Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Women of Marvel vs Women of DC

Since today is International Women's Day, and because at least Marvel has released projects about the women in Marvel, let's have a Rumble about both superhero universes fighting each other in the Arena. To keep it as simple as possible, just current versions, and only women currently based on Earth.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Like a lot of things Marvel vs. DC, DC has a lot of speed and physical power, Marvel has loads of psychics and weird magic stuff.

Marvel might win if the DC ladies didn't bother to actually use their superpowers, but otherwise it's the DC girls' fight to lose.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Like a lot of things Marvel vs. DC, DC has a lot of speed and physical power, Marvel has loads of psychics and weird magic stuff.

Marvel might win if the DC ladies didn't bother to actually use their superpowers, but otherwise it's the DC girls' fight to lose.
    I had a similar impression even if I really don't know what DC is up to these days, other than Superman being stronger than Post-Crisis (and maybe all other Kryptonians too if they still get the same powers under the Sun), Shazam being able to use more magic, and Batman's history becoming more convoluted and with access to better armors.

But the Marvel side doesn't just have the likes of Captain Marvel (who now can become Binary with just a cistern truck explosion), Scarlet Witch (who is described as a living Darkhold after absorbing it and Chthon and who contained a black hole), Clea Strange and the crowd of mutants that could certainly add a lot of telepathy, but what could equalize things further is the Marvel side would include Solarus (Mallory Gibbs, a woman who inherited the powers of the Sentry).

Oh yeah, isn't the new Thor a female as well. Thor's speed feats are always kind of nebulous, but does she have anything solid?

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah, isn't the new Thor a female as well. Thor's speed feats are always kind of nebulous, but does she have anything solid?
    Jane Foster hasn't been Thor for a while, she became Valkyrie after that.

There's She-Hulk who became as strong as Banner Hulk, but I don't know if that's still the case.

Monica Rambeau is pretty fast if she's currently around.

The problem is, DC has Perpetua, a being who creates and destroys multiverses. On top of that you have Dee Dee Death and Elaine Belloc who is God.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    The problem is, DC has Perpetua, a being who creates and destroys multiverses. On top of that you have Dee Dee Death and Elaine Belloc who is God.
    I don't know Perpetua's origin admittedly, but I decided to make the thread with current Earth characters on Women's Day with the idea of keeping the thread as manageable, or competitive, as possible rather than include characters that can be more remote, thinking the likes of Carol Ferris and Jessica Cruz would know about that day rather than, you know, Soranik Natu or Apokolips residents.

Because if you allow every continuity ever this thread is just thrown at the feet of somebody like Vertigo Elaine Belloc. Even just discussing current Marvel could have Lady Death pop in.

Edit: better example.
    Last edited by Wildling; 03-09-2024 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I don't know Perpetua's origin admittedly, but I decided to make the thread with current Earth characters on Women's Day with the idea of keeping the thread as manageable, or competitive, as possible rather than include characters that can be more remote, thinking the likes of Carol Ferris and Jessica Cruz would know about that day rather than, you know, Soranik Natu or Apokolips residents.

Because if you allow every continuity ever this thread is just thrown at the feet of somebody like Vertigo Elaine Belloc. Even just discussing current Marvel could have Lady Death pop in.

Edit: better example.
    DC has its own Death. Often in the form of a hot goth girl by those she allows to see her, bit yeah.

I mean, the combo of Wonder Woman and Zatanna, the top heavy hitters in both physical and magical abilities (without going full Perpetua kind of deal), are a hell of a combo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    DC has its own Death. Often in the form of a hot goth girl by those she allows to see her, bit yeah.

I mean, the combo of Wonder Woman and Zatanna, the top heavy hitters in both physical and magical abilities (without going full Perpetua kind of deal), are a hell of a combo.
    I know about DC's Death, but that was from quite a while ago and I don't know if DC is currently using her. I'd prefer to avoid characters who visit or manifest on Earth just on occassion while their duties are elsewhere or their powers have a broader scope, like Lady Sif who is currently guarding the Bifrost replacing Heimdall. Clea is from the Dark Dimension but is currently with Stephen Strange in the Sanctum Sanctorum and deals with menaces in Earth or manifesting in Earth, that would be the distinction I'd like to make.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Monica Rambeau is a helluva member for Marvel side. Light speed reactions, can't be punched out in her energy form, can zip through your retina to scramble your brain. I even heard she presented a credible planet busting threat in the last decade. She's shut down a lot of the blitz options. I don't think current Wonder Woman is fast enough to tag her, but post crisis might have had a low chance to catch her with the lasso which might revert Moniva to a human, punchable form.

Next biggest challenge sounds like this Solaris lady. Did she inherit the fully upgraded Sentry powers? Did she inherit the Void too? Is she more mentally stable than Bob?

And then for slower folks Wanda still sounds broken as hell, but she'd need some passive defenses to survive an opening blitz/salvo.

Does current Cheetah exceed light speed? If she can go first and grab Wonder Woman's weapons, it might help take out a few problem ladies. That's the best chance I can think of for DC without getting super in the weeds.

Amazing Member

For obscure characters most of us won't have heard of, which is generally what these threads seem to come down to, Sin Lance is currently possessed by (but in control of) Megaera, one of the Greek Furies, who previously seemed well above Wonder Woman and Big Barda, let alone the rest of the Birds of Prey.

She's still not above getting embarrassed by Cassandra Cain in training though, which is always nice to see.
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

Astonishing Member

Given Power Girl, Supergirl, Mary Marvel, Jessica Cruz - GL, Black Alice to temporarily disable magic types, WW for a slugfest - that's a tough crew.

Does Marvel get that female herald of Galactus or is she off in space?

Didn't Galactus have a daughter in the comics at one point?

Didn't Galactus have a daughter in the comics at one point?
    Still does. She pops up occasionally, but usually in more comedic books.

Edit: But she doesn’t compare with the Deaths, and certainly not Elaine Belloc or Perpetua.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Astonishing Member

There was one female incarnation of the Spectre if you want to time travel to get her. Female Fate also.

Given there are 3 billion Daxamites, you could sun dip half to them, but that's in space.