Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yeah but I mean Krakoa WAS a good playground for Unlimited. I think they started wrong with it by giving WOLVERINE the first arc. They should have make like a "visit Krakoa" arc. And then make their little stories about Krakoan inhabitants. I think on a smaller, more defined scale, X-corp could work like that. Just don't give Wolverine a solo arc in it.
    Ah yes, I totally agree. "A day in the life on Krakoa" kind of arcs would have been really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    My question got answered!

AIPT: Now, I’m happy El Aguila came up naturally because X-Fan Dan Elliott actually wanted to thank you Steves for bringing in El Aguila and asked if there are any more plans for him.

Orlando: I would LOVE to work with El Aguila more. I think he’s got a ton of potential, and would love for him to appear again. WILL he? It all depends on panel space, but he’s got love from me either way. I really hope he can appear at least once more to enact revenge on Orchis.

Foxe: And I’m so happy Alternate Steve got to include him.
    I can't believe I didn't piece together that it was your question. Congrats!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This is a great idea, on ongoing narrative for Unlimited. The floating island base allows for mobility and all kinds of stories. The roster can keep changing with maybe a few core characters as mainstays.
    Plus if you give it freedom from other titles, and give it to deepcuts lovers like the Steves it could be so great and the refuge for the B-to-D list lovers.

I got my question answered, this is the first time I have sent one, that's how much I am enjoying this run.

AIPT: Love that. X-Fan The Technopriest is a big fan of the work you’ve all done with X-Men Unlimited and has a question regarding Thunderbird. How old do you see John being in relation to the rest of the X-Men Unlimited cast he’s interacting with? John was meant to be young when he joined the army, it’s pretty much established that he lied and enlisted in the Marines at 17, spent two years deployed, and came back. Now he was resurrected immediately after he died (from his perspective), so he shouldn’t be older than 21, but that clearly would put him around the same age as Jimmy and the X-Forcers. Any thoughts?

Orlando: I think it’s entirely possible he’s in his early 20s, physically, as you suggest. That’s the wonder of Krakoan Resurrection – after all, Somnus is pushing 90 mentally but was reborn in his prime. But with Thunderbird, he was clearly hardened by his time deployed in war, regardless of his age. And as someone with close family members who fought in the same war as Thunderbird, I’ve seen how that can harden even a young soul. So while Thunderbird may be in his early 20s, those are absolutely city miles he put on before his initial death.

I also liked how Foxe immediately reminded him that John is not longer a veteran of the Vietnam war, but of the Siancong War.

One of my favorite X-Men Monday editions with lots of questions from fellow CBR friends. It's really nice to hear how much fun the team is having working together. Their shared email thread sounds like a joy.

Loved all the Rictor talk! I'm thrilled to see Rictor "pull off some pretty big stunts before we’re done" as I think the upgrade in his powers has been one of my favorite things about this arc. Also looking forward to all the X-Corps reinforcements that we haven't seen yet.

AIPT: X-Fan Nora wanted to know if there was anything you really wanted to tackle in X-Men Unlimited but couldn’t find the space for.

Orlando: Oh, there’s always more. Always more! Honestly, as we rethought the Externals, I came to be really interested in every single one of them, and wish we had even more time to explore them. Hey, maybe there’s time to do that in another book…

Don't tease us like that, Steve! If by the grace of all that is holy this spins out to a print book I will die of joy.
    Same. The one thing I want from Brevoort is a new X-Corps series by the Steves featuring these characters.

I so loved the comment about studying the different bodies and ways this affects the characters movements. I wish more artist did this (and were given time to not rush, obvs). Pretty much tired of seeing all the women the same height, or man the same body structure.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

This would've been a good story to include Magma in.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Happy they answered one of my questions. They kinda touched on the other I submitted, which was this: I've noticed on social spaces that there has been pushback when writers have characters mention their relationship status in books, but most poignantly for queer couples (the exchange between Betts, Ric, and 'Star and mentioning Rachel in your Unlimited in particular). As queer writers, does this response influence you or the editorial team in how you write romances (esp. queer) into the stories you tell?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Who is Feint. Another new character?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Who is Feint. Another new character?
    Newish. She originally went by Gimmick, debuted in Marvel's Voices in 2020 and was one of the Children of the Atom members. She showed up in a few more places before she was in the full Dark X-Men run during Fall of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Happy they answered one of my questions. They kinda touched on the other I submitted, which was this: I've noticed on social spaces that there has been pushback when writers have characters mention their relationship status in books, but most poignantly for queer couples (the exchange between Betts, Ric, and 'Star and mentioning Rachel in your Unlimited in particular). As queer writers, does this response influence you or the editorial team in how you write romances (esp. queer) into the stories you tell?
    Judging by Orlando and Foxe's work, the "pushback"'s influence would be adding MORE queer relationships mentions everywhere.

I’ll forever wish we get a proper X-Corps ongoing. This arc has been great.
    Also, I’m shocked the art is drawn as a regular comic page and they only change the format for the app later. Makes it seem like they’re planning to publish the arc in print too. (And also explains how so many panels end up looking unfinished, as they were drawn smaller than others, but are enlarged to fit the same width).
    I really wish they’d release the full-page comic on the app too, as reading the Infinity comics on the iPad makes the art much worse.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Newish. She originally went by Gimmick, debuted in Marvel's Voices in 2020 and was one of the Children of the Atom members. She showed up in a few more places before she was in the full Dark X-Men run during Fall of X.
    Thanks.

10 characters.

Yesterday Chris Hassan posted:

"If there are unresolved Krakoan era plots people want to know more about, reply and I'll make a list for one of the later X-Men Monday interviews."

Today he posted:

"Wow. This got A LOT of responses. But that's awesome and a testament to how impactful and engaging the Krakoan era has been.

I'll read all the replies, make a list, and these questions will help inform some of the final X-Men Monday interviews of the Krakoan era. Stay tuned!"

That's cool. I'm looking forward to hearing about outstanding/dropped plots.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yesterday Chris Hassan posted:

"If there are unresolved Krakoan era plots people want to know more about, reply and I'll make a list for one of the later X-Men Monday interviews."

Today he posted:

"Wow. This got A LOT of responses. But that's awesome and a testament to how impactful and engaging the Krakoan era has been.

I'll read all the replies, make a list, and these questions will help inform some of the final X-Men Monday interviews of the Krakoan era. Stay tuned!"

That's cool. I'm looking forward to hearing about outstanding/dropped plots.
    I'm excited for this! Apparently Jordan is going to talk about the infamous "non-mutant infiltrating the X-Men" subplot and I'm very curious to hear how that was supposed to develop. I wonder if we'll get to hear about "New X-Men" as well.