Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Original God of War trilogy, at least in terms of designs.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Really......?
    Zeus as an ******* who everyone loves despite being the cause of most of the problems? That's pretty spot on, actually.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would say The Clash of the Titans because they were portrayed as noble but also as jealous scheming assholes. They bickered amongst themselves and humans paid the price. Which is pretty accurate from mythology.
    Agree. I read a lot of classic Greek mythology in my day. Was surprised by how 'human' they were -- very unlike the way they were portrayed in Wonder Woman and Shazam stories. COTT captured that quality. I didn't like the reboot at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Zeus as an ******* who everyone loves despite being the cause of most of the problems? That's pretty spot on, actually.
    But everything else was pretty bad though...

Just gonna put this here...

American Gods.

But everything else was pretty bad though...
    Not everything else. The very beginning where we see Gorr become the God-killer is excellent. The rest doesn't meet the expectations the opening scene sets up, though. Which actually makes the movie seem worse - it starts strong, only to fall into heavy tonal whiplash and is a lesser version of the previous movie, with higher stakes yet a less serious tone to sell those stakes.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 03-15-2024 at 05:58 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Really......?
    Absolutely, even had the right accent, not that silly Shakespearean faldarol.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Not everything else. The very beginning where we see Gorr become the God-killer is excellent. The rest doesn't meet the expectations the opening scene sets up, though. Which actually makes the movie seem worse - it starts strong, only to fall into heavy tonal whiplash and is a lesser version of the previous movie, with higher stakes yet a less serious tone to sell those stakes.
    Not the movie everything else about Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Absolutely, even had the right accent, not that silly Shakespearean faldarol.
    That wasn't a Greek accent...

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Agree. I read a lot of classic Greek mythology in my day. Was surprised by how 'human' they were -- very unlike the way they were portrayed in Wonder Woman and Shazam stories. COTT captured that quality. I didn't like the reboot at all.
    I agree Clash of the Titans (the original) probably did it best out of all the films I've seen. I did quite like the old British miniseries The Aphrodite Inheritance back in the day, which was set in contemporary Greece and had three people, Brian Blessed, Alexandra Bastedo, and Stefan Gryff, who are suggested to be Dionysus, Aphrodite, and Hermes. Kind of dated, though.

That wasn't a Greek accent...
    I lived in the Greek section of Queens. It was a great accent.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!