Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I take it Asgard is no longer situated in the Midwest or wherever it was?
    Hasn't been for a while.

Are Gaea and Ashema both currently Earth-based in Marvel?
    Gaea doesn't just make sense to be conceptually tied to Earth, but she's part of the current All-Father Thor comic where he meets her after going deep underground from a dangerous location in Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Gaea doesn't just make sense to be conceptually tied to Earth, but she's part of the current All-Father Thor comic where he meets her after going deep underground from a dangerous location in Norway.
    So, Gaea and Ashema.

Who have DC got on that tier?

(Not that Gaea’s on the tier of a Celestial.)
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So, Gaea and Ashema.

Who have DC got on that tier?

(Not that Gaea’s on the tier of a Celestial.)
    True. Still pretty high up there, on a level where a DC superspeed brick isn't really going to accomplish a whole lot of anything against her.

Good one, Duckster.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Amazing Member

Rita Farr can stretch far enough to reach or contain the Overvoid (bigger than the multiverse and whatnot, which there's a very technical argument she might have been able to destroy). It's not immediately clear what she can do at that size, but also difficult to imagine anyone else harming her, so... Forced draw, possibly?

There's a random cosmic horror going by Ms Ginkgo that recently swore vengeance on Deadpool and his partner. She's mostly in human form, married to a female serial killer, and technically sleepwalking, for the most part. What she doesn't really have are feats.

Gotham City's been chatting to Renee Montoya recently, whereas Arakko is now on Mars, I think. Does anyone else start off at that scale?

People are sleeping on Thessaly as a relatively big magical gun here, although she may need more time (possibly even prep-time) to get going properly.
    Last edited by Alias; 03-13-2024 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Accidentally typed "Promethea" instead of "Thessaly"
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

Amazing Member

Is Yelena Belova still a Super Adaptoid?
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    Is Yelena Belova still a Super Adaptoid?
    I’m sorry wut?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Astonishing Member

I’m sorry wut?
    She was turned into the Super Adaptoid back during the New Avengers years, she was able to copy at least partially Sentry's powers among other powers, until Bob messed her up manifesting the Void into her mind, she couldn't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    You can add Circe and Mary Marvel in to the DC magic side.

Also, all the Amazonians from Themiscara would be on this list. Vixen hasn’t been mentioned yet either.
    We are forgetting a couple generations worth of heroes to look at, most notable among them is Raven.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    We are forgetting a couple generations worth of heroes to look at, most notable among them is Raven.
    I'm sure Mary Marvel (who was in movies recently and I almost name-dropped her) and Raven are well known enough, it might be they can't contribute enough depending on what they currently do, which in my case I have no idea about.

Astonishing Member

A character I forgot about for the Marvel side that would be interesting on a certain tier is Avril Kincaid Quasar, who during Avengers Standoff blasted through a Graviton forcefield that was keeping out Jane Foster Thor, Sam Alexander Nova, Iron Man, Human Torch, Doctor Voodoo, Vision, Miles Morales Spider-Man, Cable, Quicksilver and others. She also destroyed the Planetary Defense Shield covering the Earth that villains were using during Secret Empire to also give hell to heroes.

And dwelling about Solarus having the Void because it's an interesting question, I was thinking it could be something too associated with Bob and his mental state (schizophrenic, agoraphobic with social anxiety and hard drug addiction) and because it was revealed Bob actually became the Void when drinking the serum, but because he wasn't remotely Cletus Kasady he then created the Sentry persona as a counterbalance influenced by his love of drawing cartoony/comic stuff. But it was also revealed the Powers That Be destroyed the serum because it could work on any rando like Bob and the Void said he also didn't want billions of Sentries and Voids around, which implies that even if Scout, who drank a serum replica, and Mallory and company who got a power transfer, didn't manifest a Void persona (Scout had the powers comparatively for 5 minutes, didn't even have the time to make himself a new costume like the others got), it's possible that because no human is perfect or pure a Void can be included in the package later on, because Sentry's powers have always been very mentally based. We'll see.

But just the Revenant Prime Sentry zombie Mallory got the powers from was durable enough Harvestman Strange's scythe given to him by Lady Death (which was able to cut Sorcerer Supreme Clea's Crimson Bands of Cyttorak and decapitate Revenant Eric Masterson Thunderstrike in one hit) couldn't stop him, it cut into his biceps but not all the way through and didn't make Sentry budge at all from the chokehold he had on Clea, he then slapped Strange away with the other arm. So in addition to that kind of stuff and the range of powers Mallory got (including invisibility when she was just getting used to her initial share of powers, and which was an ability brought up from all the way back when Absorbing Man copied New Avengers Sentry's powers partially to fight him), I think it's plausible she's really getting the full package.

And Galacta might still not be canon but she's actually returning in the Marvel Rivals videogame at least.

Last edited by Wildling; 03-27-2024 at 11:46 PM.