View Poll Results: What comic are you MOST excited about from the panel?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uncanny X-Men by Simone & Marquez

39 41.49%
  • X-Men by MacKay & Stegman

24 25.53%
  • Exceptional X-Men by Ewing & Carnero

1 1.06%
  • One of the "coming soon" titles (Phoenix, Storm, NyX, etc.)

30 31.91%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Temper is such a weird codename, that is one change I'm not a fan of.

Do love her new look though, I think it's the best she's ever looked.

My initial reaction is I feel very underwhelmed by this, but I was pretty certain that unless the mutants went cosmic or something that was going to be the case no matter what they announced. I'm all for McKay writing an X-Book, don't love Stegman's art all the time but its usually solid, not sure why he drew Cyke like he's a teenager though. I don't really know Simone or Eve Ewing so I don't have much to go on other than the premises announced and if I'm being honest the premise for all three books seems pretty "small" compared to the Krakoa era. I'm nowhere near as excited for this as I was for Hickman's run. I feel like I'm being overly pessimistic but it's just what my gut is telling me. Hopefully I'm wrong and the new era is fantastic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    A team of Archangel, Betsy, Bishop, Polaris, Havok and Iceman would be a great X-Factor IMO
    Where I can buy this! *caplocks*
    Throw in Dazzler. I want her too.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Let’s see. Not super excited at the moment, but it was always gonna be hard to top the lead up to HOXPOX back in 2019

It does feel quite regressive right now, but we only have info on a third of the titles I guess. I’m hoping that the solo titles grab me a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was in the post-Secret Wars All-New X-Men with the male members of the 05 and Laura and Kid Apocalypse. I think she's originally from Wolverine and the X-Men?
    From Generation Hope. She became popular because of WATXM, though. Because writers don't read side titles.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Temper is such a weird codename, that is one change I'm not a fan of.
    It may lead to some confusion with Tempest, another teenage black X-woman who had fire and ice weapons for a time.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 03-15-2024 at 05:33 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    My initial reaction is I feel very underwhelmed by this, but I was pretty certain that unless the mutants went cosmic or something that was going to be the case no matter what they announced. I'm all for McKay writing an X-Book, don't love Stegman's art all the time but its usually solid, not sure why he drew Cyke like he's a teenager though. I don't really know Simone or Eve Ewing so I don't have much to go on other than the premises announced and if I'm being honest the premise for all three books seems pretty "small" compared to the Krakoa era. I'm nowhere near as excited for this as I was for Hickman's run. I feel like I'm being overly pessimistic but it's just what my gut is telling me. Hopefully I'm wrong and the new era is fantastic.
    Simone did Birds of Prey, New 52 Batgirl, and several other DC books. For Marvel she's done Deadpool, Domino, and a Jessica Jones mini called The Variants.

Eve Ewing did Ironheart, Champions, Black Panther, and Photon.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I may lead to some confusion with Tempest, another teenage black X-woman who had fire and ice weapons for a time.
    Now there's someone who could use a new name - due to the original Aqualad at DC also now being called Tempest (he changed his name in the 90s).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-15-2024 at 03:50 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Where I can buy this! *caplocks*
    Throw in Dazzler. I want her too.
    Omg! You are absolutely right! Dazzler is the perfect addition for this team to be mutant perfection.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I will wait until I see future books. I feel like we regressed here after the epic Krakoa saga.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I will wait until I see future books. I feel like we regressed here after the epic Krakoa saga.
    Alittle regressed (Going back to just running and being outlaw super heroes without a real home), but all three books have the teams of popular characters while the third book is for new characters. Nothing groundbreaking like Krakoa for now...

Everybody wants Logan back on the A team and he's in Gail's book, so that will sell more than the other two I guess. Beast fans will be happy to see Hank back to normal. I'm more worried about Eve Ewing's book, why not the already established young mutants instead of her own new mutants to drawn out new readers? Hope that book don't get cancelled....

I want at least one of these X-Men on Gail's team when she starts adding characters:

Thunderbird
    Banshee
    Sunfire
    Dazzler
    Havok

And if none of these make the cut on her team then I want them on either X-Factor or X-Force. These characters are too good to continue to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    Alittle regressed (Going back to just running and being outlaw super heroes without a real home), but all three books have the teams of popular characters while the third book is for new characters. Nothing groundbreaking like Krakoa for now...

Everybody wants Logan back on the A team and he's in Gail's book, so that will sell more than the other two I guess. Beast fans will be happy to see Hank back to normal. I'm more worried about Eve Ewing's book, why not the already established young mutants instead of her own new mutants to drawn out new readers? Hope that book don't get cancelled....

I honestly think this is a reach for nostalgia. All this scattered in the winds to me isn't a sign of elevation. It is a step back. Krakoa was new and Hickman realized it.
    This Direction seems reverted back to the same copy and paste. And what happen to Ms. Marvel? I was excited to see her being in a book, because of her new found mutant powers. I don't see her anywhere.

I think you may be right about the Kids book. Especially being that they are new characters, some people might not take kind to them or the book.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I honestly think this is a reach for nostalgia. All this scattered in the winds to me isn't a sign of elevation. It is a step back. Krakoa was new and Hickman realized it.
    This Direction seems reverted back to the same copy and paste. And what happen to Ms. Marvel? I was excited to see her being in a book, because of her new found mutant powers. I don't see her anywhere.

I think you may be right about the Kids book. Especially being that they are new characters, some people might not take kind to them or the book.
    Admittedly it's the SAME direction Pre Krakoa. But those who didn't like Krakoa era will like this direction....

I just want to see if Ev goes to a team with Jubes or Scott, but nope, nothing and I'll look forward to X-men Unlimited IC if anyone not planned into this 'new' era are getting an arc.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I want at least one of these X-Men on Gail's team when she starts adding characters:

Thunderbird
    Banshee
    Sunfire
    Dazzler
    Havok

And if none of these make the cut on her team then I want them on either X-Factor or X-Force. These characters are too good to continue to ignore them.
    Thunderbird and Dazzler both on Uncanny please.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post

Thunderbird
    Banshee
    Sunfire
    Dazzler
    Havok

I would kill to see Shiro and Ali interact with Rogue again. Seriously. Long, long overdue.

And oof, those poll results! Clearly Sean should be the character who’s co-headlining Ewing’s book with Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    I just want to see if Ev goes to a team with Jubes or Scott, but nope, nothing and I'll look forward to X-men Unlimited IC if anyone not planned into this 'new' era are getting an arc.
    It’s still so unbelievable that Jubes and Ev did not interact this era.

(“It’s unbelievable that [character] and [resurrected character with an important connection and deep history with them] did not interact” has become my Krakoa era catchphrase.)

Gail basically confirmed she'll be writing Monet on Twitter.