Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

And it's not clear what kind of book Emma and Kitty are getting, they also were present in that teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...medium=twitter

X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez
    Sentinels by Alex Paknadel
    Young X by Eve Ewing
    Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    Mystique by Declan Shalvey
    I've wanted to see Gail take on the X-Men since forever, but unless a LOT of Krakoa is undone... as in erased from reality, I don't even see much of a point in this NEW direction.

You can't just go the wrong way, run over a family with your car and then say 'oops, wrong way' and just change direction as if nothing happened. That is not fixing anything and it is certainly not getting fans to come back.

I'm taking anything leaked or even hinted at on-panel right now as little more than nothing. It's most-likely a little fact(Gail on X-Men) and a lot of misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hellion could replace his prosthetics with Sentinel hands and lead a team of robots.
    I'm shocked you seem to forgot Hellion's Sentinel hatred. I'm pretty sure it will be a book about Nimrod and Omega on the run from a vengeful, furious Hellion.

Going off this image…

… I’m going to say that…

1) (Uncanny) X-men is the Rogue led book with Gambit, Logan, Nightcrawler and some others.
    2) Sentinels is the Shadowkat led book with Emma that replaces X-Force as the black ops / mutant CIA book.
    3) Young X-men is Storm led and sees her running the school or something.

I guess the future is female, as all teams are led by women. No issues with that personally.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    The Shalvey-penned Mystique book could be true actually, he teased this in his “2024 projects” newsletter. It’s staring us right in the face…

PROJECT RAVEN pitch is being developed. This will [if approved] be a work for hire project taking up the first half of the year. I’m optimistic that it’s happening, but pitches have evaporated before so I guess we’ll see.
    I don't know him, but reading his wiki, a Mystique book would indeed be right up his alley.
    I wonder, if he talks about "half a year", if all those hinted series are just minis ?

Can't wait to see how greg capullo draws the new wolverine costume with sleeves

If all this is true it will be interesting to see how it goes. At first when these rumors initially came out some thought it looked like Brevoort and company were going at the X-men how the Avengers line once was - a main team book and then some solos for the big hitters (like Captain America, Thor, etc.). But now with what we have heard I wonder..

Gail Simone with the main book that we presume has Rogue and Gambit (perhaps Rogue as a leader), and then we have some major player with solo books like Scott, Wolverine, and we presume Jean. Mystique as a solo is interesting.

I think a Scott and Jean solo sounds like something I would read especially if they have a great supporting cast. After the Krakoa era it would be difficult to go back to just a few characters getting focus (even if they are our favorites). I definitely want to see Storm and Iceman land somewhere (among others).

Hopefully on Thursday we'll get some confirmations on these rumors.

Mighty Member

A bit off-topic, but I never got the fascination with wanting a comic with the "Uncanny" adjective, it feels like schematics at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm shocked you seem to forgot Hellion's Sentinel hatred. I'm pretty sure it will be a book about Nimrod and Omega on the run from a vengeful, furious Hellion.
    I didn't forget, though I like your idea a lot. He hates robots in general, too. But I figured he could lead them off a cliff. Or, in true Hellion fashion, it could be a story where he grows to like his team of misfit killer robots. It's absolutely his MO to hate everyone else, but then turn around and defend his friend group to the death.

Like yeah they commit genocide against his people. But these robots are HIS friends, and the only mutants they've killed are people who he didn't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

I like how the article is about Rich owning up to all of this speculation so far not seeming to be turning out to be happening, then gives us a list of rumored titles of which he says he is even doubtful, and there is this much talk about it.

This is def fake, unless theres more books. Cause what do you mean half of the line is consisting of solo books…like that doesnt even make sense
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Young X by Eve Ewing
    I'm curious about Cyclops,Young X, Sentinels and Wolverine.

Cyclops always felt like the hardest character to spin off on his own so I'm curious what McKay has in store.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious about Cyclops,Young X, Sentinels and Wolverine.

Cyclops always felt like the hardest character to spin off on his own so I'm curious what McKay has in store.
    I love Cyke, but I'm betting his title is more of a limited series rather than a true ongoing.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I wonder if Sentinels is gonna be about them getting sentience. Or it's gonna be about Bastion, Master Mold, Nimrod etc. Maybe Karima might get some focus.

Young X by Eve Ewing
    Just based off this list if it were to be relased as-is:
    X-Men and *Young X* are automatic pick ups due to Gail and *Al Ewing*
    Sentinels has my interest just from the name so I will see what it involves.
    Mystique and Phoenix are on the 'wait and see list' (*Young X has been moved here since it was pointed out it is Eve not Al Ewing*)
    Cyclops and Wolverine are skips unless Wolverine is about Laura.
    Last edited by JamJams; 03-10-2024 at 03:57 PM.