View Poll Results: What comic are you MOST excited about from the panel?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uncanny X-Men by Simone & Marquez

39 41.49%
  • X-Men by MacKay & Stegman

24 25.53%
  • Exceptional X-Men by Ewing & Carnero

1 1.06%
  • One of the "coming soon" titles (Phoenix, Storm, NyX, etc.)

30 31.91%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I want to be optimistic but after lord ewing I just don't see how they are going to raise the x any higher. I hope there is some good stuff coming.

I can't wait .

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

How much time as of now?

Different time zone, so I have no clue if I should stay awake.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    How much time as of now?

Different time zone, so I have no clue if I should stay awake.
    Start paying attention in about 24 hours.

in 5 minutes it'll be in 24 hours.

I can’t wait for this. I hope it looks good!
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Fantastic Member

I can’t even imagine the thought process of deciding to follow up Hickman/Gillen/Ewing with Gail Simone and Jed McKay. Seriously?

I like Gail Simone as a writer and will buy her book but she’s going to really need to elevate her game if she’s the one spearheading X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    I can’t even imagine the thought process of deciding to follow up Hickman/Gillen/Ewing with Gail Simone and Jed McKay. Seriously?

I like Gail Simone as a writer and will buy her book but she’s going to really need to elevate her game if she’s the one spearheading X-Men.
    I haven’t read much of Simone’s recent work, but a lot of her old DC stuff was awesome. And McKay is killing it on Avengers right now. I think they have a lot of potential if they are going to be leading the X-line.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Fantastic Member

Simone could probably crush it on something like an X-Force book where she can write characters like Deadpool, domino, cable, etc which are more compatible with her writing style.

Simone could probably crush it on something like an X-Force book where she can write characters like Deadpool, domino, cable, etc which are more compatible with her writing style.
    I’d read it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

I hope I eat tons of crow starting tomorrow, but I'm bracing myself for a profound Corporate Schlock disappointment. I don't think I've ever been this unenthused about an incoming era change.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I hope I eat tons of crow starting tomorrow, but I'm bracing myself for a profound Corporate Schlock disappointment. I don't think I've ever been this unenthused about an incoming era change.
    I haven't been this meh since Rosenberg. I hope I am wrong too but I don't have much faith in Breevort.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Simone and MacKay, yes, but if Brevoort’s looking to make the X-Men Marvel’s biggest (comics) property again I hope he’s assembled a better creative line-up than the leak suggests.

I don't disagree, but I really don't want more Deadpool.

I'm rereading Simone's Secret Six run (pre-new52), and she's really at her best with darker stories and characters. Although, I'm not sure the x-books, or the x-fans, are ready for that. Don't get me wrong, I loved her Birds of Prey series, but Secret Six was on another level.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Yeah, I like Simone but I think she would be a better fit for something like Fantastic Four or even Avengers.