Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Another thing... I don't think Amora ever had any interest in Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that something A-Next ever teased? They were both on that team, right?
    Yes, there were hints that they would make a fine couple. They were the most mature, level-headed and like-minded of the original team (Mainframe being an A.I. based on Tony Stark and J2 being much younger), and always seemed to end up on the same side on the moral issue. However, it soon seemed like American Dream was more suited for Kevin. Had the series continued, who knows what could have happened?

Peace

Loved Thunderstrike...Was better than Thor around that time...Put him and Nomad on a team together...Ok, it's too late for that but I would have liked that...

Pony-tail, gotta be the pony tail!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Pony-tail, gotta be the pony tail!
    Kind of dated, but I still like that look, and, with a few tweaks, I'm sure it could still work (but the ponytail SURE is a must).

Peace

He was a cool character that deserve better than what he got.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I can't believe Eric is still dead. Even Thunderbird came back.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder how many ressurected will go back to being dead after the end of the Krakoa era (someone will have to tell me, for I haven't followed the X-books in a looooonnnnnnnnggggggg time)?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sometimes characters stay gone. I look at Bill Foster and Rita DeMara. Anyone remember Charcoal from Thunderbolts? He still hasn't pulled himself together after his death.

For Eric is sucks because they haven't done much with his son Kevin after words either.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Sometimes characters stay gone. I look at Bill Foster and Rita DeMara. Anyone remember Charcoal from Thunderbolts? He still hasn't pulled himself together after his death.

For Eric is sucks because they haven't done much with his son Kevin after words either.
    Charcoal has some rights issues (he was fan created) that may mean that we'll never see him again. A shame!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Charcoal has some rights issues (he was fan created) that may mean that we'll never see him again. A shame!

Peace
    Really? I didn't know that. But that explains why his death was so random when we saw him come back from similar stuff then how he died. Since he's not a big player you're right we probably won't see him again. Jolt cries for him in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Really? I didn't know that. But that explains why his death was so random when we saw him come back from similar stuff then how he died. Since he's not a big player you're right we probably won't see him again. Jolt cries for him in the corner.
    Charcoal was created as part of a contest in Wizard magazine. However Wizard not only didn't word their legalize properly but they also failed to give the winner some of the prizes they promised. So, claiming he felt that he was undercompensated, the creator of Charcoal tried to legally reclaim the copyright on the character from Marvel.

Marvel responded by killing the character off and leaving him dead.

Sometimes characters stay gone. I look at Bill Foster and Rita DeMara.
    Rita has been back twice first in dead avengers and second, she got arrested in an avengers story dealing with an alt universe I believe.

Poor deathcry / lifecry never showed up again post dead avengers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Rita has been back twice first in dead avengers and second, she got arrested in an avengers story dealing with an alt universe I believe.

Poor deathcry / lifecry never showed up again post dead avengers so far.
    Have to say, HER, I don't miss at all. Never liked the character. She was brought in due to Harras attempt to "X-Menize" the Avengers (and I say this as a HUGE fan of the 90's Avengers. The Gatherers Saga is still, IMHO, one of the Avengers' best stories ever. However, it was quite obvious his intentions of introducing elements from the X-Men lore into the Avengers). A feral Shi'ar warrior with claws and a surly attitude. I wonder who they were thinking of when they created her? (Sarcasm alert!) It was clear that, since the get go, they had no idea what to do with her. They went from a sexually agressive woman who was constantly putting on the moves on Vision to an insecure child who saw in Hercules a father figure. And, quite frankly, she never proved herself much useful in battle.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Have to say, HER, I don't miss at all. Never liked the character. She was brought in due to Harras attempt to "X-Menize" the Avengers (and I say this as a HUGE fan of the 90's Avengers. The Gatherers Saga is still, IMHO, one of the Avengers' best stories ever. However, it was quite obvious his intentions of introducing elements from the X-Men lore into the Avengers). A feral Shi'ar warrior with claws and a surly attitude. I wonder who they were thinking of when they created her? (Sarcasm alert!) It was clear that, since the get go, they had no idea what to do with her. They went from a sexually agressive woman who was constantly putting on the moves on Vision to an insecure child who saw in Hercules a father figure. And, quite frankly, she never proved herself much useful in battle.

Peace
    Yeah... Deathcry's character would have been fine if not for her lunatic outbursts. Like... physically attacking her team mates for not following some arbitrary set of rules that don't really exist?

Having a Shi'ar warrior who's highly willing to kill enemies? enh... seen it, but it's dealable. Deathbird is an obvious inspiration, but Deathbird is a villain.