Thread: Team-Idea

Mighty Member

Default Team-Idea

Hello,
    there are actually so many unused Characters that I thought it would be cool to make a team consisting of cool, not so much used characters, who also have a interesting backstory etc. and let them form a team, who is not controlled etc. by the JL, Titans etc.
    Just a real outsider Team living maybe together in a kind of old Hotel or on a kind of ranch...

I thought of:

Conner Kent (Leader)
    Miss Martian (Co-Leader and Wife)
    Jackson Hyde
    Bart Allen
    Kid Devil
    Green Lantern Jessica Cruz
    Blue Beetle Jaime
    Traci 13
    Static

I think they would really form a great Team and more important they are also interesting characters with great backstorys to evolve and are also very diverse

There are two threads about this sort of thing. One for expanding on lesser used character, another for team ideas.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nd-Upon/page34

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-teams/page119

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There are two threads about this sort of thing. One for expanding on lesser used character, another for team ideas.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nd-Upon/page34

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-teams/page119
    I'm sure there have been threads like this, but those two aren't them. One is about individual characters and the other thread is about building a team based off the concept/lineup of another team.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    …the other thread is about building a team based off the concept/lineup of another team.
    ^^^Or just making up a team; that was pretty obvious from the start.
    Thread titles are only so long, and I was more interested in having fun that breaking down every possible aspect/telling ppl what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    there are actually so many unused Characters that I thought it would be cool to make a team consisting of cool, not so much used characters, who also have a interesting backstory etc. and let them form a team, who is not controlled etc. by the JL, Titans etc.
    Just a real outsider Team living maybe together in a kind of old Hotel or on a kind of ranch...

I thought of:

Conner Kent (Leader)
    Jackson Hyde
    Bart Allen
    Kid Devil
    Blue Beetle Jaime
    Traci 13
    Static

I think they would really form a great Team and more important they are also interesting characters with great backstorys to evolve and are also very diverse
    One of the greatest challenge that creators have nowadays for starting a team is establishing a mission statement that stands out. The other is a really good team name (a HUGE challenge in this day and age). Do you have suggestions for those to go along with the line-up? It seems to me that you were really inspired by the Young Justice cartoon.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

I thought of:

Conner Kent (Leader)
    Jackson Hyde
    Bart Allen
    Kid Devil
    Blue Beetle Jaime
    Traci 13
    Static

It's a good lineup but rather vague on the details.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-13-2024 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    One of the greatest challenge that creators have nowadays for starting a team is establishing a mission statement that stands out. The other is a really good team name (a HUGE challenge in this day and age). Do you have suggestions for those to go along with the line-up? It seems to me that you were really inspired by the Young Justice cartoon.

Peace
    Names are, in my limited experience, doable. If all else fails twist one that isn't being used right now (although that can sometimes go horribly wrong - looking at you, current Outsiders-in-name-only)

But mission statements are harder, particularly for the more Earthbound groups. What's the narrative hook of your new group that separates them from the various JLA's, JSA's, Titans, Dooms Patrol and so forth that are tromping around?

The New Power Co.

Power Girl=Tanya Spears
    Traci 13
    Bombshell
    Flatline
    Firestorm=Jason
    Longshadow
    Green Arrow=Conner
    Bushido=Brother of the original

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Names are, in my limited experience, doable. If all else fails twist one that isn't being used right now (although that can sometimes go horribly wrong - looking at you, current Outsiders-in-name-only)

But mission statements are harder, particularly for the more Earthbound groups. What's the narrative hook of your new group that separates them from the various JLA's, JSA's, Titans, Dooms Patrol and so forth that are tromping around?
    ^^^Name and a mission statement, yeah.
    Nail those and you’re halfway home.

And then there’s the lineup…

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Name and a mission statement, yeah.
    Nail those and you’re halfway home.

And then there’s the lineup…
    Once you've got a mission statement, line-ups are practically gravy. 'Cause seriously, there are SO FREAKING MANY DC characters just sitting on the shelf, waiting for someone to dust them off/resurrect/revamp them.

Here's one for free: Jamm has, all this time, been channeling the Anti-Life Equation. And now Apokolips and New Genesis have noticed. Hilarity ensues. Go.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Once you've got a mission statement, line-ups are practically gravy. 'Cause seriously, there are SO FREAKING MANY DC characters just sitting on the shelf, waiting for someone to dust them off/resurrect/revamp them.
    ^^^Well, sometimes gravy is hard to make. You don’t mix the ingredients just right, it comes out lumpy.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

"sometimes gravy is hard to make. You don’t mix the ingredients just right, it comes out lumpy."
    and then you wind up with a Frank Zappa album.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    and then you wind up with a Frank Zappa album.