Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I agree, we're probably seeing many more books soon. We also have two teams, lead by Rogue and Kitty. Unless they duel for screentime in the flagship book, there's gotta be a book for each of them. And I don't think one of those teams would be Young X, considering all the team members we've seen are old as balls.

X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez
    Hellion might be on this team.

Sentinels by Alex Paknadel
    Hellion could replace his prosthetics with Sentinel hands and lead a team of robots.

Young X by Eve Ewing
    Possible Young/New X-Men book. Tbh there are a lot of pre-established teen characters who could use some love. As long as we're not getting a bunch of OCs, I'd be fine with this.

Tbh Ewing's Ironheart was the best Riri has ever gotten. I was meh on Ewing's Champions run, but Covid messed everything up before things even got out the door, so I can't judge her for that.

Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    Hellion could be his student, training to be a master leader like Cyke.

Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Hellion shows up to unbutton her blouse again.

Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    They build on Wolverine being pissy towards him. Finally deal with that issue. Possible Helix reunion? But regardless, Ahmed won me over with his Miles Morales run. Him and MacKay have my attention, even if I'm not on board with this era at the moment.

Mystique by Declan Shalvey
    Mystique uses her powers to become all of Hellion's love interests, so they can create a new generation of X-Men to destroy their mutual enemies. Ofc this will only be a single issue, as bringing Hellion in would just be her way of continuing her favorite hobby of giving birth to random children for no reason, probably so she can abandon them at the mall while she shoplifts from Foot Locker. She'll immediately ditch the kids with Hellion to do whatever she feels like doing at the moment. But this does mean we now have multiple Hellions running around!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This list was shared with me and a few others about a month ago, but it’s definitely unconfirmed and should be taken as fun speculation at this point. Even if it is real, however, I wouldn't be surprised if it's only part of the list. I mean, if Jean and Scott are getting solos—that’s presuming Phoenix is centered on Jean because how could it not be?—I can't fathom Ororo not getting a solo. We’ll see.
    Ask your sources if Hellion is in any book. I need my fix. I'm sure I can offer something in exchange.
    Last edited by Rift; 03-10-2024 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I can't imagine any of the solos being more than mini series with the exception of Wolverine (Capullo on Wolverine has been pretty much a given since he announced his return...where else would Marvel put him) and with a great big maaaaaaybeeeee Cyclops. I did love Mystique's last ongoing using her as a spy type character, but I dont feel that's where the character is at right this moment and Declan Shalvey would make it an interesting ride. Stephanie Phillips on Phoenix...she's not done anything that has just wowed me but nothing that has just fallen flat either, so it's a wait and see.
    X-Men by Gail is a given and having Marquez along for the ride would be exquisite. Sentinels and Young X (which agreed really should be rounded up to Young X-Men) are interesting choices...but I could also see Kitty helming at title called Sentinels with a rather more aggressive group of characters, sort of a natural extension of what Marauders was supposed to be.

As stated, there's no way this can be the final roster of books. If we have some kind of return to quo then where is the Uncanny X-Men, unless Gail is getting that title and it just wasn't filled in. We already know something is brewing with Storm, could that warrant another series for her? Again though...where's titles for X-Factor, X-Force, Excalibur, New Mutants...or any other group? I would love to see some of the title count being given to some solo minis for characters who are borderline popular...could we get a mini series for Polaris, Penance, Magik, Bishop, Kid Omega, Firestar....everyone has their favorites and it could be fun to see happen...that's obviously just a dream though.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So all white solos out the gate. I'm taking this with a grain of salt.
    Wise as even at the end of the article Rich Johnston says, "So, anyway, take this list with the largest amount of salt ever. We will learn more at SXSW. Because right now? I'm stumped."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

With my luck, I expect Young X to feature Ms Marvel, Rasputin, Kid Omega, Bling, Teen Cable and a couple of Cuckoos. Oh, and freakin Wrongslide, of course.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...medium=twitter

X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez
    Sentinels by Alex Paknadel
    Young X by Eve Ewing
    Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    Mystique by Declan Shalvey
    No way, no Storm book, no X-Force, and most importantly no Uncanny.

With '97 and mutants being introduced into the MCU there will be 3-4 team books with all the classic mutants.

Stephanie Phillips? Poor Jean. Wasn't "Rogue and Gambit" enough?

They'll certainly shoehorn Ms. Marvel into whatever Young X-Men book there is.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, four solos but no X-Force? I also would think that they'd bring back Uncanny now as well.
    Sentinels could be the new X-Force type book. I could see it being the black ops book led by Shadowkat and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    They'll certainly shoehorn Ms. Marvel into whatever Young X-Men book there is.
    You’re probably right.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

If this list is even close to being accurate it would be very disappointing and my jumping off point.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I’m sure it’s not the final list.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

There’s no way there’s not an X-Force book… That title sells on name alone.

A pretty underwhelming list if it is true though. I’m not expecting it to be the launching line though, so many solo titles are risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sentinels could be the new X-Force type book. I could see it being the black ops book led by Shadowkat and Emma.
    The speculation for Breevort taking over is because the books weren't selling well and it wouldn't make sense (IMO) to leave off the bigger titles. Unless there is an X-force book that wasn't leaked.

As much as I want Emma back in a school teacher role and keeping the relationship she had with the Cuckoos based off the teaser I can see her being in a more aggressive(?) book.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

The Shalvey-penned Mystique book could be true actually, he teased this in his “2024 projects” newsletter. It’s staring us right in the face…

PROJECT RAVEN pitch is being developed. This will [if approved] be a work for hire project taking up the first half of the year. I’m optimistic that it’s happening, but pitches have evaporated before so I guess we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    The Shalvey-penned Mystique book could be true actually, he teased this in his “2024 projects” newsletter. It’s staring us right in the face…

PROJECT RAVEN pitch is being developed. This will [if approved] be a work for hire project taking up the first half of the year. I’m optimistic that it’s happening, but pitches have evaporated before so I guess we’ll see.
    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post

I’m thinking this list is legit, or partially legit at least. I heard from another source that Saladin and Capullo were the new Wolverine creative team earlier today.

It sounds either wrong or incomplete to me due to Uncanny X-Men and X-Force being missing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman