Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ugh I know I'm being redundant but the use of the past tense is SO greating.

Also A/Revelation looks WEIRD.

Devo got replaced by a Sinister and disappeared, which was a very bad choice for many reasons in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Another day, another Duggan.

How many Arraki mutants burnt up on entry to have a cool rallying moment?

At least Cyclops felt pretty good.
    "In space you just need a fishbowl on your head. Go ahead Syza, free the nipple into the void".

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Lucas Werneck's worst work IMO. We've seen them do much better work in Immortal X-Men, but I suppose with a terrible writer like Gerry Duggan, it is hard to be inspired. I imagine he was rushed by editorial to get this work out.

I don't expect anything nuanced or thought provoking from writers like Gerry Duggan or Ben Percy, any more than I would expect a cat or a dog to write a dissertation, but dammit for something that was touted as so important to the X-Men comic brand, I would have thought Jordan White would have put better talent on this event. It really is just filler and a money grab in between now and the inevitable flop that will be Gail Simone's reboot (if the list of rumored writers is true).
    That's Werneck ?????? Poor guy he's reaching Kordey's New X-men levels of rushing.

Astonishing Member

While I do expect Stasis to come back at some point; I expect him to be last in the queue behind Righteous, Stellaris and even whatever form Engima is reduced to when it/he is knocked out of Dominionhood, because his area of speciality (one that abuts the other editorial offices) is least defined/used.

Issue was okay, I think it was better than last issue but still not on par with RoX. Art was iffy, especially when the mutants “jumped out of a spacecraft and free fell to earth??” Is that what everyone else saw? Really weird choice on that, and why was Apocalypse grinning like that? Best part of the issue was Cyke, Gregor and Nimrod. I wish Gregor didn’t die, she would’ve been a good new recurring villain or redemption story.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Unglaublich!

For me, this whole event is too rushed and filled with holes.

When and how did Scott's back get fixed? And why would Orchis fix his spine so he could walk again anyway...? Why would they un-sew his eyelids if they were going to fit him with a blindfolding visor anyway?

Why do so few of the characters refer to each other by their actual names? It was really odd to hear Emma using "Synch" repeatedly (given that she was Ev's teacher for years) and the same for him constantly saying "Firestar."

Since when is Juggernaut vulnerable to piercing by Adamantium? Did I miss something somewhere?

As someone else queried in this thread, how do fishbowls protect every mutant present from re-entry into Earth's atmosphere from orbit??

The whole thing just feels incredibly disjointed to me. I get the "scattered and warring on multiple fronts" aspect but, considering that Orchis have been built up as this "one step ahead" organisation for the last 5 years, they just seem to be largely inept all of a sudden. Like they didn't know that there were still multiple high level mutant threats operating on Earth and didn't plan even vaguely accordingly.

At some point in the future, I'd love to find out what Hickman's complete plans for the Krakoan Era were. Just to compare them with what we ended up getting.

Was nice to see Emma and Firestar make amends.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Dr Gregor’s death was baffling; not in a “people don’t always act rationally” kind of way, but because we’ve never been shown her still thinking of Nimrod as her husband in the story. We’ve seen her eavesdropping on Nimrod and Omega Sentinel like inhuman machine conspirators.
    And it barely makes sense in the story context.

She doesn't trust Nimrod/OS so she frees Cyclops. But her ultimate plan is to just talk to Nimrod like its still her husband. If that was her plan, she did not need to have freed Cyclops at all. And its not like she needs Cyclops via Magik to teleport her to the moon, as Orchis has the capability of shuttling back and forth to the sun (and if your counterargument is that Nimrod has compromised Orchis shuttle technology, that is too far of a bridge to buy when none of the work has been put in by Duggan).

Dr. Gregor is written in the worst possible way in this book - every thing she says is like a naive child just to prop up Cyclops street cred. While I like seeing a competent and dangerous Cyclops, Duggan writes it in a way that is at Gregor's expense. Where was the cold calculating scientist of yore?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Was nice to see Emma and Firestar make amends.
    You mean again, bc they’ve done so before

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    As someone else queried in this thread, how do fishbowls protect every mutant present from re-entry into Earth's atmosphere from orbit??
    Marvel said to themselves "That thing that DC is still getting dragged for? You know, having Batman fall to earth from space unharmed? Let's not learn a thing from that, then double down on it by having more but less competent mutants emulate his feat."

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Marvel said to themselves "That thing that DC is still getting dragged for? You know, having Batman fall to earth from space unharmed? Let's not learn a thing from that, then double down on it by having more but less competent mutants emulate his feat."

It looked like it was trying to give this moment but not done nowhere near as well

So who do you think gets the honor of giving Gregor her Darwin Award because that was just leaning on Too Dumb to Live how she went out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So who do you think gets the honor of giving Gregor her Darwin Award because that was just leaning on Too Dumb to Live how she went out.
    That moment didnt land bc we spent most of the Krakoa era with her getting almost no characterization. She spent too much time in the background to come out now and for us to care. She really should have been someone we love to hate but she largely felt irrelevant all things considered

This is so bad, I don't feel a thing reading this, and the art isn't even good.
    I'm so sad to see what's started in HOX/POX ending like this

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That moment didnt land bc we spent most of the Krakoa era with her getting almost no characterization. She spent too much time in the background to come out now and for us to care. She really should have been someone we love to hate but she largely felt irrelevant all things considered
    They preferred to use Modok and humansinister. Ugh