Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Ok, now that sounds a *little* more plausible. It's been almost 2 years since I read issue #14 so I may have no remembered everything from it 100% correctly. Was it explained how Cassandra knew when and where the First Born would erupt from the earth?
    In general, she knew the First Born's story because she had deciphered the tattoo on the corpse of the witch who had predicted his destiny. The witch had prophetic powers, so it makes sense that she could have predicted the FB's return.

I guess "she deciphered a witch's full body tattoo" isn't the gold standard of plauibility in most contexts. But I think it works well enough in this mythological/fantasy corner of the universe.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    In general, she knew the First Born's story because she had deciphered the tattoo on the corpse of the witch who had predicted his destiny. The witch had prophetic powers, so it makes sense that she could have predicted the FB's return.

I guess "she deciphered a witch's full body tattoo" isn't the gold standard of plauibility in most contexts. But I think it works well enough in this mythological/fantasy corner of the universe.

Got it - thanks.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post

In Wonder Woman #First born Apollo's oracles says that First born where propheciesed to return when Zeus was no more. To which Apollo says "How convenient it happened to coincide with my climbing to the throne."

So perhaps it comes down to the prophecy. We'll just need to wait till October to know

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    In Wonder Woman #First born Apollo's oracles says that First born where propheciesed to return when Zeus was no more. To which Apollo says "How convenient it happened to coincide with my climbing to the throne."

So perhaps it comes down to the prophecy. We'll just need to wait till October to know
    I thought that this particular future development was less of a prophecy and more of a promise or deal; Zeus said the FB could come back when he was gone. But maybe it worked out somewhat the other way around; Zeus might have known the FB was about to dig himself out, so he made himself scarce as part of a plan to eliminate the FB along with some other potential rivals, including Apollo and Ares. This, maybe, is why the oracles in #1 said Zeus wanted what no one should want: he wanted the death of his children.