Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    NO MORE REBOOTS!
    So....where does the LEGION story pick up from? The last iteration? Would that be Bendis? Flashpoint Beyond?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

Well, someone would have to address the dismal ending of the new 52 series. Probably best to sweep it under the rug. Have no idea where Levitz was going, but Giffen likely had something to do with the shock deaths and Phantom Girl turning coward. If anyone can point to a lower moment in Legion chronicles, please do so!

It's ironic how futuristic I thought PG's outfit was in the early 70s -- not realizing it was based on MOD fashion of the late 60s.
    *points at Jetsons*

Ultimate Member

Well, someone would have to address the dismal ending of the new 52 series. Probably best to sweep it under the rug. Have no idea where Levitz was going, but Giffen likely had something to do with the shock deaths and Phantom Girl turning coward. If anyone can point to a lower moment in Legion chronicles, please do so!
    Yes please. Sun Boy and Star Boy's ignominous deaths. Phantom Girl (the fourth or fifth person to become a Legionnaire, along with Lu, *this close* to being a Founder!) finally becoming leader and then abandoning it the hot second things go wrong.

That whole arc was just ugly AF, like there was some editorial mandate to kill the book (which, it did!).

when will we finally get a live action TV series? I want to see a live action Wildfire, Dawnstar, Shadow Lass and Ultra Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yes please. Sun Boy and Star Boy's ignominous deaths. Phantom Girl (the fourth or fifth person to become a Legionnaire, along with Lu, *this close* to being a Founder!) finally becoming leader and then abandoning it the hot second things go wrong.

That whole arc was just ugly AF, like there was some editorial mandate to kill the book (which, it did!).
    I have to say I've completely erased that from my mind.

Peace

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    when will we finally get a live action TV series? I want to see a live action Wildfire, Dawnstar, Shadow Lass and Ultra Boy.
    I want to see a third season of the WB animated series. Liked the subplots, the characterization. It was just two short with twenty six episodes. With the studios making so much dreck today, I wish they could go back and do more of unfinished properties like what they're doing for X-Men.

Incredible Member

My copies are buried deep in boxes, but wasn’t it implied in the final issue that it might have been the Earth-2 version of the Legion that all that happened to, not the then-“Prime” Earth team?

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    I want to see a third season of the WB animated series. Liked the subplots, the characterization. It was just two short with twenty six episodes. With the studios making so much dreck today, I wish they could go back and do more of unfinished properties like what they're doing for X-Men.
    The WB series had a promising start in Season 1 and was nicely expanding in Season 2 aside from the extra focus on the Superboys...er MEN.
    I'd rather a jaunt down the path that could have been if they had followed up on the set up from JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED ep "Far From Home" and gone with the SUPERGIRL and the LEGION idea..

Astonishing Member

I, too, would have preferred a Legion series featuring the version that appeared in JLU, but I didn't mind the one we got -- it was obviously tailored to appeal to a younger (Saturday morning) audience. But it should have featured more Legionnaires -- could have just added one different one each week to the regular lineup. Was thrilled when they showed more than the usual suspects. But things did get worse in season two by adding another Superboyman instead of bringing in Mon-El -- or just using more of the non supermen characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I probably noticed this back in the day, but worth mentioning that JLU's version of Chameleon Boy looks more like Marvel's Hobgoblin of the Imperial Guard (the counterpart to Cham).

If there were a live action LoSH movie or series I would want it to be taken seriously. The world of the Legion is dense-- it is so far into the future and the universe is this kaleidoscopic blend of planetary empires and species. there are so many characters. it demands a sophistocated and serious approach, it shouldn't be deliberately campy or hokey.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Astonishing Member

Something Legion has touched on but not really deep-dived in to is cloning. There was a story in Mike Grell's run where both Ferro Lad and Invisible Kid came back as clones with all of their previous memories -- but they exploded after a specific time -- maybe 24 hours? Obviously cloning had been perfected by the time the SW6 batch was created. Marvel's counterpart to the Legion, the Imperial Guard, regularly clones deceased members. I think Fang (Timber Wolf) is on clone 2 or maybe clone 3.

I'm not saying the Legion should clone deceased members, but it's definitely something worthy of being covered in a story. I'd love to see more of the original Chemical King who was never used as effectively as he could have been. And Val Armorr/Karate Kid should never have been killed -- despite his death being the impetus for Projectra's big moment.

I probably noticed this back in the day, but worth mentioning that JLU's version of Chameleon Boy looks more like Marvel's Hobgoblin of the Imperial Guard (the counterpart to Cham).
    I hadn't thought of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard/Superguardians with regard to Cham looking like Hobgoblin. I was heading towards a no-prize explanation that Cham is being treated like a literal chameleon and is blending in with the color of the background in JLU.

Some of my favorite LSH homages here...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-10-2024 at 10:00 AM.

Ultimate Member

Something Legion has touched on but not really deep-dived in to is cloning. There was a story in Mike Grell's run where both Ferro Lad and Invisible Kid came back as clones with all of their previous memories -- but they exploded after a specific time -- maybe 24 hours? Obviously cloning had been perfected by the time the SW6 batch was created. Marvel's counterpart to the Legion, the Imperial Guard, regularly clones deceased members. I think Fang (Timber Wolf) is on clone 2 or maybe clone 3.

I'm not saying the Legion should clone deceased members, but it's definitely something worthy of being covered in a story. I'd love to see more of the original Chemical King who was never used as effectively as he could have been. And Val Armorr/Karate Kid should never have been killed -- despite his death being the impetus for Projectra's big moment.
    For Fang, and other worlds, both for the Imperial Guard and Legion, I do like the idea that worlds who have prominent Legionnaires, who then die (or retire, whatever), might have the world lobby for a new local hero to join the team, so that they 'feel seen' and represented out there in the galaxy. Naltor sending a new Naltorian 'Dream Boy' to join the Legion and replace Dream Girl in the Threeboot seemed like an interesting angle to explore. The rest of the Legion did not exactly welcome him with open arms, and that's got story potential, worlds just sort of foisting heroes onto the team that the team doesn't particularly want.

(I always thought that Fang was an honorary title on his homeworld, and that if one died, the next runner-up had the honor of stepping up and assuming the mantle of Fang. If they had superhuman powers, they might be like Wonder Woman classic origin, where she had to win some contest against all the other Amazons to earn her powers. So the new 'Fang' would win some contest of athleticism or combat, and get to eat the special herb or commune with the special totem or undergo the expensive process to become empowered as the new Fang.)

That sort of thing already exists to some degree, with the Shadow Champions of Talokk VIII, as it's been suggested that it's a mantle passed down. (Somewhat muddled by her cousin Grev *also* having the powers? I had fanwanked that back as a kid by assuming that whatever empowered the Shadow Champion wanted there to always be one *on Talokk,* and when Shady left to join the Legion, it empowered another. But then Grev up and left to join the Legion Academy, and my brilliant plan lay in ashes... And there've been no other 'Shadow Champions,' so whatever empowers them apparently got fed up and is now sulking in the depths of Talokk VIII, plotting it's revenge!)

Edit: Seeing all those pictures of the Imperial Guard makes me idly want to see one-off appearances by Legion applicants who are homages of the rare Imperial Guardsmen who *aren't* direct Legion riffs, like Warstar, Manta, Hussar and Earthquake.