View Poll Results: What comic are you MOST excited about from the panel?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uncanny X-Men by Simone & Marquez

39 41.49%
  • X-Men by MacKay & Stegman

24 25.53%
  • Exceptional X-Men by Ewing & Carnero

1 1.06%
  • One of the "coming soon" titles (Phoenix, Storm, NyX, etc.)

30 31.91%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I would guess it will be Doctor Strange that he drops.
    That's too bad.
    Although I'm kinda curious what Ewing could do with this character. And Iron Man too (once the Duggan run is over).

810136bea4ecc21ac1f0a8bc65bf31d3.jpg
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 03-08-2024 at 03:18 PM.

I'd love to see Mackay write an X-Book but I'd hate to see him end his Dr. Strange run (which is more likely than him dropping Moon Knight).

Of course I would also love to see him write the Amazing Spider-Man and I know that's not happening .

Fantastic Member

Kinda sucks that Hickman and co. worked so hard to bring the X-Men back to prominence and really iterate and do something new with the X-men mythos only for marvel to decide to devolve the line back to what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Kinda sucks that Hickman and co. worked so hard to bring the X-Men back to prominence and really iterate and do something new with the X-men mythos only for marvel to decide to devolve the line back to what it was.
    I think it's way too early for people to keep repeating this. Do we know at all what these teams are doing beyond, Rogue and Kitty leading a team? Just because they might go back to the mansion, does not mean they are in the same space as years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I think it's way too early for people to keep repeating this. Do we know at all what these teams are doing beyond, Rogue and Kitty leading a team? Just because they might go back to the mansion, does not mean they are in the same space as years ago.
    Agreed. We know too little at this point. And while I would have liked to see Krakoa go on longer, 5 years ain't too shabby.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I remember Jed McKay saying last year he disliked how Beast has been written and wanted to write him next because he should always be a hero. Maybe he's getting his chance?
    We can only hope.

He can make him an Avenger again for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    same has happened to Grant Morrison's New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    People also need to remember that according to Hickman Krakoa was a story. A story with a beginning, mid and end. The plan was always to reset it, be that back to Mansion, Utopia, Outback or whatever.

It seems Hickman got the okay to do such a radical story because the X-corner of marvel was in bad shape due to conscious neglect. Mostly due to the success of other brands wholly owned by marvel and the fact that whatever they created in the X-corner was free to use by Fox.

These days the X-corner is in better shape but apparently still considered bad when compared to what Marvel thinks it should and could be. So we can expect a more traditional and luxurious approach. More reigned in but also more focused. Bigger stories and bigger budget. Hopefully good stories too…

Wow. I did't know SXSW also had comics panels.
    Mutant and Proud!

They normally don’t. At least I don’t remember them ever having comics panels. Hence why I think this is going to be a big announcement from Marvel and not just a tease. I’m hoping for a drop of the whole line!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

So I was thinking we might be getting the X-Men solicits for June (so everything in addition to Uncanny #700 and the Heir of Apocalypse) early next week before SXSW hits? Would be weird to announce the July books before the June ones. I'm expecting June to be a very light month but there might be another few one-shots I reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah I don't think Jed's presence is a coincidence after all. My money's on him being the new Wolverine writer
    him and greg capullo would be a great team for the wolverine book

I can see mackay on a cyclops solo too

Heck yeah, I’d love McKay to be on a X-Book!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.