Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Judging by May's solicits it looks like something may happen to Hope in the last issue of X-Men Forever which sounds plausible. If Hope leaves then that may very well gut the resurrection protocols. Meanwhile the cover of Rise 5 which comes out after has Jean as Phoenix. I have no idea of what's going to happen to Jean at the end of RotPox which is why I'm kinda nervous about Thursday's news.
    I feel you. I’m worried about Cable and whether he’s going to show up anywhere, become the Heir of Apocalypse (and ergo possibly a villain), or what. Hoping for something cool involving him.

With my other favorite being Wolverine, however, at least I know I won’t walk away totally bummed even if there’s no Cable news on Thursday. Logan is my safety net. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m usually not the type to dislike what a creator put out so much to NEVER want try their stuff again, but her Rogue & Gambit mini was one of the worst things I’ve ever read. And literally all she had to do to make it work as series was write the title characters as a functional couple. But it was 5 issue of people thinking they were gonna get a divorce based on how poorly they were being portrayed.
    Yeah Rogue and Gambit was rough and I also thought they were on their way to divorce or a long separation. I haven't read her other stuff but R&G didn't leave a great taste in my mouth.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m usually not the type to dislike what a creator put out so much to NEVER want try their stuff again, but her Rogue & Gambit mini was one of the worst things I’ve ever read. And literally all she had to do to make it work as series was write the title characters as a functional couple. But it was 5 issue of people thinking they were gonna get a divorce based on how poorly they were being portrayed.
    It was pretty bad but I'm half-thinking part of that was on editorial.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I feel you. I’m worried about Cable and whether he’s going to show up anywhere, become the Heir of Apocalypse (and ergo possibly a villain), or what. Hoping for something cool involving him.

With my other favorite being Wolverine, however, at least I know I won’t walk away totally bummed even if there’s no Cable news on Thursday. Logan is my safety net. Ha.
    Thanks. Last time Jean ascended into the White Hot Room she did not return for a decade. I don't want to have to wait years for her to come back again. And I'm hoping for good things for Cable and Wolverine as well.

I’d be shocked if the Phoenix book is announced on Thursday and it doesn’t feature Jean. If anything, it feels like Hope is going to do something to bring Jean back with the Phoenix, and we may not see Hope for awhile. Which is fine. While I love her father-daughter dynamic with Cable, she’s gotten a lot of shine during the Krakoan era. Would be fine with them shelving her for awhile, and especially if it brings back Jean. And Cable himself needs a shakeup or a new status quo or something, otherwise he might get shelved alongside his daughter. Marvel seems to struggle with what to do with him lately and how to fit him into things. At least in my view.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I hope this is wrong because none of this excites me at all.

Ok I’ve thought about it some more:

Jed McKay on Cyclops may be in my wheelhouse
    And if Young X had a good team and artist it might be in my wheel house as well.

But it should be called Young X-Men
    None of this is the kind of impact I felt on the Hickman era. Young X has me curious unless it's a B team book with the younger mutants. I'll give Gail's run a try, but it isn't something new to be excited about. It's official, Scott and Jean are going solo. Young X-men is New X-men/Academy X mutants

I am way out of the loop...

What kind of announcement(s) are we expecting Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I am way out of the loop...

What kind of announcement(s) are we expecting Thursday?
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/x-...marvel-comics/

Presumably more information on the relaunch in June / July. Maybe creative teams and artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/x-...marvel-comics/

Presumably more information on the relaunch in June / July. Maybe creative teams and artwork.
    Much appreciated, thank you!

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d be shocked if the Phoenix book is announced on Thursday and it doesn’t feature Jean. If anything, it feels like Hope is going to do something to bring Jean back with the Phoenix, and we may not see Hope for awhile. Which is fine. While I love her father-daughter dynamic with Cable, she’s gotten a lot of shine during the Krakoan era. Would be fine with them shelving her for awhile, and especially if it brings back Jean. And Cable himself needs a shakeup or a new status quo or something, otherwise he might get shelved alongside his daughter. Marvel seems to struggle with what to do with him lately and how to fit him into things. At least in my view.
    If the foreshadow variant is of any indication then spoilers:
    it looks like the list may very well be right as the cover depicts Phoenix alongside the recent redesign of Eternity implying there will be a Phoenix. It also seems like the Phoenix on the cover is Jean as she's got red hair, Jean's hairstyle, and a costume that draws elements from Jean's older costumes.
    end of spoilers