Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Which will be the fastest way to make sure I don't buy a Phoenix ongoing. What is with Marvel and making everyone but Jean the Phoenix? I know, I know, it's just a rumor.
    If Jean isn't involved in this title then I'll pass too. I really don't mind other people hosting the Phoenix but if Jean doesn't show up in this era then I'll be upset. She's already been gone for a decade, I'd rather Jean be wallpaper then killed off.

Mighty Member

Sounds awful.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Don't believe this but if X-Men is the Rogue classic X-Men team then I feel Emma and Kitty are gonna be teachers on Young X-Men which is fine and Storm will head up Sentinels. I really feel Storm's preview was indicating a book with a political leaning rather then her putting on a suit to be Professor O.
    Isn't that what Claremont originally wanted for Storm? To be the new Professor X?

I also am a bit disappointed about with all the solos . I would prefer team books like a new X-Facor, and Uncanny. ect, ect.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-11-2024 at 06:36 PM.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    I heard about phoenix book about 2 months ago and jean wasn’t mentioned but someone else
    When this rumor first hit the internet, some assumed it was about Jean and some assumed it was about Hope. Not sure anyone knows definitively.

The other books are named after main characters, so it seems odd that the Phoenix book would be about a secondary character like Hope instead of a main one like Jean. A Jean book would likely be more successful.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    as much **** as liefeld takes on these boards he would easily outsell half these books and creators and it would not even be close
    Only half?!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Who? Hope?
    Hope and Rachel have both played host to the Force, but of the two only Rachel has actually called herself Phoenix for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Hope and Rachel have both played host to the Force, but of the two only Rachel has actually called herself Phoenix for any length of time.
    Yeah but Immortal X-Men and the Jean solo has been dealing with the Phoenix with both Jean and Hope involved... With Hope using the Phoenix by mimicing Jean, and she's lowkey Gillen's pet character. Meanwhile Rachel has been doing her own thing as Askani with Xavier and the Dead X-Men so I don't see much Phoenix foreshadowing/buildup for her.

Honestly while I hated that Rachel was sidelined for AvX, I think she's got something going on right now rather good so I"m ok with her not having the title.

Expect everything except for X-Men and Wolverine to be a 4 issue mini.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Isn't that what Claremont originally wanted for Storm? To be the new Professor X?

I also am a bit disappointed about with all the solos . I would prefer team books like a new X-Facor, and Uncanny. ect, ect.
    They’re probably using the solos to renew copyright on the names, honestly.

Just need the Cyclops solo comic to be true, specially if the creative team is correct.

Failing Cyclops getting a solo, a important role in a team book by Jed McKay could be enough.

But, we have to remember that Gail Simone was talking about how great Cyclops is, was one of the first signs she was going to the X-Office, so one could think she would be handling the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...medium=twitter

X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez
    Sentinels by Alex Paknadel
    Young X by Eve Ewing
    Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    Mystique by Declan Shalvey
    I will miss AL Ewing if this is true but X men and Phoenix are strong
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    When this rumor first hit the internet, some assumed it was about Jean and some assumed it was about Hope. Not sure anyone knows definitively.

The other books are named after main characters, so it seems odd that the Phoenix book would be about a secondary character like Hope instead of a main one like Jean. A Jean book would likely be more successful.
    Well if the leaks are correct its going to be written by Stephanie Philips. Which I'm not entirely familiar with her catalogue, but she used her Cosmic Ghost Rider from last year to set-up and create female Cosmic Ghost Rider of all things.

So we have a writer who is willing create a spin-off character of a spin-off character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Well if the leaks are correct its going to be written by Stephanie Philips. Which I'm not entirely familiar with her catalogue, but she used her Cosmic Ghost Rider from last year to set-up and create female Cosmic Ghost Rider of all things.

So we have a writer who is willing create a spin-off character of a spin-off character.
    I’m usually not the type to dislike what a creator put out so much to NEVER want try their stuff again, but her Rogue & Gambit mini was one of the worst things I’ve ever read. And literally all she had to do to make it work as series was write the title characters as a functional couple. But it was 5 issue of people thinking they were gonna get a divorce based on how poorly they were being portrayed.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah but Immortal X-Men and the Jean solo has been dealing with the Phoenix with both Jean and Hope involved... With Hope using the Phoenix by mimicing Jean, and she's lowkey Gillen's pet character. Meanwhile Rachel has been doing her own thing as Askani with Xavier and the Dead X-Men so I don't see much Phoenix foreshadowing/buildup for her.
    Judging by May's solicits it looks like something may happen to Hope in the last issue of X-Men Forever which sounds plausible. If Hope leaves then that may very well gut the resurrection protocols. Meanwhile the cover of Rise 5 which comes out after has Jean as Phoenix. I have no idea of what's going to happen to Jean at the end of RotPox which is why I'm kinda nervous about Thursday's news.