Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All Spider-man movies but the 70s ones heading back to movies summer

All the spider-man movies minus the 70s hammand ones will head back to the big-screen this summer so you can go see spider-man 2 on the big-screen again!

https://comicbookmovie.com/spider_ma...summer-a209807

Sony really wants to remind people they make Spider-Man movies. (and maybe someone needs to make some money to save their job? Not sure how that works)

Would have been fun if they did release the 70s movies as well.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

First poster says 7 movies are coming but only 3 got made. A 4th would have been a team up with the tv show hulk but never got off the ground. And yes, third movie has spidey fighting ninjas. The movies were released by columbia pictures on the big-screen in other countries.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 03-10-2024 at 07:27 AM.

I really wish the latest round of films had a role for Nicholas Hammond. Also for the Spider-Verse cartoons. He could be a voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I really wish the latest round of films had a role for Nicholas Hammond. Also for the Spider-Verse cartoons. He could be a voice.
    I had heard they wanted him in "No Way Home" because they wanted every live action version, but Universal is asking a ridiculous amount of a share in the profits to use a character most of the audience doesn't even know existed.

Also read an interview with Hammond, who wanted to do it and talked about how he hated that the series removed every motive that Peter Parker had for becoming Spider-Man. No Uncle Ben. No thief. Nothing. He hoped "No Way Home" could make it clear these things did happen to his version, which would have been an older man who once was Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 03-12-2024 at 06:44 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

This is awesome news
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I had heard they wanted him in "No Way Home" because they wanted every live action version, but Universal is asking a ridiculous amount of a share in the profits to use a character most of the audience doesn't even know existed.
    They could've still given him a cameo as anything other than Peter Parker -- too bad. I wonder if there was any thought to bring in Jake Johnson for a Peter Parker cameo as well.

He had a cameo in the first toby movie.

Also read an interview with Hammond, who wanted to do it and talked about how he hated that the series removed every motive that Peter Parker had for becoming Spider-Man. No Uncle Ben. No thief. Nothing. He hoped "No Way Home" could make it clear these things did happen to his version, which would have been an older man who once was Spider-Man.
    Shinji Todo as well?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I always thought those things did happen to Holland's Peter--we just didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He had a cameo in the first toby movie.
    I don't recall this. What was his cameo?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I always thought those things did happen to Holland's Peter--we just didn't see it.

I don't recall this. What was his cameo?
    He was just a random extra in the background in one of the crowd scenes when Green Goblin attacks
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    He was just a random extra in the background in one of the crowd scenes when Green Goblin attacks
    Geez...the disrespect. LOL
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Would have been fun if they did release the 70s movies as well.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

First poster says 7 movies are coming but only 3 got made. A 4th would have been a team up with the tv show hulk but never got off the ground. And yes, third movie has spidey fighting ninjas. The movies were released by columbia pictures on the big-screen in other countries.
    Maybe for the best they don't. Revisiting something you loved in childhood can be really cringy. Batman'66 taught me that.

From what I've seen/remember the Spider-man TV movies/series are kind of stuck in their time/limitations of 70's TV; at least Incredible Hulk had a more flexible formula and Lou was kind of convincing as the Hulk, plus Bixby as an extremely likeable lead.

It seems a lot of the plots were generally attempts at Bond-style stuff which generally isn't the best fit for Spidey with some exceptions, like if he's working with Silver Sable or the occasional storylines involving his parents.

I think Stan thought the Japanese series was actually closer in tone to the comics, although even further from the source material, it at least had over-the-top villains and a more acrobatic spider-man.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Could have been worse. Could have been this spider-man making a cameo!

[IMG][/IMG]

Pretty much a crook who can clone himself poses as spider-man and "captain america" and "santo" are called in to fight him. Full of blood, gore, naked woman in a shower and a killer hamster!

Don't you love overseas knockoff movies!