Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Firestar at last.....but she only says one word all issue. One word. "Stasis". Wow. How Duggan can have the cheek to say he has written Firestar is beyond me.

Too bad Storm broke the key because this would have been the perfect time for Arakko to hit that button and unleash Uranos on Orchis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    That's a bit dissappointing. I expected it to be something only Manifold could do. Magik has her powers back (we even see her use them in this issue), couldn't she have done it herself? It should have been rescuing the mutants from the WHR.
    Especially since she's already teleported the SWORD station by herself in X of Swords and such a big deal was made of Orchis messing with Magik's powers specifically so she couldn't do this.

If this was well-handled they would have at least had Manifold do this before Magik came back so it made sense to say he was absolutely necessary. And it's not like she does anything in this issue. With all the fighting going on, she just pops up to talk to-transport Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think you feel that way from the start.

It's actually not bad at all.
    Its rushed and it's lazy. The dialogue is lacking. But if you want to excuse this. More power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Its rushed and it's lazy. The dialogue is lacking. But if you want to excuse this. More power to you.
    Completely agree - utterly rushed. All that build up with Firestar & she gets a few lousy panels.

Astonishing Member

I feel like we're missing one or two story lines ? I don't know if they were in a rush to meet mcu synergy or have no clear idea how to end krakoa but it feels like we're missing alot

A half decent issue that Duggan took too long to get to doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I feel like we're missing one or two story lines ? I don't know if they were in a rush to meet mcu synergy or have no clear idea how to end krakoa but it feels like we're missing alot
    Duggan feels like he’s going through a checklist of things that need to be cleaned up and tied off, while Gillen seems like he’s telling an actual story.

This was the best issue of the series so far but I still wouldn't call it good. That said I will admit that I'm no longer invested in this era so that may have played a role in my opinion of this issue.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

The first half read like recap pages. I was going to sulk that Remy didn’t get any lines and he and Rogue were with Apocalypse. I mean even in a crisis that is not a happy union or probably not a working one.

But then I read Rogues lines. I wonder were Kurt and Peter went. I see Firestar’s bizarre scene with domineering Emma. It’s full speed and we are pushing whatever shape through whatever hole we can find.

Let’s just get to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It's giving slapdash
    … and finishes with notes of Deathstar.

How many X-Men have killed during this storyline?

Even when Duggan Firestar a moment it ends up becoming about Emma and Duggan speaking through Emma to praise Firestar.

Incredible Member

I felt like I was reading Mark Miller's Ultimate X-men. I half expected Blob to show up with some cannibalistic dialogue.

I really did not like the Stasis story scenes here, as it felt like Duggan was applauding himself for showing us Stasis getting dominated, when Duggan has not done enough work to develop Stasis or Firestar.

Did I miss something with Omega Sentinel? How was she incapacitated just by Dr. Gregor and Cyclops? It really makes the enemy seem underwhelming (like how a few X-men can easily take out Stark Sentinels).

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Firestar at last.....but she only says one word all issue. One word. "Stasis". Wow. How Duggan can have the cheek to say he has written Firestar is beyond me.
    That better not be Firestar's "Big moment" that all the vote winners are getting because Duggan can seriously Fv€k 0Ff if he thinks that was enough. The girl has won people round in spite of his writing dereliction of duty and deserves a proper moment to shine in the printed page and not just (the excellent) Unlimited story.

This was a better issue than last. I enjoyed it more, but it still wasn’t quite as great as it could’ve been. It feels like a lot of the big moments aren’t landing because not enough work has been done to make them feel earned. Firestar’s story has been almost non-existent since her Unlimited arc. Shadowkat’s murderous streak seems to just be who she is now rather than part of a meaningful character arc.

However, I loved Cyclops and Rogue in this issue. Cyclops showing he was toying with his captors the whole time was awesome - it’s about time he got something meaningful to do in this era! And Rogue leading a mutant army back down to Earth was a great moment for her too.

I’m still hopeful that this could end strong…it’s just a shame there’s been so much disappointment along the way.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."