Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^You had it going on!
    By high school, at any rate. I had glasses and was awkward in elementary school, so I wasn't close to being popular.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    By high school, at any rate. I had glasses and was awkward in elementary school, so I wasn't close to being popular.
    ^^^Wow, remember when that (popularity) used to be so damn important?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Whatever happened to...

Kate Spencer, MANHUNTER

Cameron CHASE

Sasha Bordeaux
    Three of DCs absolute best outputs ever

PANDORA ... Was there a point to her?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    PANDORA ... Was there a point to her?
    ^^^I’ll see your Pandora and raise you a Crimson Avenger. Never saw the point.

Honestly, with her, I think the point was rebuild the cast of the Seven Soldiers of Victory with a bit more diversity and power. Plus, she came in on the wave of John's retooling many Golden Age heroes for "modern times." While she actually didn't peak my intrest nor rock my world, I have to say that she is a rehashed character that really doesn't bother me. IMHO, she could use a better look, though.

Peace

Absolutely loved the new Crimson Avenger. Her purpose/story was obvious as a reluctant legacy character.
    I don't see any parallel to Pandora outside of both using dual guns.
    That bullethole theme costume could use an upgrade, though I appreciate the more realistic take on a bullet hole than from the earlier takes on the Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Honestly, with her, I think the point was rebuild the cast of the Seven Soldiers of Victory with a bit more diversity and power. Plus, she came in on the wave of John's retooling many Golden Age heroes for "modern times." While she actually didn't peak my intrest nor rock my world, I have to say that she is a rehashed character that really doesn't bother me. IMHO, she could use a better look, though.

Peace

Peace
    ^^^Its one of the few times during Johns’ JSA run that I disagreed w. him. The character was awful (with an awful look to boot), the reasoning blatant, and the execution poor.

Astonishing Member

I agree, it's pretty clear in Stars and Stripes that Johns wanted to rebuild the SSoV with a combination of old and new characters. Of course, Morrison beat him to it. Same deal with the Freedom Fighters that he did rebuild before they got killed off in IC for the new Morrison versions.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; Today at 10:27 AM.

I really liked that Crimson Avenger.(not like anyone else was using the name) A bit like the Spectre, but not OP and "cursed" with magical guns. I thought she had a lot of potential, though she probably needed to lose the "constantly bleeding bullet wound" feature (or at least cover it up with something more than a croptop) - it's kinda gross and wouldn't translate well to outside media. Aside from that, I don't get the comparison to Pandora. CA was just a new character, but Pandora was introduced at the end of Flashpoint as the lynchpin to the new52. There was a mystery built around her as bring critical to this new continuity. But then they did nothing with that and DC got rid of her when they realized they wanted to use Dr Manhattan instead.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I really liked that Crimson Avenger.(not like anyone else was using the name) A bit like the Spectre, but not OP and "cursed" with magical guns. I thought she had a lot of potential, though she probably needed to lose the "constantly bleeding bullet wound" feature (or at least cover it up with something more than a croptop) - it's kinda gross and wouldn't translate well to outside media.
    The new Crimson Avenger in the crop top and trench coat looked more like a MARVEL character than DC, if that makes sense. If they hadn't been contemporary "new female legacy incarnations of a character", Avenger could have rocked the tailored Film Noir chic of Renee Montoya as the QUESTION and key into the legacy of that Mystery Man aspect of the CRIMSON AVENGER classic. (or PANDORA's look now that I think of it, full circle!)

Last edited by Thirteen; Today at 04:51 PM.