Default Give Your WW Character A Phobia

Something that's been running through my mind. Was going to make this in the general DCU thread but was more curious about how it applies to WW characters.

If you were to give each WW character a specific phobia, what would it be? What do each WW character irrationally fear the most?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Im reminded of a pre crisis Justice League story where Scarcrow implants a fear of metal into Wonder Woman, driving her to remove her bracelets and go into a berserk rage, and trying to rip his head off

but yeah, this is kinda a toughie...Comics don't give most characters phobias, and Dianas unique abilities make it tricky...
    We know she wont have a fear of any animals since she can talk to them (though she used to have an irrational fear of megaladons according to the young diana backstories)
    We know she is not afraid of flying or swimming (though she had an irrational fear of jumping off a 100 foot cliff into the water below according to the Perez era annuals)
    We know she DID have a fear of her mother dying, though that ship has sailed a few times.

Yara is afraid of spiders. So she'd try to avoid giant spider enemies or spider creatures. She'd learn to use more stealth based tactics against them.

- Osira: ataxophobia; fear of disorder or untidiness
    Tying into her belief the way to peace is to strip away people of their free will, I see Osira as a neat freak who wants everything to be tidy and just so. Everything has their place, and when things get disorderly, she doesn't handle it well.

- Artemis: claustrophobia; fear of enclosed spaces
    I have nothing to base this on. But I could see Artemis, someone who prefers to go her own way, would dislike closed spaces and confinement.

- Cheetah: autophobia; fear of abandonment
    Going by modern interpretations of Barbara, which lean into the sympathetic, tragic elements of her character, maybe her hatred and resentment of Diana is based on a core fear of being left behind or forgotten?

- Dr. Psycho: gynophobia; fear of women
    Hate and fear often correlate. We know Psycho hates women, but how much of it is based on an irrational fear of them...particularly strong women that won't cave to his whims?

- gerascophobia; fear of aging
    I don't know who, but I could see one of Diana's rogues being afraid of getting old. Circe? Clea? Could even work for Osira, since she has to periodically recharge her youth.

- Diana
    I made a thread some time back discussing what Diana really fears, and I've of the belief what really shakes her is the fear she's not good enough or that nothing she does will ever be enough. Failure, to put it simply. It was also discussed whether has a fear of being alone or isolated. Obviously, it's not something that's come up since she has plenty of friends and family in her life, but what if Diana wound up at a point where she had no one left?
    Though these are less phobias and more existential dread. However, the fear of failure is referred to as "atychiphobia" and funnily enough, looking on google, the fear of isolation is also "autophobia"...just like Cheetah. How about that?

Clea: Well, she's already older than most people. Atlanteans in DC... have inconsistent aging, but are far from immortal.

I think Clea'd be better written as someone who fear having Atlanteans be erased from the world. She knows just how few Atlanteans there are compared to Humans and fears having Atlantis... become.... Human.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Diana secretly doesn't entirely trust men. She was raised in a society that told her the outside world, ruled by men, was evil. And she never really got past it. She can trust male colleagues like Superman and Batman and of course Steve. But in general, she has an overall distrust of men that she never really got over from her upbringing. Deep down a part of her really believes the world would be better if she want all Earth One and conquered the world and "mothered" the world into maturity.
    Assassinate Putin!

Artemis - Abandonment.

Despite being the "outsider/dark horse" of the WW world, Artemis also takes the most vocal/boastful pride in being an Amazon so the possibility of being exhiled or abandoned by the Amazons would probably be one that haunts her.

She would make an excellent Wonder Woman arch-villain...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    She would make an excellent Wonder Woman arch-villain...
    Phobia is one of my favorite female villains of all time, and I have always felt that she should return in some capacity.

Pyrophobia (fear of fear) or Athazagoraphobia (fear of being forgetting or even forgetting) for Donna Troy.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

you know.... it's not a real phobia if it's your weakness(IE Martian Manhunter) BUT for someone who's functionally immune... that'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Pyrophobia (fear of fear) or Athazagoraphobia (fear of being forgetting or even forgetting) for Donna Troy.
    Isn't phobophobia the fear of fear/being afraid?
    Pyrophobia would be the fear of fire.

I thought Photophobia was fear of light?