Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    No idea who was the artist here. Somebody else can illuminate me?

Looks like Doc Shaner but I've never seen this image before. It's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I never heard of this. I liked the Teen Titans X-Men crossover that we got, but I"d also have loved to have seen that.
    As I said, I discover that story just recently. No idea if it is real or just one of those legends than you hear around, but it always bothered me why Darkseid was the villian choosen for the crossover when Darkseid wasn't a big presence in the Titans books then. "Why they didn't used Trigon or Brother Blood?" I wondered.

Well, after writers sort of transed Svaughn, Jan long time "female" love interest, going as far as reverting her to a man, I find it hard to say it was something in the fans head. I have to say, IMHO, it worked for Jan. He was always shown as being so spiritualized. He would really believe in "soulmates." A relationship of the spirit. The body was just a pesky detail.

Peace
    It resolved right for Jan but I don't know if the story itself was well done. Well, there was a lot of experimenting on that era, so, kudos for trying.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Looks like Doc Shaner but I've never seen this image before. It's amazing.
    Yes, it is amazing. Dunno if its Doc Shaner, but it could be.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

More Ross Art:

And by the way, the post Giffen 5YL Legion:
    I liked this phase. The Legion on the run phase. It had a lot of potential, and it was very unpredictable. Sadly, it was kind of rushed off at the end, due to the comming of Zero Hour.

The Legion Lost. V2.0.

I also liked quite a lot this line-up, and the storyline was, IMHO, very promissing, with the group cut off from pratically everything that made the Legion the Legion. Sadly, Fabian Nicieza left the book after a few issues, being replaced by Scott Lodbell, and the book lost a lot of intrest for me after it became involved in the Culling, and, IMHO, it was downhill from there on.

Peace

Legion ladies fan art:

(Bouncing Boy found his real calling)

I liked this phase. The Legion on the run phase. It had a lot of potential, and it was very unpredictable. Sadly, it was kind of rushed off at the end, due to the comming of Zero Hour.
    Peace
    Legion on the run stories had been few or many? It is an interesting take but little times explored I think.

Amazing Member

How is 5YL as a "jumping on point"? The Legion are big DC blindspot for me, but that era and LEGION seem appealing to me.

I also liked quite a lot this line-up, and the storyline was, IMHO, very promissing, with the group cut off from pratically everything that made the Legion the Legion. Sadly, Fabian Nicieza left the book after a few issues, being replaced by Scott Lodbell, and the book lost a lot of intrest for me after it became involved in the Culling, and, IMHO, it was downhill from there on.

Peace
    A lot of things went down during the New52. It was a mess. It is kind of weird how in their bigger reboots the Legion never were affected inmediatly but later, with the writers trying to do what they could do. And in both cases with Levitz at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueWhistler View Post
    How is 5YL as a "jumping on point"? The Legion are big DC blindspot for me, but that era and LEGION seem appealing to me.
    5YL demanded a lot of knowledge and attention. As the editor left Giffen to do whatever he wanted, Giffen really went to extremes on the characters.
    But I guess the perspective was: "you don't know what is happenning, let's discovering together".
    But even as I like Giffen work, I don't think this was the best work for the Legion.

Naturally, this also had to be here:

90º degrees, as should be.

5YL indeed was an era to be mentioned even if you liked or not.

Wait a minute, you mean this LEGION?:

The reboot second era by Abnnett and Lanning, the Legion:

860977-legion2.jpg