book seem exciting. I'm all for some Southern Gothic Horror and Darkholme family interactions in my X-books!
    LOL I'm the one vote, and that's because it has Emma in it and I actually want more of the Kate and Emma dynamic (provided it's similar to what Duggan has written).

But it makes sense. It's the least well known creative team, most of the characters are OCs and with the hints from Gail about more characters coming its also the smallest team.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    She’s Katey
    She's moving to Montréal next and will be called Cathé.

Looking forward to Uncanny

I'm super excited for this book, the characters are perfect to bring back the found family dynamic that I missed so much during the Krakoa era.

Although I'm not sure if Kurt and Jubilee have interacted before this, but the others more or less have stories together in the past.( Especially Logan with the rest of the team).

It would be so funny to have a callback to this.....
    704fdfa6907d0978eac74d47ee92cd90.jpg